Bridgeport museum sells statue to lau...

Bridgeport museum sells statue to launch NASA satellite

There are 4 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Dec 2, 2013, titled Bridgeport museum sells statue to launch NASA satellite. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

This Nov. 22, 2013 photo released by Heritage Auctions shows Anna Hyatt Huntington's bronze statue The Torch Bearers, in Bridgeport, Conn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

BPT

Torrington, CT

#1 Dec 3, 2013
wow..........I've seen that statue there forever..........now it will be gone soon.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 3, 2013
The Discovery Museum and Planetarium in Bridgeport is making a calculated trade-off as it launches a significant upgrade to its science education program for schoolchildren.

The 55-year-old museum is auctioning a massive bronze statue Friday to raise money to outfit and program a satellite the size of a milk carton attached to a NASA rocket beaming back data on space dust.
A [disposable] satellite attached to a nasa rocket... HOW the f**k much "significant" can THAT be? The little b*st*rds don't even understand their ABCs and they're going to benefit by a throwaway SATELLITE?

It used to be called 'The Museum of Art, Science, and Industry'; but there's no more Art in bridgeport (tribal graffiti doesn't count), no more Science, and definitely no more Industry. Now it's the 'discovery museum'-'discovery' as in something you find on the bottom of your shoe.

I attended the unveiling of that statue and remember speaking with Mrs. Huntington. I've also seen her statues in Redding and at the State Park - will THEY be the NEXT to go because 'dannel' needs $$$ for some dumb*ss project?

I used to visit there regularly and support it for the good work it used to do. Shows, exhibits, events. None of those People work there anymore. It can die now.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Dec 4, 2013
Very true, Sol. The museum needs the money.
Rottenham

Stratford, CT

#4 Dec 5, 2013
"The little b*st*rds don't even understand their ABCs..."

Quite true. Maybe they could discover the English language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barnum Festival going out with a bang 13 hr BPT 11
News Bridgeport ranked 2nd richest U.S. city (Nov '15) 22 hr Samuels Furnace Man 4
News Ganim, unions in concessions stare-down Sun America Gentleman... 1
News New bridges now open on SB Route 8/25 Sat America Gentleman... 1
News Pleasure Beach in Bridgeport Sat America Gentleman... 1
News Photos: Workers put last pieces on new Route 8/... Jun 20 Samuels Furnace Man 3
News Naked teens charged with having sex on McLevy H... (Aug '09) Jun 16 ffctguitar 173
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages