'Chipping Away at Fraud' on the Green...

'Chipping Away at Fraud' on the Greens of Whitney Farms

There are 15 comments on the Patch.com story from Sep 11, 2013, titled 'Chipping Away at Fraud' on the Greens of Whitney Farms. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Financial crimes involving identity theft and other forms of fraud are on the rise and these cases are difficult for local law enforcement to tackle alone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

BPT

Naugatuck, CT

#1 Sep 12, 2013
I play at whitney farms, tough course. if you don't play golf often when you go there have plenty of balls with you, between the woods and the water you're gonna need them.
Ace

Stratford, CT

#2 Sep 12, 2013
BPT wrote:
I play at whitney farms, tough course. if you don't play golf often when you go there have plenty of balls with you, between the woods and the water you're gonna need them.
I've always been told that I have a lot of balls.
BPT

Naugatuck, CT

#3 Sep 12, 2013
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>I've always been told that I have a lot of balls.
they are probably small, white and dimpled also..........;)
Ace

Stratford, CT

#4 Sep 12, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>they are probably small, white and dimpled also..........;)
I bet your favorite club is your putter.
BPT

Naugatuck, CT

#5 Sep 12, 2013
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>I bet your favorite club is your putter.
good comeback..........I am good with my putter. after all you do use half your shots with your putter.
Ace

Stratford, CT

#6 Sep 12, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>good comeback..........I am good with my putter. after all you do use half your shots with your putter.
It is important to have good putting technique if you want to keep your strokes to a minimum.
BPT

Naugatuck, CT

#7 Sep 12, 2013
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>It is important to have good putting technique if you want to keep your strokes to a minimum.
however, at times, size matters, so you need to know how to handle your driver also!
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#8 Sep 12, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>however, at times, size matters, so you need to know how to handle your driver also!
LOL
Ace

Stratford, CT

#9 Sep 12, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>however, at times, size matters, so you need to know how to handle your driver also!
So you are an advocate of the long belly putter? Without skillful use of your "pitching" wedge you never get to the using your putter part...unless you are into night putting.
BPT

Naugatuck, CT

#10 Sep 13, 2013
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>So you are an advocate of the long belly putter? Without skillful use of your "pitching" wedge you never get to the using your putter part...unless you are into night putting.
kudos, well said.
I've been not bad this year with my pitching , gotta get it close so you can put it in, in one shot. however I have a regular putter. I feel there is something not right with those belly putters.l night putting??!!?? good luck with that, could be tough to read the break in the green.
Ace

Stratford, CT

#11 Sep 13, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>kudos, well said.
I've been not bad this year with my pitching , gotta get it close so you can put it in, in one shot. however I have a regular putter. I feel there is something not right with those belly putters.l night putting??!!?? good luck with that, could be tough to read the break in the green.
You have to be careful not to get stuck in a deep divot, it can be tough on your club to get out of it.
BPT

Naugatuck, CT

#12 Sep 13, 2013
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>You have to be careful not to get stuck in a deep divot, it can be tough on your club to get out of it.
the double meanings continue..........;)

in answer to your question, it depends upon your lie. if your ball is up or buried in deep rough. it is the same swing though, gotta use a club with more loft to get it up. and ,as you know, you can't ground your club if your in a hazard.

grounding your club sounds painful..........
Ace

Stratford, CT

#13 Sep 13, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>the double meanings continue..........;)
in answer to your question, it depends upon your lie. if your ball is up or buried in deep rough. it is the same swing though, gotta use a club with more loft to get it up. and ,as you know, you can't ground your club if your in a hazard.
grounding your club sounds painful..........
The only thing really painful about grounding your club is when she screams.
BPT

Naugatuck, CT

#14 Sep 13, 2013
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing really painful about grounding your club is when she screams.
that could disturb your concentration. take you out of your rhythm.
Ace

Stratford, CT

#15 Sep 13, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>that could disturb your concentration. take you out of your rhythm.
It can certainly make your putter flutter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bridgeport Rep Rejects Plea Deal In Frau... 5 hr American Gentlema... 6
News Fairfield County Nonprofits Find Support At Gat... 5 hr American Gentlema... 1
News The Gathering of the Vibes 2015- Day 1 8 hr hardly workin 3
News Gathering of the Vibes makes splash at Bridgepo... 19 hr hardly workin 3
News Bridge work to cause I-95 lane closures Fri hardly workin 5
News Fairfield woman clowned with Wavy Gravy Jul 30 BPT 2
News Ex-bank manager admits stealing $516,000 from e... (Apr '09) Jul 29 Crazy 356
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages