Bridgeport vows to cut high school dr...

Bridgeport vows to cut high school dropout rate

There are 3 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Dec 2, 2012, titled Bridgeport vows to cut high school dropout rate. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

State officials call a plan to shrink the city's annual dropout and out-of-school suspension rates to zero in five years ambitious -- but insist it wasn't their idea.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

BPT

United States

#1 Dec 3, 2012
Start by making the schools available for humans only.
lifeisshort

United States

#2 Dec 3, 2012
This ought to be good. I can't wait to hear what their plan is. You know that somewhere along the way, us taxpayers are going to be paying for this "plan". Why should WE pay for some miraculous "plan" when it should be the students "parents" who should be held accountable.
Why don't they just come out and say it, that some of these kids come from such a messed up home life and they just don't care, along with their baby's mama or man "figure". Quit pampering and making excuses for them.
lifeisshort

United States

#3 Dec 3, 2012
OK, I've got my own plan. It's rather simple, foolproof, keeps the student in school, almost guaranties their graduation and won't cost taxpayers anything, only the "parents" of the failing or drop-out student.
My plan: If the student fails or drops out, the student AND his or her parents get deported back to their homeland with all expenses paid by the family.
This keeps the student really interested in their schoolwork AND keeps the parents involved and concerned in their childs progress. Simple. Just think, we could have a Country full of scholars!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bridgeport man gets extra year in jail for poli... 53 min BPT 2
News New textbooks approved in Bridgeport 16 hr Gavone 4
News The People's United Bank at 850 Main Street in ... 16 hr Gavone 6
News Beardsley Zoo's fundraiser is a Tiger Trot for ... 18 hr BPT 2
News Bridgeport police bust student parties, make ar... 18 hr Daniels Conscience 5
News Chief fires cop charged with overtime theft Tue America Gentleman... 5
News Red Cross needs blood donors Tue America Gentleman... 7

Trumbull Jobs

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages