Stfd. deputy police chief to retire

Dec 11, 2008 Read more: Connecticut Post 2,431
Deputy Police Chief Joseph LoSchiavo, the town's second-highest ranking police official and a 28-year department veteran of the department, surprised town officials and officers by announcing this week he will ... Read more
Dtmenace

Newtown, CT

#2473 Nov 28, 2012
How would you know that ?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2474 Dec 18, 2012
Goody Bassett wrote:
The Feds are onto him...He's going split and quick.
Good that he is gone. Is he in jail?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2475 Dec 18, 2012
Dtmenace wrote:
How would you know that ?
Because I am very smart and so is Tippy and her fish.
Truth

Stratford, CT

#2476 Dec 19, 2012
Tis thread is about a man who rose to be Deputy Chief of police in a decent size Police Department in Connecticut. There were two paths to take as he was sworn in and he chose the path of greed and power rather then the path of doing the right thing at any cost.

He thrived on the power ( which is an evil trait) and used it for personal gain ( family member benfits etc) and it ALL came back to cause him and his family harm. Which is a shame because there is alot of good within his family. The path he should have taken was the righteous path. Sounds corny right?

As you live your life you choose what to do and people talk about karma and I believe there is some of that floating around. Go and do the right thing. Police Officer's serve you community to the best of your ability and good things will come.
BOLLICKS

Stratford, CT

#2477 Jan 1, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Mr Appliance

Stratford, CT

#2478 Jan 30, 2013
In March of 2012, The Dwyer Group® launched the Public Protectors Franchise Advantage (PPFA) program to help law enforcement professionals and firefighters who have served their communities to open a franchise as a second career. We wanted to waive the initial franchise fee for a qualified public protector who demonstrated the leadership, drive, and community engagement that exemplified everything we look for in a franchise owner.

Nominations poured in from all around the country, and we found our hero in Joseph LoSchiavo.
LoSchiavo has over 33 years of public service experience, starting his public service career with the City of Bridgeport Police Department, where he was a Patrol Officer and the Assistant Director of the Police Youth Relation Program. From there, LoSchiavo became the Patrol Officer for the Town of Stratford, Conn., working his way up throughout the years to become the Deputy Chief of Police. Along with his many years of public service, LoSchiavo has also served as Chairman of the Mothers Against Drunk Driving National Board of Directors and is Co-Founder and President of the American Society for Scleroderma Research.

“To be selected by The Dwyer Group as someone who deserves the honor of the PPFA Award is a truly humbling experience,” said LoSchiavo, who had the initial franchise fee waived for his Mr. Appliance® franchise located in New Haven and Fairfield County, Conn.“Having the franchise fee waived is just the icing on the cake of being selected for this honor.”

LoSchiavo first heard about the company through the show “Undercover Boss” in January.“We instantly fell in love with the company culture after seeing them on television, and that was solidified after meeting with The Dwyer Group,” he said.“We really wanted to be able to start our own business so that we could have something for our family to grow and pass on to later generations– Mr. Appliance gives us that opportunity.”

The Dwyer Group salutes the courage of first responders around the country.
LoSchiavo saw a need for professional appliance repair in his local market, and will focus on delivering superior customer service to residential and commercial clients. LoSchiavo’s family, including two sons who have also served in the police force, plan to work in the franchise business, scheduled to open in March 2013. LoSchiavo’s wife, Linda, has worked in human resources for 27 years for the town of Stratford.

After careers serving in challenging and life-threatening situations, many firefighters and law enforcement officers have opted to retire early or choose to leave the service for personal lifestyle reasons. However, many choose to continue using their leadership expertise through a second career as franchise owners.

The PPFA program awards a 20 percent discount on the initial franchise fee for a base territory (100,000 population) for qualified future franchisees looking to open a franchise within The Dwyer Group’s family of brands: Aire Serv®, Glass Doctor®, Mr. Appliance, Mr. Electric®, Mr. Rooter®, Rainbow International®, and The Grounds Guys®.

“With so many incredible heroes in everyday life and their friends and families sharing all of their stories with us, it was hard to select just one winner,” said Dina Dwyer-Owens, CEO and Chairwoman of The Dwyer Group.“LoSchiavo truly exemplifies being a hero in all of his actions throughout his life, and we are so happy to award him this special recognition. We hope to continue to spread the benefits of our PPFA program to help even more of our everyday heroes realize the dream of owning their own business

http://www.leadingtheserviceindustry.com/blog...
No surprise

AOL

#2479 Jan 30, 2013
I am not surprised that Joe was chosen foe this honor.

Congratulations Joe. Good luck with your business.

You will do well.
No surprise

AOL

#2480 Jan 30, 2013
"for this honor"
Justin DeCaro

West Haven, CT

#2481 Jan 30, 2013
I hope he does better with appliances. I have been wait for five years to get my snow blower back that he was going to fix.
Carmen

Stratford, CT

#2482 Jan 31, 2013
Joe is a hero. Our society needs hero's and he is one of them! He is determined, he is focused, and he is loyal. GO JOE GO..........
Jack C

Stratford, CT

#2484 Jan 31, 2013
I'm looking into starting up a Mr Computer Franchise. If any wants in on the ground floor you can contact me on my pager.
Linda DeCaro

West Haven, CT

#2485 Jan 31, 2013
It is great to see a man who was so community minded retire and then start a new business and making it possible to work and spend time with the family. They are truly and honorable family. I only wish he stayed on and made Chief of Police. He was a true leader and inspiration to all.
bollicks

Stratford, CT

#2486 Feb 1, 2013
littleman RISES to a new low........
bollicks II

Stratford, CT

#2487 Feb 4, 2013
I gotta see this..... he gets along so well with people that mr appliance is a can't miss! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
fridgedaire

Stratford, CT

#2488 Feb 5, 2013
this business venture is a win win for everyone.....
jezebel is clown

Stratford, CT

#2489 Feb 8, 2013
there is man behind the curtain in lordship who goes by the name JEZEBEL. a very cowardly man who is a liberal like no other in america. the ONLY reason he voted and pushed for a republican mayor in stratford was because his honey had been let go from Town Hall. he took it out on Miron and still does but if you ever venture to his girly blog you will see rhetoric right out of o'bama's campaign headquarter's. This is all fine and good but he pretends to be middle of the road type of person. he is a coward plain and simple. his nonsense is old and boring. i have no idea who will run in the next mayoral election but i will wait until i see who he wants and vote the other way! maybe miron was right for getting rid of certain employees?
what

Stratford, CT

#2490 Feb 9, 2013
Jezebel stuck up for mcneil and soto ..... how could you bash him?
fireguy

Stratford, CT

#2491 Feb 9, 2013
While I think "jezebel" is a blowhard this thread is about former deputy chief of police joseph loschiavo and is "littleman" syndrome.
Mr Snowblower Repair

Stratford, CT

#2492 Feb 10, 2013
If a former employee gets injured at home, while operating a snowblower that used to belong to the town, with a former HR person watching as a witness - can he make a worker's comp claim?
I mean - if the snowblower was there to be repaired and he was just trying it out?
WHD

Stratford, CT

#2493 Feb 10, 2013
Please stop smearing my good name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 8 WTNH Anchor Keith Kountz Named Celebrity... 2 hr American Gentlema... 6
News Steel girders shore up Barnum Museum 2 hr American Gentlema... 4
Business Is Booming As Bridgeport Lobster Shop ... 2 hr American Gentlema... 18
Still Looking For A U G I E ! 3 hr Citizen44 9
Hello Lisa and Artsy (Feb '09) 10 hr Citizen44 86
News Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting I... 23 hr American Gentlema... 1
News Malloy announces Wentzell as education commissi... 23 hr American Gentlema... 1
More from around the web

Trumbull People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]