Black firefighters claim discrimination

Dec 21, 2013 Full story: Connecticut Post 6

City Attorney Mark Anastasi speaks during an interview in the Mayor's Office in Bridgeport, Conn., Feb. 7th, 2013.

Full Story
American Gentleman Samuel

Plantsville, CT

#1 Dec 22, 2013
That's right. The hell with merit and the testing process. Have they not learned in sports when growing up that "everyone gets a trophy" even if you stink.
x democrat independent

Coffeyville, KS

#2 Dec 22, 2013
Haven't blacks already complained so much that the testing for those jobs had to be changed and made easier for them to pass? Hell, at some point they have to learn that you actually have to EARN some things in life and that life is not going to just hand you a "participation ribbon" for waking up! You actually have to work for what you have, at least in a few areas left in this life. Of course when we have half the country being shown that you can actually be paid just for waking up and have everything handed to you it's hard to teach people responsibility and any kind of work ethic......and of course respect!
Nulli Secundus

Monroe, CT

#3 Dec 22, 2013
Hey - The Firebugs haven't been in the news for quite a while, so it's understandable that they're now complaining about something that they haven't complained about before. When you're racist-oriented there's ALWAYS something new out there to get up your @$$.
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#4 Dec 23, 2013
x democrat independent wrote:
Haven't blacks already complained so much that the testing for those jobs had to be changed and made easier for them to pass? Hell, at some point they have to learn that you actually have to EARN some things in life and that life is not going to just hand you a "participation ribbon" for waking up! You actually have to work for what you have, at least in a few areas left in this life. Of course when we have half the country being shown that you can actually be paid just for waking up and have everything handed to you it's hard to teach people responsibility and any kind of work ethic......and of course respect!
Excellent comment.
Once again, some blacks just don't get it. You have to WORK for your 'place on the ladder' in ANY level of employment. They want everything handed to them or else they pull out that race card. It's pathetic why we have to put up with this all the time. The louder they scream the more they get. I think I'll try that!!
America Gentleman Samuel

Plantsville, CT

#5 Dec 23, 2013
lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent comment.
Once again, some blacks just don't get it. You have to WORK for your 'place on the ladder' in ANY level of employment. They want everything handed to them or else they pull out that race card. It's pathetic why we have to put up with this all the time. The louder they scream the more they get. I think I'll try that!!
I scream, it's usually when I have a stone and can't pass it when I pee.
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#6 Dec 31, 2013
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
<quoted text>
I scream, it's usually when I have a stone and can't pass it when I pee.
You've got to drink more cranberry juice. It's good for the kidneys and cuts down on those painful stones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Pays With Fake $100 Bill in Bridgeport: Police 21 hr Sir Samuel 3
Cops search Seaside Park for Bianca Lebron's re... (Jul '09) Sat So fake 334
Hi, Phyllis! Sat So fake 12
Bridgeport Police Officer Juan Santiago Sat Citizen44 9
Wilton Police: Man Strikes Co-Worker After Comp... Sep 17 Sir Samuel 1
Officials assess damage to Sound from Bridgepor... Sep 17 BPT 3
Shamas out as Kolbe Cathedral boys basketball c... (May '09) Sep 17 lachdown69 15
•••

Trumbull News Video

•••
Trumbull Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Trumbull Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Trumbull People Search