Kent

Bridgeport, CT

#1 May 3, 2014
Stratford elder law attorney Kurt Ahlberg has announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for judge of probate in this year’s election.

The current probate court judge, F. Paul Kurmay, will reach the state mandated retirement age later this year.

“I grew up in Stratford, am a graduate of the Stratford public school system, married my high school sweetheart and, after law school, joined my dad’s law firm and raised my own family here,” Ahlberg stated.“My family and I have been giving back to our town and its people for many years, and serving as probate court judge is another opportunity for me to continue doing so.”

Ahlberg has been active in Stratford civic and youth athletic activities for many years, including the Stratford Jaycees, Stratford Little League and Sterling House basketball. Ahlberg also served as an assistant town attorney.

Ahlberg has been an elder law attorney for over 35 years

In this General Assembly session that has approved little more than a baker's dozen of bills, a majority of House and Senate members have nonetheless managed to take action that will hit taxpayers for years and years to come.
With the Senate voting favorably on Tuesday, the Legislature approved the nominations of 16 Superior Court judges, four of whom are in their 60's and half of those are former state senators. The new judges can retire at the mandatory age of 70 with annual pensions of two-thirds of their $154,559 salaries.
They will get $103,000 for life. With annual cost of living adjustments. For working as little as four years.
The average taxpayer is unlikely to get a gold watch these days, even after 20 years of service with a private employer, but these politically connected judges will get golden robes for a fraction of the work.

Another golden parachute for Stratford Republicans. At least Kurmay was a Judge for 30years before he starts collecting the $103,000 pension. Now they want to elect some old dude who will be on the bench 4 years and then cash in
Bernie

Landrum, SC

#2 May 8, 2014
You can put your money to work for you with the power of the pyramid.

The golden robes program is second to none.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conn. Mayor Threatened After Praising Sharpton ... 11 hr Connecticut Tippy 1
Manslaughter charged in drug case (Mar '09) 12 hr Connecticut Tippy 91
Looking for 18 hr Melanie 15
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Fri Barack the Yellow 375
Should Bill Finch resign as Bridgeport CT Mayor ? (Feb '08) Fri Connecticut Tippy 28
finch. .....winterstorm juno is coming Thu Most Interesting Man 8
Ex-Mayor Ganim: Return To Scene Of The Crime? Jan 29 Connecticut Tippy 2

Winter Storm Warning for Fairfield County was issued at February 01 at 4:16AM EST

Trumbull News Video

Trumbull Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Trumbull People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:24 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:24AM
New Browns OC unfazed by QB uncertainty