Why people think Bridgeport Ghetto ?
Bridgeport Girl

Bridgeport, CT

#43 Aug 10, 2014
Sir Samuel wrote:
<quoted text>
I had lived in Bridgeport for over 30 years, and I moved out because Bridgeport is not safe. Drug dealers are here, there and everywhere.Where is your so safe neighborhood? Not in Bridgeport.

In Bridgeport for 54 years.. In the same house.......life is good
lifeisshort

United States

#44 Aug 11, 2014
freesoul wrote:
Shame on some of you people who have no idea how other people have to live without choice..its really sad how you could want to wipe out certain people because of how racist, entitled and arrogant you guys are. Maybe you should try living in shoes that weren't for you then maybe you can gain some knowledge and insight altogether of the difficulties Bridgeport faces..Just because they have bad people out in the open does not mean in other places they don't have them in secret. I have met very trashy people in these so called high class places with very ignorant minds. Truly disgusting how immature people are in general. So if they are all copies, what are you who think the same noise? Not from there, don't like it, Stay out.
You're wrong there, freesoul. You DO have a choice. Become someone who strives for a better future for yourself instead of siding up with your homies trying to prove that you're cool. Pull your pants up. Don't become a statistic. Be a man and recognize your wrongdoings. Others have done it, why not you? Don't make excuses to ease the pain that you claim every whitie out there is putting on you. Make the right choice for yourself. I came from Bridgeport long ago and it wasn't anywhere near the disgusting condition it is in today. People who made the wrong choice did that and that's not being racist. That's just plain facts.
brandy

Naugatuck, CT

#45 Aug 11, 2014
ole rev al -snitch ,involved in drugs, blood diamonds and all kinds of sh!t tawana scam. this guy is class act.
that is one "community leader" that loves to stir the pot , feeds on the poor,keeping them angry and oppressed for his own selfish purpose. His hands are always dirty . Yet his followers will not see it.
Wondering

Stratford, CT

#46 Aug 11, 2014
Bridgeport was once thriving due to the manufacturing jobs that were available. Thanks to politics and increasing taxes those manufacturers left town leaving behind the people dependent on those jobs. Many of these people did not have the skills to move on to better jobs. Homeowners were stuck with the burden of supporting the city with growing property tax bills. Those that could get out did. Some kept the homes for rent income but with higher and higher property taxes it became impossible to keep up these homes. They are being rented now to those people that were left behind and have no way of making a living and have become dependent now on the state. Without industry the city is dying more and more every day.
abbie

Baltimore, MD

#47 Aug 11, 2014
I lived in bpt for 20 years and I can't express the depression I suffered all 20 years. It really is like a zoo there wow l thought I would never make it out of bpt alive at least . The schools are like a zoo for baby animals it's a sick thing. I moved to a motel with me and my kids in a better town in ct best choice I ever made and now my kids are going to a great school, we have our own place in a beautiful neighborhood with wonderful parks, I no longer feel trapped with run down homes, loud people,crime, or parks with bums sleeping with glass and condoms all over the place whith no were for kids to be kids. Last time I took my kids to a park in bpt my youngest bought me a condom on a stick (yuk!) Then we heard gun shots and had to run all the way home so that was it for parks there I didn't have a car so we were just trapped inside all the time witch really made me feel like a trapped animal plus my kids were missing there childhood . Well I packed up one day and never looked back, hands down the best choice I ever made for my kids but when I smell cigarettes I get flash backs even after two years, I guess the mental damage from living there will take some time to heal but on a happier note my kids don't have to suffer and my depression has left completely the same day I left that zoo.
BPT

Bridgeport, CT

#48 Aug 11, 2014
abbie wrote:
I lived in bpt for 20 years and I can't express the depression I suffered all 20 years. It really is like a zoo there wow l thought I would never make it out of bpt alive at least . The schools are like a zoo for baby animals it's a sick thing. I moved to a motel with me and my kids in a better town in ct best choice I ever made and now my kids are going to a great school, we have our own place in a beautiful neighborhood with wonderful parks, I no longer feel trapped with run down homes, loud people,crime, or parks with bums sleeping with glass and condoms all over the place whith no were for kids to be kids. Last time I took my kids to a park in bpt my youngest bought me a condom on a stick (yuk!) Then we heard gun shots and had to run all the way home so that was it for parks there I didn't have a car so we were just trapped inside all the time witch really made me feel like a trapped animal plus my kids were missing there childhood . Well I packed up one day and never looked back, hands down the best choice I ever made for my kids but when I smell cigarettes I get flash backs even after two years, I guess the mental damage from living there will take some time to heal but on a happier note my kids don't have to suffer and my depression has left completely the same day I left that zoo.
what street did you live on?

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#49 Aug 11, 2014
abbie wrote:
I wish I could move… but I'm stuck working a job for the pension. I hate the loud, violent people you speak of, and you arent wrong about that. And this last 36 hours here have been particularly violent. When I retire I will move far away from ghetto people and far away from high tax states.

Since: Jun 14

Stratford, CT

#50 Aug 11, 2014
And early teens get knock up too. Shame on them.
brandy

Naugatuck, CT

#51 Aug 12, 2014
abbie wrote:
You can't make this sh!t up.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#52 Aug 12, 2014
Sir Samuel wrote:
And early teens get knock up too. Shame on them.
Early teens get knocked up and then hand the bill to working people. The kids they create are statistical/financial nightmares too.
brandy

Naugatuck, CT

#53 Aug 12, 2014
Serious rioting and looting?
that does not help anything.
brandy

Naugatuck, CT

#54 Aug 13, 2014
Not a word from the press a black killed a Jewish Rabbi. Were Is the news? NO rioting and looting.

Stratford, CT

#55 Aug 14, 2014
brandy
Do you want to see my sweet little Willie?

“'never'”

Location hidden

#56 Aug 14, 2014
Sir Samuel wrote:
brandy
Do you want to see my sweet little Willie?
WTF! You've gone off the deep end sam! I hope Brandy is a female….

Stratford, CT

#57 Aug 15, 2014
Brandy is a lady.
Rose

Stratford, CT

#58 Aug 15, 2014
Sir Samuel wrote:
Brandy is a lady.
And worth every penny too!
brandy

Naugatuck, CT

#59 Aug 16, 2014
Arlington Va. Maj. Gen. Harold Greene was laid to rest.
obama 's at the ninth hole in martha's vineyard .If the Gen. was queer the white house would have been there.
lifeisshort

Oxford, CT

#60 Aug 16, 2014
brandy wrote:
Arlington Va. Maj. Gen. Harold Greene was laid to rest.
obama 's at the ninth hole in martha's vineyard .If the Gen. was queer the white house would have been there.
You are so right. I guess that POS Obama just doesn't care, I mean he IS the Commander And Chief of the forces, isn't he? I'm glad I never served under him.
brandy

Naugatuck, CT

#61 Aug 19, 2014
The day the EBT cards stop working,the EBT zombies will flow out of the cities looking for more free stuff and eliminate the government middle man.
flbill

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#62 Feb 6, 2015
problem is: LIBERAL WHITE DO GOODER MONKEY LOVERS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bridgeport nonprofits merge to further their goals 7 hr BPT 1
News Minimum wage: one bill lives, another dies 7 hr BPT 1
News WPKN's transmitter on borrowed time 7 hr BPT 1
News Vitro's Package Store in Bridgeport, Conn. Frid... Tue Erik 2
News This February shaping up to be top-5 warmest at... Tue Long Island Liberal 3
News Newington preschooler left on school bus, again (Sep '08) Tue HeyItsAsh 32
News Hundreds march on Day Without Immigrants in Bri... Tue Bill 5

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages