Senator Feinstein just doens't like boom sticks!

Posted in the Trumbull Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Jan 31, 2013
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Here we go again with the assault weapon parade and Feinstein is in her glory. When will they ever get it through their heads that banning guns, high capacity magazines and now they include guns that have pistol grips and grenade launchers??!! Really Dianne??!
First of all lets look at another aspect of why people kill. Oh wait.....that takes too much time. "The people want quick answers" according to some politicians, so lets attack guns again seeing that that's an easier and tangible target (no pun intended).
Let's take a step back first, Feinstein, and look at other methods people use to kill. How many times have we seen or heard of a drunk driver going over the line into oncoming traffic colliding with an innocent driver, most of the time the innocent driver dies along with his or her passengers. Families have even been eliminated due to drunk drivers. The family as a unit has also taken it's toll from drunk family mambers. Countless numbers of children have suffered and even died due to a drunken family member. Sure, guns kill but alcohol kills people at an alarming rate, moreso than guns.
So, here is my question to you Senator Feinstein. If alcohol kills more innocent lives then guns why aren't you hell-bent on doing something about alcohol?
I propose: 1)banning high capacity CASES of beer. From 24 cans down to maybe.....12.
2)Ban all beer cans that have the easy-open PULL tops. Instead, go back to the original tops that needed the pointed-type can opener. This would help deter opening a can of beer while you're driving because you're going to need both hands to open the can. It would also help to cut down on the amount of beer consumed on a person's trip.
3)Ban all 6-packs. Instead, only 2-packs would be legal to purchase and then only 2, 2-packs could be purchased. Anything more than 2, 2-packs the customer's background would have to be checked from a DUI database by the seller. This would help to cut down on the desire for another beer after the first or second. It's also harder to carry multiple 2-packs to the car.

I could go on, Feinstein, but I think you catch my drift!! Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? So do your weapon ban ideas!
Comments??
No you are

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

lifeisshort wrote:
Here we go again with the assault weapon parade and Feinstein is in her glory. When will they ever get it through their heads that banning guns, high capacity magazines and now they include guns that have pistol grips and grenade launchers??!! Really Dianne??!
First of all lets look at another aspect of why people kill. Oh wait.....that takes too much time. "The people want quick answers" according to some politicians, so lets attack guns again seeing that that's an easier and tangible target (no pun intended).
Let's take a step back first, Feinstein, and look at other methods people use to kill. How many times have we seen or heard of a drunk driver going over the line into oncoming traffic colliding with an innocent driver, most of the time the innocent driver dies along with his or her passengers. Families have even been eliminated due to drunk drivers. The family as a unit has also taken it's toll from drunk family mambers. Countless numbers of children have suffered and even died due to a drunken family member. Sure, guns kill but alcohol kills people at an alarming rate, moreso than guns.
So, here is my question to you Senator Feinstein. If alcohol kills more innocent lives then guns why aren't you hell-bent on doing something about alcohol?
I propose: 1)banning high capacity CASES of beer. From 24 cans down to maybe.....12.
2)Ban all beer cans that have the easy-open PULL tops. Instead, go back to the original tops that needed the pointed-type can opener. This would help deter opening a can of beer while you're driving because you're going to need both hands to open the can. It would also help to cut down on the amount of beer consumed on a person's trip.
3)Ban all 6-packs. Instead, only 2-packs would be legal to purchase and then only 2, 2-packs could be purchased. Anything more than 2, 2-packs the customer's background would have to be checked from a DUI database by the seller. This would help to cut down on the desire for another beer after the first or second. It's also harder to carry multiple 2-packs to the car.
I could go on, Feinstein, but I think you catch my drift!! Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? So do your weapon ban ideas!
Comments??
OK it's not beer, but Four Loko was banned because of the dangers it posed.
ARBUCKLE

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Connecticut Democrates have the answer..Don't wait for the results of the investigation..Their answer..Wait for it...INCREASE TAXES...Is anyone surprised??? Increase taxes (ammo) and throw the insurance industry (Campaign donations big time) a big bone by mandating insurance..Way to go democrates..Stand on the Body's of 20 children and play politics as usuall..DISGUSTING!!!!
LynneB

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

P.S. Will someone please pass me a broom??

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yes, Lynne.
Nulli Secundus

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

feinstein LOVES broomsticks! Or carrots, coke bottles, hot dogs, sausages, obie, blumenthal (albeit cut), reid (after a dozen viagra; maybe)...whatever fits her.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Does anyone realize that Blumenthal added a lot to that bill? Him and his boot-licker Murphy are co- sponsors. There has to be a lot of other rights getting removed since Blumy loves to make robbery legal, like eminent domain for his development buddies.
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

CTM wrote:
Does anyone realize that Blumenthal added a lot to that bill? Him and his boot-licker Murphy are co- sponsors. There has to be a lot of other rights getting removed since Blumy loves to make robbery legal, like eminent domain for his development buddies.
It's sad isn't it? Wherever there is a buck to be made the politicians always get involved and eminent domain is just another means for someone to make a buck and You, Joe Citizen, have no say in the matter.
Feinstein is a wack-job politician that deserves no respect for her self-awarding behavior and outbursts. She loves getting on the bandwagon.
BPT

North Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

does'nt she ride one?

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CTM wrote:
Does anyone realize that Blumenthal added a lot to that bill? Him and his boot-licker Murphy are co- sponsors. There has to be a lot of other rights getting removed since Blumy loves to make robbery legal, like eminent domain for his development buddies.
I am in total agreement with you on the eminent domain. What was done to those people in New London is beyond belief. Any public official who had a hand in that should be prosecuted. And to hell with the supreme court upholding kelo. It's obvious that our founders didn't want property stolen from owners to give to giant corporations.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

LynneB wrote:
P.S. Will someone please pass me a broom??
Rosa DeLauro looks like she might have one... I'd ask her.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 30, 2013
 
Yes, Citizen, ask her the next time you have sex with her.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 30, 2013
 
DeLauro looks like she could sh!t one.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Yes, Citizen, ask her the next time you have sex with her.
Ok, I will. Is Tippy pooping outside lately?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No, but she does spent a little time outside due to the cold. She been sleeping most of the day.
Deldoodoo

North Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 31, 2013
 
lifeisshort wrote:
Here we go again with the assault weapon parade and Feinstein is in her glory. When will they ever get it through their heads that banning guns, high capacity magazines and now they include guns that have pistol grips and grenade launchers??!! Really Dianne??!
First of all lets look at another aspect of why people kill. Oh wait.....that takes too much time. "The people want quick answers" according to some politicians, so lets attack guns again seeing that that's an easier and tangible target (no pun intended).
Let's take a step back first, Feinstein, and look at other methods people use to kill. How many times have we seen or heard of a drunk driver going over the line into oncoming traffic colliding with an innocent driver, most of the time the innocent driver dies along with his or her passengers. Families have even been eliminated due to drunk drivers. The family as a unit has also taken it's toll from drunk family mambers. Countless numbers of children have suffered and even died due to a drunken family member. Sure, guns kill but alcohol kills people at an alarming rate, moreso than guns.
So, here is my question to you Senator Feinstein. If alcohol kills more innocent lives then guns why aren't you hell-bent on doing something about alcohol?
I propose: 1)banning high capacity CASES of beer. From 24 cans down to maybe.....12.
2)Ban all beer cans that have the easy-open PULL tops. Instead, go back to the original tops that needed the pointed-type can opener. This would help deter opening a can of beer while you're driving because you're going to need both hands to open the can. It would also help to cut down on the amount of beer consumed on a person's trip.
3)Ban all 6-packs. Instead, only 2-packs would be legal to purchase and then only 2, 2-packs could be purchased. Anything more than 2, 2-packs the customer's background would have to be checked from a DUI database by the seller. This would help to cut down on the desire for another beer after the first or second. It's also harder to carry multiple 2-packs to the car.
I could go on, Feinstein, but I think you catch my drift!! Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? So do your weapon ban ideas!
Comments??
You're comparing guns to beer??? I didn't know they made beer for the sole purpose of hurting things....
BPT

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Deldoodoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're comparing guns to beer??? I didn't know they made beer for the sole purpose of hurting things....
del
good to see you post, watchin the game? how's the baby?
Deldoodoo

North Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Of course I'll be watching the game... Not sure who I'm gonna cheer for.. It's a tough decision for a Giants fan. But most likely SF, for some reason I hate Flacco.... Baby is great, mom and dad are tired and broke... LOL, but at least I'm keeping busy to realize how much.... Hope all is well on your end....
So, what do you think of this whole gun situation??? Guns will never be totally banned but do you think certain guns should be in the hands of the public????
BPT

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 31, 2013
 
Deldoodoo wrote:
Of course I'll be watching the game... Not sure who I'm gonna cheer for.. It's a tough decision for a Giants fan. But most likely SF, for some reason I hate Flacco.... Baby is great, mom and dad are tired and broke... LOL, but at least I'm keeping busy to realize how much.... Hope all is well on your end....
So, what do you think of this whole gun situation??? Guns will never be totally banned but do you think certain guns should be in the hands of the public????
yes it is difficult to figure out who to cheer for without a dog in the fight. i'm gonna take the three and a half points on this one, but i hate ray lewis and baltimore.
god bless and congrats to you and your wife for your new baby,. your life is certainly more complete now, maybe another one day?........;)
i too, am keeping busy, but the grind of life does wear one down.

guns? never cared much for them, when they came out of peoples pockets in the room i was in, i always left. nothing GOOD could happen..........i feel some "military" type weapons should not be available to the public.
but
our politicos will get NOTHING done. they are too busy trying to blame each others parties for problems, then actually working for us, the people, who put them there. BOTH parties have drank from the nra cup of donations and when there is an issue and you "follow the money" you'll find BOTH paties are only interested in their own special interest. the gun issue will go on forever.

good to hear from you brother and keep in touch.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Deldoodoo wrote:
Of course I'll be watching the game... Not sure who I'm gonna cheer for.. It's a tough decision for a Giants fan. But most likely SF, for some reason I hate Flacco.... Baby is great, mom and dad are tired and broke... LOL, but at least I'm keeping busy to realize how much.... Hope all is well on your end....
So, what do you think of this whole gun situation??? Guns will never be totally banned but do you think certain guns should be in the hands of the public????
Long time no hear,____Deldoodoo. Up until this administration, I thought guns would never go away. But the present band of imbeciles in the executive branch will stop at nothing. They do not respect the constitution. They have forced an unpopular health plan on us. They have and will further raise taxes into the sky. Libs have in fact already banned ALL guns in their hell-hole cities.(you know, where you need protection).

Getting some gun legislation that has an expandable mechanism for banning any gun is what they want for now. I do think they eventually will come after all guns. They do not respect your lifestyle or mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Trumbull News Video

•••
•••

Trumbull Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Trumbull People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Trumbull News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trumbull
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••