New plan for Bridgeport's old King Cole

New plan for Bridgeport's old King Cole

There are 5 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Feb 3, 2013, titled New plan for Bridgeport's old King Cole. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

A developer has received zoning approval to demolish the former A&P on Park Ave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

BPT

Naugatuck, CT

#1 Feb 4, 2013
something should be done with this spot. but the neighborhood has been declining for many years. gonna be a tough sell to a new developer.
Paul

Stratford, CT

#2 Feb 4, 2013
They already have a developer.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 4, 2013
Yeah shopping centers don't seem to work in bad neighborhoods for some reason. I don't understand why- people still need to eat.

Reminds me of the shopping center near the center of new haven on whalley ave that has gone out of business a few times.

What is the mechanism that makes it so difficult?

The one on park ave had like 3 meat aisles and almost no produce aisle, to reflect the horrible diets of people in the hood! LOL
BPT

Naugatuck, CT

#4 Feb 4, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
Yeah shopping centers don't seem to work in bad neighborhoods for some reason. I don't understand why- people still need to eat.
Reminds me of the shopping center near the center of new haven on whalley ave that has gone out of business a few times.
What is the mechanism that makes it so difficult?
The one on park ave had like 3 meat aisles and almost no produce aisle, to reflect the horrible diets of people in the hood! LOL
because they only are busy on the first THREE days of the month, when the checks come out.
but
they have expenses ALL month.
Jose

Newtown, CT

#5 Feb 4, 2013
We only buy four days a month but steal 30...Stupid gringos...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fate of WPCA vote going to court 49 min American Gentlema... 3
News Teachers rally against standardized tests 1 hr American Gentlema... 47
News Memorial Day parades, services 16 hr BPT 9
News CT Budget Deal: "Brighter Tomorrow" or Broken P... 16 hr BPT 5
Comic Rizzo celebrates silliness 16 hr BPT 3
News Taking on the governor is worth a shot Sun American Gentlema... 1
News Bridgeport schools face $5 million in cuts May 31 BPT 5
More from around the web

Trumbull People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE