Stfd. deputy police chief to retire

Stfd. deputy police chief to retire

There are 2442 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Stfd. deputy police chief to retire. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Deputy Police Chief Joseph LoSchiavo, the town's second-highest ranking police official and a 28-year department veteran of the department, surprised town officials and officers by announcing this week he will ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2514 Mar 19, 2013
Rat fink wrote:
You must be some sort of rat fink. Otherwise why would you care what benefits there are....? Cops are in a high stress job! So they need to take time off then and again.
Really? So should it be done in this 'backdoor' sneaky informal way? No, of course not, fool.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2515 Mar 19, 2013
another crook wrote:
He is hurrying his retirement because of the new change in state law.
Get caught with your hand in the cookie jar and lose your pension.
Lets hope he gets his due before taxpayers pay the price!
This forum is about Stfd. deputy police chief to retire.
Joyce

Stratford, CT

#2516 Mar 19, 2013
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
<quoted text>
This forum is about Stfd. deputy police chief to retire.
You telling someone to stay on topic, now that's funny!
followthemoney

Stratford, CT

#2517 Apr 22, 2013
VERY INTERESTING article I just read on ctpost.com ... The City of Bridgeport has finally decided that enough is enough....

They have ACTIVELY started a plan to stop overtime. All overtime has to be approved by the Chief of Police and/or the asst Chief of Police.

They have figured it out, there does not NEED to be excessive , wasteful overtime. Send people to training classes while they are working, not on overtime. Do what Bpt did about the sick time. After 5 sick days you get NO OVERTIME for 30 days!!!!! that will cut down overtime. THere are many ways to stop this abuse and Chief Riddenhour and Deputy Chief Mcniel have a chance to do wonderful things. They either do it or do nothing and things stay as they are and US, the citizens suffer.....

I have been in contact with a councilman who wholeheartedly agrees that something needs to be done, and hopefully our qualified chiefs can get something done....
yesssssirrrr

Stratford, CT

#2518 Apr 22, 2013
followthemoney wrote:
VERY INTERESTING article I just read on ctpost.com ... The City of Bridgeport has finally decided that enough is enough....
They have ACTIVELY started a plan to stop overtime. All overtime has to be approved by the Chief of Police and/or the asst Chief of Police.
They have figured it out, there does not NEED to be excessive , wasteful overtime. Send people to training classes while they are working, not on overtime. Do what Bpt did about the sick time. After 5 sick days you get NO OVERTIME for 30 days!!!!! that will cut down overtime. THere are many ways to stop this abuse and Chief Riddenhour and Deputy Chief Mcniel have a chance to do wonderful things. They either do it or do nothing and things stay as they are and US, the citizens suffer.....
I have been in contact with a councilman who wholeheartedly agrees that something needs to be done, and hopefully our qualified chiefs can get something done....
AMEN BROTHER
Right on

Bristol, CT

#2519 Apr 22, 2013
Hopefully someone listens to the people's voices!!!

If the mayor and his chiefs don't listen they should ALL be gone at the next term! A police chief can be let go for just cause and just cause could be determined by the people as leading us down a path of bankruptcy and not paying attention to what is actually going on..........

The mayor must demand what the people want! He does work for us doesn't he?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2520 Apr 22, 2013
S_Pearcy wrote:
Maybe you can pin the badge on Popick now before you leave.
Will do.
What up

Stratford, CT

#2521 May 12, 2013
What ever happened to Justin? Did he win his court case or is it still going on?
Bollicks

Bridgeport, CT

#2522 May 27, 2013
Summer is here
Doug

Bridgeport, CT

#2525 Sep 13, 2013
Friday the 13 be careful little man
NUTZY

Stratford, CT

#2526 Sep 15, 2013
90,000 tax free plus a projected 100,000 this coming year in new business adventure! Who won hotshot?
Linda

Bridgeport, CT

#2527 Sep 17, 2013
NUTZY wrote:
90,000 tax free plus a projected 100,000 this coming year in new business adventure! Who won hotshot?
. Plus another 50 k pension and the Florida mansion, wait til Justin's settlement
Bollicks

Bridgeport, CT

#2528 Sep 22, 2013
Happy fall little n
Joe Camel

Lakewood, NJ

#2529 Oct 9, 2013
HUMP DAYeeeeeeeeeee

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2530 Oct 9, 2013
This is just one more symptom of a mental disease: the idea that "someone else" is responsible for your individual safety.

The desire, and in some the NEED to be cared for, rather than be responsible, has led to the industrialization of "security", which never could provide what is routinely promised, and which empties public coffers to pay pensions... yes, to pay retired police, some of whom never left a desk, to sit at home.

And these organizations will DISARM YOU "for your own safety".

What a wonderful world, eh?

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2531 Oct 9, 2013
LynneB wrote:
This is just one more symptom of a mental disease: the idea that "someone else" is responsible for your individual safety.
The desire, and in some the NEED to be cared for, rather than be responsible, has led to the industrialization of "security", which never could provide what is routinely promised, and which empties public coffers to pay pensions... yes, to pay retired police, some of whom never left a desk, to sit at home.
And these organizations will DISARM YOU "for your own safety".
What a wonderful world, eh?
I tell you Lynn, this country has so completely lost it's way. I want off of this bus! I just want to go live the rest of my life in isolation. Because we are hopelessly outvoted and outmatched by bureaucrats.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#2532 Oct 9, 2013
It is good to hear from LynneB again. Welcome back, my friend.
Mave Dillane

Ilion, NY

#2533 Oct 16, 2013
I'm hearing that the guys trust this new DC less than the WHD.
Joe Appliance

Lakewood, NJ

#2534 Nov 6, 2013
4 more years tinyman
Little man

Stratford, CT

#2535 Nov 6, 2013
Ya ya ya.......... At least my son gets a two hour lunch every day now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get ready for our next heat wave Wed BPT 1
News Police: Staffer Finds Men Using Cocaine In Fair... Wed BPT 1
News Senator Marilyn Moore, D- Bridgeport, in Senate... Wed BPT 1
News Stamford police may hire consultant on complaints (Sep '09) Wed WorkAvoider 57
News Balloons adorn the front of Crescent Crossing, ... Wed WorkAvoider 3
News Comings, goings at Bridgeport's Steel Point Wed WorkAvoider 3
News Police dog rescues special-needs child Tue America Gentleman... 1

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages