Arrest made in Reservoir Avenue shoot...

Arrest made in Reservoir Avenue shootings

There are 21 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Sep 16, 2013, titled Arrest made in Reservoir Avenue shootings. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

An 18 year-old city man was arrested Monday morning at his mother's house in connection with the murder of Christopher Pettway , 26, last Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BPT

Waterbury, CT

#1 Sep 16, 2013
good job cops.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Sep 16, 2013
Although one might ask if the mother was harboring a fugitive.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 16, 2013
A picture is worth a single word - and that word begins with the letter after 'M' (for murderer).
tyrone

Stratford, CT

#4 Sep 17, 2013
Sol wrote:
A picture is worth a single word - and that word begins with the letter after 'M'(for murderer).
Aren't you clever. Tell you what, next time you see one of us have the courage to call us that to our face.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#5 Sep 17, 2013
tyrone wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you clever. Tell you what, next time you see one of us have the courage to call us that to our face.
That could be taken as falling right into a stereotype- and since when do you attack someone for an opinion? The pictures of that kid do look something is wrong. It's not an inditement of an entire race.
tyrone

Stratford, CT

#6 Sep 17, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be taken as falling right into a stereotype- and since when do you attack someone for an opinion? The pictures of that kid do look something is wrong. It's not an inditement of an entire race.
I found Sol's post referencing the "N" word offensive. And how can you tell by a picture if something is wrong with someone or not? Isn't that stereotyping, or profiling?

“'never'”

Location hidden

#7 Sep 17, 2013
tyrone wrote:
<quoted text> I found Sol's post referencing the "N" word offensive. And how can you tell by a picture if something is wrong with someone or not? Isn't that stereotyping, or profiling?
Ok, I didnt see that post. I don't think looking at a picture is stereotyping- stereotyping would be for a group, not an individual. To me, the kid looks somehow like he grew up in terrible circumstances, regardless of his race. He's got kind of a vacant, hard/ scared look.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#8 Sep 17, 2013
I meant to say 'looking at a picture and then characterizing it'
Wild Man

Stratford, CT

#10 Sep 17, 2013
Citizen44 is drunk again.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#11 Sep 18, 2013
tyrone wrote:
Aren't you clever. Tell you what, next time you see one of us have the courage to call us that to our face.
Don't be a twat. Nulli is right - you're a 'protected species' and while you can freely call me 'cracker' and 'white trash' and 'casper' and all other kinds of names (that I'll let go right on by me because I know you're inherently defective) the very INSTANT that I call you [rhymes with bigger] I'll get nailed on federal 'hate speech' charges and never see the light of day again.

'black people' aren't murderers,
'colored people' aren't murderers,
'african american' people aren't murderers;
[rhymes with bigger]s are murderers.

get OVER yourself.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#12 Sep 19, 2013
I have to say I'm surprised at several of you guys- you're aiming a lot of hostility at a particular black person who doesn't deserve it. And what was his transgression exactly? Defending his pride in being black? What is he supposed to do, readily agree that he is 'inferior' whenever he is asked?

Don't you guys know to judge an individual rather than a race?
BPT

Waterbury, CT

#13 Sep 19, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
I have to say I'm surprised at several of you guys- you're aiming a lot of hostility at a particular black person who doesn't deserve it. And what was his transgression exactly? Defending his pride in being black? What is he supposed to do, readily agree that he is 'inferior' whenever he is asked?
agree

yet ,who are we to "judge" anyone?
tyrone

Stratford, CT

#14 Sep 19, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
I think you'd be surprised at how many people think like them, co-workers, associates, etc, and you'd never know it because they hide it. But give them anonymity behind a keyboard and their true color comes out.
Besides, I think that Sol knows that he is limited, and that "S.o.l." is really just his way of saying that he is "Sh*t.outta.luck" when it comes to intelligence.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#15 Sep 19, 2013
tyrone wrote:
<quoted text>I think you'd be surprised at how many people think like them, co-workers, associates, etc, and you'd never know it because they hide it. But give them anonymity behind a keyboard and their true color comes out.
Besides, I think that Sol knows that he is limited, and that "S.o.l." is really just his way of saying that he is "Sh*t.outta.luck" when it comes to intelligence.
I dunno, I kind of disagree with you on that. Most white people know to judge an individual. I honestly think many black people believe there are more racists than there actually are.

Sol has actually posted many intelligent things in the past, believe it or not. But yeah, people definitely say more from behind a keyboard. I often become completely infantile, I like joking around.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#16 Sep 19, 2013
Wild Man wrote:
Citizen44 is drunk again.
Yes. I'm into wine enemas now.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#17 Sep 19, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>agree
yet ,who are we to "judge" anyone?
We all do it- we offer our opinion on a topic and on other posters. That's judging people. And judging others creates a social pressure to behave well (in general). It helps society function.
lifeisshort

United States

#18 Sep 21, 2013
I know Tyrone is just itching to see what I post on this boy, Roderick. Well, here goes Tyrone.
Judging from the picture he looks like a normal, decent kid, just chose the wrong path to follow through the years. Maybe he had no homelife, no moral figure to look up to or listen to, just the gang leaders and his peers. Too bad. He could be anybody's child trying to fit in like so many other unstable kids that they choose what seems like an easy way out of their predicament and that is to join a gang. Gangs can "take care" of him, but nothing like his home life, if he even had what you would call a good home life. Now Roderick has several felony convictions and may never see the outside of a prison all because he chose the wrong people to be with and drifted down the wrong path of life. So many kids end up the same way. Black or white. It all starts with the family and family values. It's a sad story for all the families, and Roderick. I'm sure he's scared of what lies ahead for him. Someone is dead because of him for no reason and his so-called "protective" gang is nowhere with him. He doesn't get any help from them now but if he has a Mom and Dad I'm sure they would be right there beside him. THAT support would almost ALWAYS be there. Too bad.
Some of these kids make it all the way through college, like Tyrone, and I congratulate them. It's a long road and not very easy. Hopefully, more of these kids will choose the right path and do the same.
tyrone

Stratford, CT

#19 Sep 21, 2013
lifeisshort wrote:
I know Tyrone is just itching to see what I post on this boy, Roderick. Well, here goes Tyrone.
Judging from the picture he looks like a normal, decent kid, just chose the wrong path to follow through the years. Maybe he had no homelife, no moral figure to look up to or listen to, just the gang leaders and his peers. Too bad. He could be anybody's child trying to fit in like so many other unstable kids that they choose what seems like an easy way out of their predicament and that is to join a gang. Gangs can "take care" of him, but nothing like his home life, if he even had what you would call a good home life. Now Roderick has several felony convictions and may never see the outside of a prison all because he chose the wrong people to be with and drifted down the wrong path of life. So many kids end up the same way. Black or white. It all starts with the family and family values. It's a sad story for all the families, and Roderick. I'm sure he's scared of what lies ahead for him. Someone is dead because of him for no reason and his so-called "protective" gang is nowhere with him. He doesn't get any help from them now but if he has a Mom and Dad I'm sure they would be right there beside him. THAT support would almost ALWAYS be there. Too bad.
Some of these kids make it all the way through college, like Tyrone, and I congratulate them. It's a long road and not very easy. Hopefully, more of these kids will choose the right path and do the same.
Nicely stated, I couldn't agree more.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#20 Sep 22, 2013
lifeisshort wrote:
Yeah I agree too. And if there is no one in the family who is a success/has values, it makes it far more unlikely that there will be a good outcome.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#21 Sep 22, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I'm into wine enemas now.
Now, that is good. Now, People cannot write that you are full of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-teacher pleads not guilty to sex assault of ... 1 hr BPT 1
News Bridgeport Dems' convention exposes bitter riva... 1 hr BPT 2
Is Stratford a Safe city? 13 hr luvforeverluv 1
redy for a new life 13 hr nancy 1
News Man Who Served Time In Ganim Case Arrested In D... 15 hr America Gentleman... 1
News Old, opulent theaters trigger magnificent memories 15 hr America Gentleman... 2
News Bridgeport City Council President not to seek r... Mon America Gentleman... 1

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages