Paul Makes Bid for Stratford Mayor Before Party Primary

Sep 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

The following is a letter to the editor by Joe Paul, who will face fellow Democrat Beth Daponte in a Sept.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Where is Beth

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

The treasurer for the Daponte for Mayor 2013 campaign, Barry Davis, was fined $100 this week for filing the a routine financial disclosure form for the campaign a day late.
The form was due to the Town Clerk’s office by Sept. 3, and it was received there Sept. 4.
Davis said,“The reason for the late filing was that it just got by me that a filing was necessary seven days before the election. I was working on the regular filing date in October. The error was mine.” As soon as I realized my error, and that I couldn’t get the Form 20 in on time, I was advised that there was a $100 fine for small periods of lateness, and that the fine had to be paid by the treasurer, and that it could not be paid by the campaign or the candidate. Early the following afternoon I dropped the form off at Town Hall as required, along with my check for $100.”
Beth Daponte, who is facing Joe Paul in next Tuesday’s primary for the Democratic spot on the November election ballot for mayor of Stratford, told The Star:“State election law wisely separates candidates from the handling of finances and filings. The campaign was not fined — my treasurer was personally fined.”

Nice. So this prior stuff was just her campaign bullsh_t. She has already shown through her actions she can not follow the rules

Analytical approach
As mayor, Daponte would have “a results-based approach,” she said, and evaluate budgets on “output and outcomes.”
“I would analyze budgets by looking at results of departments and services. This sort of analysis is how you get system-wide efficiency.” And efficiency is one of the watch-words of Daponte’s campaign.
A professional evaluator
Daponte is an academic and a professional evaluator of organizations and systems, and she says that her experience is “directly relevant” to public administration.
A Ph.D. in social science, Daponte has studied and forecasted foreign country populations for the U.S. Census Bureau, has been a university professor of social and urban studies including distribution of food to the impoverished, and has headed an Office of Internal Oversight Services at the United Nations in New York City.
Presently she owns Social Science Consultants in Stratford, which specializes in evaluating systems utilized by nonprofit organizations.
Daponte says that her personality on the job has been described over the years as pleasant, tough, and at the end of the day, she is respected for her results orientation.
Joe is right

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul said,“When I learned that Ms. Daponte’s treasurer had been fined for a late campaign finance report filing, I was disappointed with her campaign’s lack of professionalism. When mistakes are made – and they will be made in any situation because we’re all human – a good leader takes responsibility.”

Vote

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Interesting post and look how someone tries to bury it on topix

Since: Sep 13

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Good luck to him.
Jake

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Stratford is at a crossroads.It's time to support someone who is not party endorsed. JOE PAUL.
Bye Bye Beth

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Challenger Joe Paul beat Beth Daponte, the candidate endorsed by the Democratic Town Committee, in Tuesday’s mayoral primary.

Paul claims the Democratic line on the ballot against Republican incumbent Mayor John A. Harkins Tuesday, Nov. 5. Unaffiliated candidates George Mulligan and Ken Bruno have also qualified for the ballot.

Paul’s vote total of 911 topped Daponte’s 754 by 157 votes.

The major difference was in the 3rd Town Council District, formerly known as the 2nd District, where Paul topped Daponte by 237 votes, 299-62.

Since: Sep 13

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Read #4. Thank you and good night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Trumbull News Video

•••
Trumbull Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Trumbull Jobs

•••
•••
•••