Ex-bank manager admits stealing $516,000 from elderly

A former Webster Bank branch manager in Trumbull admitted stealing $516,000 from seven bank accounts belonging to elderly or deceased customers over a year-long period. Full Story
pathetic

Trumbull, CT

#304 Oct 2, 2012
CTM wrote:
That money is chump change compared to this.........http://www.freere public.com/focus/f-news/737662 /posts
give us a clue...or copy the post..
Nancy

Shelton, CT

#305 May 4, 2013
That fat ugly no good manly women ate her way Thur her job.let not forget the job before then he got fired from stealing also. O and the job before that and the job before that. I heard she stolen from a a little boy in a wheel chair fund from Ridgefield. She paid back all the money that is why the didn't put her in jail.

I saw Frank at Walmart with his wig.. Didn't look good at all.

He went around and told everyone he got hurt at Home Depot and something fell on his head. And he sued got a lot of money from that. What really what happen was when they put his wig on they put these medal this in his head and didn't put them in right they hit son nervous that caused him to limp. When people drink a lot at Outback they spill the beans.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#306 May 4, 2013
Klingon wrote:
It doesn't say that she has to pay back the money. Does that mean she is going to keep it?
Did the crook went to jail.
looser

Trumbull, CT

#307 May 15, 2013
Nancy wrote:
That fat ugly no good manly women ate her way Thur her job.let not forget the job before then he got fired from stealing also. O and the job before that and the job before that. I heard she stolen from a a little boy in a wheel chair fund from Ridgefield. She paid back all the money that is why the didn't put her in jail.
I saw Frank at Walmart with his wig.. Didn't look good at all.
He went around and told everyone he got hurt at Home Depot and something fell on his head. And he sued got a lot of money from that. What really what happen was when they put his wig on they put these medal this in his head and didn't put them in right they hit son nervous that caused him to limp. When people drink a lot at Outback they spill the beans.
I guess that's why they are still together they are both thieves...where did he steal from... saw him a while back at Outback with some fat short lady...she looked like a dwarf..
Misty

Stamford, CT

#308 Jul 25, 2013
I saw him the other day with a women with really dark skin. There were on date.. He looks really old. He needs a new wig,
looser

Trumbull, CT

#309 Aug 1, 2013
Misty wrote:
I saw him the other day with a women with really dark skin. There were on date.. He looks really old. He needs a new wig,
where did you see him? I saw him at a coffee place in Monroe with this Short lady months ago,then a friend of mine so him with a black woman on a Friday night maybe the same one you saw him with..nothing knew he's been out with all kinds.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#310 Aug 1, 2013
Sent this crook to jail for life.
Learned a lesson

Bronx, NY

#311 Aug 3, 2013
Does anyone in the town government care to do anything about the fact that he is running a used car lot out of his residential zoned driveway? Pass the word, don't ever give this man money for anything. You will regret it. I wish I knew about these people before I gave him money.
looser

Trumbull, CT

#312 Oct 11, 2013
Where is he selling his cars these day's?
I saw him with his wife...then a few day's later I saw him with some woman having coffee...what is wrong with his wife is she that stupid..what about the daughters what's wrong with them.. they know what their father does..everybody knows
An Elderly

Stratford, CT

#313 Oct 11, 2013
In jail, I hope.
American Gentleman Sam

Hartford, CT

#314 Oct 11, 2013
I set up a trust account for Tippy. I am completely satisfied.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#315 Oct 12, 2013
American Gentleman Sam wrote:
I set up a trust account for Tippy. I am completely satisfied.
George earns his own money through hard work, he would never accept handouts.

Since: Sep 13

Stratford, CT

#316 Oct 12, 2013
Liar, George receives city welfare. Let him find a job, like Tippy.
looser

Trumbull, CT

#317 Oct 12, 2013
what does any of this got to do with this blog?

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#318 Oct 13, 2013
George is not even eligible for welfare, given his superior intellect. He told me he recently saw Tippy, hitchhiking in the rain. And he didn't stop, because he doesn't want Tippy's fleas in the car.

Since: Sep 13

Stratford, CT

#319 Oct 13, 2013
Hot Soup wrote:
That's a federal crime and she's going to repay with jail time.
Now, that is real money.
CTM

Southbury, CT

#320 Oct 13, 2013
pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>give us a clue...or copy the post..
AG Power Grab

Out of control in Connecticut.

By John R. Lott Jr.

he last decade has seen state attorney generals use the power of the courts to shape public policy in unprecedented ways. Among the most aggressive in litigation ranging from tobacco to guns has been Connecticut's Richard Blumenthal, though for Blumenthal this was just the warm up. Even if the ideas that he is now advancing fail in Connecticut, they provide a dire warning of what other state attorneys general may soon start trying.

In just 12 years, his office has ballooned in size, more than doubling its budget from $13 million to almost $27 million and increasing the number of cases completed by 65 percent. Yet, despite this growth, Blumenthal has gone so far into actions previously reserved for other parts of the government that he often neglects the real duties of his job.

On August 9, the Connecticut supreme court checked Blumenthal for overstepping his authority. The court unanimously ruled that Blumenthal's jurisdiction is largely limited by state statute to representing state agencies and officials in lawsuits brought by or against them, although the attorney general had claimed broader powers.

Unsatisfied with his traditional role, Blumenthal had gone after the administrator of an academy accused of mishandling state funds. The court noted that it was up to the Connecticut commissioner of education, not Blumenthal alone, to bring the case.

Blumenthal has received harsh words before. For instance, last December, New York state's highest court found that Blumenthal's office was "mishandling" and making "missteps" in a paternity case. The Connecticut Law Tribune reported that "the direct criticism by the court raised eyebrows in Albany ."

The state supreme court pointed out in its decision two weeks ago that the attorney general's office had been established in 1897 because of the inefficiencies in having "each state agency and department [retain] its own legal counsel." But in July, the Connecticut Law Tribune reported that because his staff was so busy, the attorneys in Blumenthal's office "will no longer serve as counsel to state boards or as counsel to agency staffs ."
CTM

Southbury, CT

#321 Oct 13, 2013
The state supreme court pointed out in its decision two weeks ago that the attorney general's office had been established in 1897 because of the inefficiencies in having "each state agency and department [retain] its own legal counsel." But in July, the Connecticut Law Tribune reported that because his staff was so busy, the attorneys in Blumenthal's office "will no longer serve as counsel to state boards or as counsel to agency staffs ."

Worse, not only is he abrogating his role to advise, represent, and defend the state of Connecticut, his office is now suing the state. The high-profile case involves Cross Sound Cable Co. and represents an unprecedented power grab. Blumenthal sued to stop a cable being laid between Long Island and New Haven on environmental grounds. The suit was brought against the Connecticut Siting Council, the state agency that approved the cable. Just as in the case decided by the supreme court, Blumenthal filed the lawsuit in his own name, not on behalf of a state agency charged with these policy decisions.

Blumenthal claims that there is precedent for state agencies to sue each other, and indeed there is when lines of authority conflict. Try as they might, legislatures cannot foresee all possible conflicts. Courts step in to determine not who made the "correct" policy decision, but who has the actual authority. What Blumenthal wants, however, is something quite different. Instead of having legislators resolving policy differences, Blumenthal would make himself and the courts the final arbiter over policy.

The grab for power also crosses ethical lines. Two of the law firms that Blumenthal contracted with to sue the tobacco companies were run separately by his former law partner and his partner's wife. Blumenthal's defenders claim that other law firms simply didn't want the job. In a Connecticut Law Tribune article, however, a few lawyers disagreed, one complaining that "we didn't ever get a meeting" with the attorney general's office and another saying that his firm wasn't included despite agreeing to the state's contractual terms. Blumenthal's former partner, David Golub, acknowledged, "I know how it 'looks' he's my former partner ..."

Yet, whatever the concerns about Blumenthal giving a contract to a former partner, where did he get the authority at the time the contracts were negotiated to commit the state to pay private attorneys a sum then estimated to be more than $250 million?

During 12 years in office, Blumenthal has grown arrogant. People in and out of state government are afraid of him and are scared to publicly speak about their experiences. The state supreme court has better uses of its time than to monitor the behavior of an out-of-control attorney general.

John Lott is a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.
CTM

Southbury, CT

#322 Oct 13, 2013
Yep, that's 1/4 billion taxpayers $$ in a no-bid, maybe no-work contract from blumenthal to his ex law partner. Just one of many contracts he got approval for funds from mckinney while head of the appropriations committee. And then there are the scams we haven't found. Wonder why we're in debt as a state?
Dave

Stratford, CT

#323 Oct 13, 2013
looser wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that's why they are still together they are both thieves...where did he steal from... saw him a while back at Outback with some fat short lady...she looked like a dwarf..
That is no way to write about Ava.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should DMR (Nov '11) 1 hr The Tippy Brothers 241
UFO Alert: Police Officer Sees Aliens at Crop C... (Oct '09) 2 hr Damon 5
merry christmas (Dec '08) 2 hr American Gentlema... 17
Hello Lisa and Artsy (Feb '09) 2 hr American Gentlema... 57
Two shot near Bridgeport day care 15 hr Citizen44 3
Stfd. deputy police chief to retire (Dec '08) Tue Test 2,430
Hello Christmas time (Dec '11) Tue American Gentlema... 59

Trumbull News Video

Trumbull Dating
Find my Match