Ethics training at Bridgeport City Ha...

Ethics training at Bridgeport City Hall - finally

There are 24 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jan 6, 2013, titled Ethics training at Bridgeport City Hall - finally. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

The city will require annual ethics training within City Hall -- a decade after Mayor Joseph P. Ganim 's conviction on federal corruption charges had officials pledging to raise the standards for Bridgeport's conduct of business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BPT

Trumbull, CT

#1 Jan 7, 2013
ethics??!!??
at city hall?
why does'nt that make sense to me.
Bertrand

Trumbull, CT

#2 Jan 7, 2013
A higher form of corruption..
LynneB

Waterford, CT

#3 Jan 7, 2013
You can't "train" people to be ethical, anymore than you can legislate morality. People either are or they aren't ethical. It isn't something you can "teach" anyone. Good luck with that!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Jan 7, 2013
Correct Lynne, once we get to be adults, we should have ethics. Newton never learn his lesson. Off to jail he will go.
annabel

Trumbull, CT

#5 Jan 7, 2013
why not heve this at Teas@@@ resterrant dat were the desions are made city hall jus conts the pad

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Jan 7, 2013
You can train people to be ethical. Religion does this, with varying degrees of success. Ever meet a devout 7th Day Adventist? They tend to be very ethical, very moral, and no, it's not a cult.
These are typically people who have been indoctrinated during adulthood. Whether or not it can be done by a bunch of inner city democrats is another story.

Since: Oct 11

United States

#7 Jan 7, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
You can train people to be ethical. Religion does this, with varying degrees of success. Ever meet a devout 7th Day Adventist? They tend to be very ethical, very moral, and no, it's not a cult.
These are typically people who have been indoctrinated during adulthood. Whether or not it can be done by a bunch of inner city democrats is another story.
.......Yeah, I'll believe that when I hear you be honest.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 7, 2013
CTM1 wrote:
<quoted text>.......Yeah, I'll believe that when I hear you be honest.
Hate to break it to you, but I don't control whether Adventists are honest. Besides, you will make some connection to Newtown and think its all a conspiracy.

Since: Oct 11

United States

#9 Jan 7, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to break it to you, but I don't control whether Adventists are honest. Besides, you will make some connection to Newtown and think its all a conspiracy.
..........I guess I did make a mistake on that one, imagine, me thinking you had or wanted ethics and morality......guess that makes me a sucker, looking for the good in everyone.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 7, 2013
CTM1 wrote:
<quoted text>..........I guess I did make a mistake on that one, imagine, me thinking you had or wanted ethics and morality......guess that makes me a sucker, looking for the good in everyone.
Weak.... people on this forum know where I stand.

Since: Oct 11

United States

#11 Jan 7, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak.... people on this forum know where I stand.
..........Yes that judgemental, ignorant and ill-informed soapbox makes for quite the foundation.
Propellerhead

Torrington, CT

#12 Jan 7, 2013
CTM1 wrote:
<quoted text>..........Yes that judgemental, ignorant and ill-informed soapbox makes for quite the foundation.
Sounds like the soapbox you are standing on.
American Gentlemen Samuel

New Haven, CT

#13 Jan 7, 2013
Who's giving it Ayala?

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#14 Jan 7, 2013
CTM1 wrote:
<quoted text>..........Yes that judgemental, ignorant and ill-informed soapbox makes for quite the foundation.
Ouch man that hurts so much.
Did you see the live links I posted days ago about your Blumenthal thread? They're still there. Lanza body armor thread, posts #53, 4, and 5.
CTM

United States

#15 Jan 8, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch man that hurts so much.
Did you see the live links I posted days ago about your Blumenthal thread? They're still there. Lanza body armor thread, posts #53, 4, and 5.
..........Yes, I can lean way over to the stupid opinion of you. Posts go from 52 to 56, yours are gone. Tell me more about what I make up.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16 Jan 8, 2013
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>..........Yes, I can lean way over to the stupid opinion of you. Posts go from 52 to 56, yours are gone. Tell me more about what I make up.
NOW they are gone, yesterday when I answered you they were there. So, did you lean way over to the dishonest side and 'report abuse' on each one? Because I know you're covering up for Blumenthal.

Seriously, I can still see the posts if I'm signed in, but not if I sign out, then they ARE missing. Next I'll sign out, post the link, and see if the posts stay up. Removing them may be automated, or you may be doing it, but I highly doubt anyone else cares enough to do it. But YOU will never be convinced of that, because they're after you!
CTM

United States

#18 Jan 8, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOW they are gone, yesterday when I answered you they were there. So, did you lean way over to the dishonest side and 'report abuse' on each one? Because I know you're covering up for Blumenthal.
Seriously, I can still see the posts if I'm signed in, but not if I sign out, then they ARE missing. Next I'll sign out, post the link, and see if the posts stay up. Removing them may be automated, or you may be doing it, but I highly doubt anyone else cares enough to do it. But YOU will never be convinced of that, because they're after you!
..........You still don't get it. They're not after me. What they are after is as much tax money they can steal and carry. They don't care that the state has a deficit, these politicians have borrowed money to steal more and the taxpayers get the bill. They also use their position to allow crimes that get them money, share the wealth in payoffs and campaign contributions. Why am I wasting my time with such an idiot..?

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#19 Jan 8, 2013
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>..........You still don't get it. They're not after me. What they are after is as much tax money they can steal and carry. They don't care that the state has a deficit, these politicians have borrowed money to steal more and the taxpayers get the bill. They also use their position to allow crimes that get them money, share the wealth in payoffs and campaign contributions. Why am I wasting my time with such an idiot..?
Why did you just shift to talking about this? We weren't finished talking about the disappearing posts.... hmmm interesting. Ok so tell me how they actually steal tax money. By the way I'll be typing less until I get a quarter inch long splinter out of my fingertip somehow. Last night I dug at it, didn't get it, and then couldn't see it because I mangled the tip of my finger.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#20 Jan 8, 2013
Ethics… training… at… Bridgeport… City… Hall…
Nope, sorry - I can't say or think that phrase without giggling.
Bertrand

Trumbull, CT

#21 Jan 9, 2013
Course is entitled "Honor among Thieves"..Instructors are Joe Gan@@m and Ernest Newt@@n..And since it is Bridgeport the FEE to pay to play (attend the course) is $300.00 (checks made out to cash plse..)The good news is that the FEE covers Lunch at Test@@s..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Monkey - high-fives' with children at Bridgepor... 3 hr Gavone 7
Wait a Minute Mr Postman 3 hr Gavone 2
News Cops: Man Turns Hostile When Westport Barista R... 3 hr Gavone 3
News Police: Bridgeport Bookkeeper Embezzled $29,000... 3 hr America Gentleman... 1
News MGM seeks East End support for casino 11 hr BPT 2
News Retired Bridgeport police officer charged with ... 22 hr America Gentleman... 3
News Way Back When ... 1891 Oct 20 Gavone 10

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages