Take Time Cafe clocks out in Bridgeport

Take Time Cafe clocks out in Bridgeport

There are 12 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Dec 30, 2013, titled Take Time Cafe clocks out in Bridgeport. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

The interior of the now closed Take Time coffee shop at the corner of State and Broad Streets in downtown Bridgeport, Conn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 30, 2013
So sad.
BPT

Torrington, CT

#2 Dec 31, 2013
the city needs to take a more aggressive approach to revitalizing downtown.
the way it looks now, NO business will be able to make it. this guy was there 12 years.most politicians, advisors,,Mba "experts" have never actually run a business so they have little , if any, perception as to what it takes .
give new business owners a cleaned up downtown, couple it with tax incentives/ breaks for five years and maybe they can turn the corner.
however
at this pace, they might kill it forever.
Finished

Bridgeport, CT

#3 Dec 31, 2013
Two business closings in one month is not a sign of the economic boom the Mayor claims, it is more a sign of a sonic failure.
Downtown Bridgeport is not consumer friendly, might as well go to Westfield Trumbull or the Milford mall. At least they have multiple shopping options and FREE PARKING!!
bpthoodnews

Matawan, NJ

#4 Dec 31, 2013
Finished wrote:
Two business closings in one month is not a sign of the economic boom the Mayor claims, it is more a sign of a sonic failure.
Downtown Bridgeport is not consumer friendly, might as well go to Westfield Trumbull or the Milford mall. At least they have multiple shopping options and FREE PARKING!!
Bridgeport has of worst looking downton out of state 4th largest populated cities and uglyiest downtown skyline. Hand Down Hartford has best Downtown Skyline in CT
Bertrand

Trumbull, CT

#5 Dec 31, 2013
More Great news!!!! Finch and his minions are celebrating another closing in Downtown Bridgeport!!! This means the Economy is Booming according to them....Wait a couple of years till the state has to pick up the 20,000 illegals that just signed up for medicaid under OBAMACARE...double the mill rate and close more...welfare is Booming in Bridgeport!!!!

Location hidden

#6 Dec 31, 2013
The rents are too damn high.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 1, 2014
BPT wrote:
the city needs to take a more aggressive approach to revitalizing downtown.
the way it looks now, NO business will be able to make it. this guy was there 12 years.most politicians, advisors,,Mba "experts" have never actually run a business so they have little , if any, perception as to what it takes .
give new business owners a cleaned up downtown, couple it with tax incentives/ breaks for five years and maybe they can turn the corner.
however
at this pace, they might kill it forever.
OMG BPT, your political conversion has gone full circle. Now dammit, just come out and say you're a conservative!!
BPT

Torrington, CT

#8 Jan 2, 2014
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG BPT, your political conversion has gone full circle. Now dammit, just come out and say you're a conservative!!
funny, can't say that yet. just can' fathom how these folks get elected.
yesterday I got another phone call from the city declaring a snow emergency. second one this year. the backpedaling from last years blizzard is obvious. supposed to accumulate so we'll see how the city handles it this time. I feel they will do a great job, I hope.
Bertrand

Trumbull, CT

#9 Jan 2, 2014
SNOW EMERGENCY DECLARED BY FINCH...Roads from City Hall to Ralph and Richs treated.,reserved parking replaces handicap spaces....Extra plows in place to clear to madison parking lot of Test#%'s ...Emergency stock of gin moved to city hall..Tow trucks in place to haul cars out of Democrates parking areas at taverns around the city...Emergency headquarters manned to provide altaernate transportation for spouses..er..they are spouses arn't they? Bridgeport is READY!!!!

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 2, 2014
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>funny, can't say that yet. just can' fathom how these folks get elected.
yesterday I got another phone call from the city declaring a snow emergency. second one this year. the backpedaling from last years blizzard is obvious. supposed to accumulate so we'll see how the city handles it this time. I feel they will do a great job, I hope.
They get elected simply because inner city people and lifelong democrats vote reflexively. It's so sad- look at the fake indian, Elizabeth Warren, getting elected rather than Scott Brown. The county cannot continue to be great when someone like her could win.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 2, 2014
Too bad that Bridgeport could not be snow in for the whole winter.
Phil

Newark, NJ

#12 Jan 2, 2014
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Too bad that Bridgeport could not be snow in for the whole winter.
I like pancakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photographer Frank Gerratana snapped this photo... 14 hr America Gentleman... 3
News Celebrate Spring With Greater Bridgeport Sympho... Wed BPT 1
News Cops: Reaching for his wallet, diner shoots sel... Tue jeffery 3
News Shelton Student Photographer: 'I'm Scared Of Th... Tue jeffery 5
News Bloodroot owners mark 40 years of feminism, veg... Tue BPT 6
supergirl larose Tue supergirl larose 3
News Bridgeport duo nabbed for additional burglary c... Tue Samuels Furnace Man 2

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages