Ex-bank manager admits stealing $516,000 from elderly

A former Webster Bank branch manager in Trumbull admitted stealing $516,000 from seven bank accounts belonging to elderly or deceased customers over a year-long period. Full Story
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Piscataway, NJ

#1 Apr 2, 2009
"Ariano, a blonde woman dressed in a black suit, admitted to Margolis that she took money from dormant accounts and placed them in accounts she created"

They sould tar and feather this smelly vulture!
Hot Soup

Franklin Square, NY

#2 Apr 2, 2009
That's a federal crime and she's going to repay with jail time.
etcblog

Smithtown, NY

#5 Apr 2, 2009
WHY?
old geezer

Middletown, CT

#7 Apr 3, 2009
should have received a 10 year sentence
Klingon

Port Washington, NY

#8 Apr 3, 2009
It doesn't say that she has to pay back the money. Does that mean she is going to keep it?
Sabrina

Franklin Square, NY

#9 Apr 3, 2009
I thought things like this only happens in Bridgeport, but in Trumbull ? that proved that are scum bags any where.She was very fast in charging me with a fee for insufficient funds, even when I knew I have enough to cover my checks. Jail time and pay the people their money.!
Ann

Bridgeport, CT

#10 Apr 3, 2009
Creative accounting...at it's best!
Payback Time

Greenwich, CT

#12 Apr 3, 2009
Tough luck for her. She lived high on the hog and she looks like one too. The bank should make her pay back every red cent.
MsD

Paterson, NJ

#13 Apr 3, 2009
I cant imagine taking even $10 from a deceased persons account.....Glad she was caught. She deserves more jail time.
MsD

Paterson, NJ

#14 Apr 3, 2009
Klingon wrote:
It doesn't say that she has to pay back the money. Does that mean she is going to keep it?
The article mentions restitution...meaning to have to pay the money back
Former Teller

United States

#16 Apr 3, 2009
Sabrina wrote:
I thought things like this only happens in Bridgeport, but in Trumbull ? that proved that are scum bags any where.She was very fast in charging me with a fee for insufficient funds, even when I knew I have enough to cover my checks. Jail time and pay the people their money.!
That was a stupid remark...why do you always have to come to Bridgeport on everything. This happens everywhere...Why don't you look into your local banks... Pathetic
Money Market

West Milford, NJ

#17 Apr 3, 2009
Wow little jail time and only a $75,000 fine ? The courts should take her house in Trumbull and sell it off to pay back the $516,000 !!
Dragone

West Milford, NJ

#18 Apr 3, 2009
Yea she is pretty fat ...
CARL

Franklin Square, NY

#19 Apr 3, 2009
When are they going to pay the people she took the money from..?
chance

Budd Lake, NJ

#20 Apr 3, 2009
Sabrina wrote:
How stupid are you, sabrina? How was talking about Bridgeport? IDK if you have been living under a rock or not, but there is crime all over. Worry about the drugs etc. in milford.
Agreed

Paterson, NJ

#21 Apr 3, 2009
Former Teller wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a stupid remark...why do you always have to come to Bridgeport on everything. This happens everywhere...Why don't you look into your local banks... Pathetic
I couldnt agree with you more. Very ignorant comment...
Unreal

Shelton, CT

#22 Apr 3, 2009
I guess Frank won't be hanging out at Starbuck's anymore. He may be out front with an empty cup asking for spare change!!! So much for the days of Gucci and Coach, those days have come to an abrupt end. She will be trading in her designer clothes for her striped uniform. Goes to show you, don't be envious of what people have, you never know how they got it. But now we do!!!!!!!!!! The truth has come out.......
Sunny

Shelton, CT

#23 Apr 3, 2009
This happened years ago at another bank. A VP got 3 years jail for skimming over $300,000.00 off of deceased customers accounts. Shameful.
Bad4Business

Greenwich, CT

#24 Apr 3, 2009
Money Market wrote:
Wow little jail time and only a $75,000 fine ? The courts should take her house in Trumbull and sell it off to pay back the $516,000 !!
They probably will end up taking the house to pay back what she robbed. And then where will her sleazy cheating husband entertain his lady friends? the two of them thought their sh** didn't stink and this is what they had coming to them.
Amazing1

United States

#25 Apr 3, 2009
The government has been ripping off old people for years, no one's throwing them in jail!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
complaining Nl GGER 7 hr jackal 84
Daly: Don't test that 'crosswalk thing' in Brid... 8 hr American Gentlema... 1
Cops search Seaside Park for Bianca Lebron's re... (Jul '09) 10 hr American Gentlema... 338
Volunteers fan out to clean up Bridgeport 11 hr American Gentlema... 1
Honis complaint focuses on old murder case (Jun '11) 11 hr American Gentlema... 14
Bridgeport Deputy Chief Honis on Jim's Auto (Mar '10) 11 hr American Gentlema... 4
Bridgeport Police Officer Juan Santiago 15 hr no moleste el gato 11

Trumbull News Video

Trumbull Dating
Find my Match

Trumbull Jobs

Trumbull People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Trumbull News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trumbull

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]