Trumbull still waiting on land transfer

Trumbull still waiting on land transfer

There are 8 comments on the Trumbull Times story from Oct 5, 2011, titled Trumbull still waiting on land transfer. In it, Trumbull Times reports that:

Construction trucks rumbling down Quarry Road have become a near constant sight in the last few weeks as work crews clear space for the planned Fairchild Wheeler Multi-Magnet School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Trumbull Times.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 5, 2011
It will be great to have another school in Trumbull. It is bedtime for Tippy and her fish and myself, and to all, a good night.
Herbst is an idiot

Bridgeport, CT

#2 Oct 5, 2011
Town Councilman Mary Beth Thornton, Herbst's challenger in November, disagreed with his assessment of the situation, calling his handling of the deal "one of the worst mistakes in Trumbull's history."

"He botched this negotiation up as much as it was possible to botch up," Thornton said.

Herbst's excessive demands for road paving and emergency police radio upgrades cost the town 40 acres of land, more than $1 million in compensation the city had agreed to pay Trumbull, and 100 spots in the science-based school for Trumbull students, Thornton said.

"Mr. Herbst lost all this for the town and in return gained the right to negotiate in good faith for a lease on 20 acres of deed-restricted land of dubious value," she said. "This is a clear illustration of incompetence."
Vote Him Out

Gales Ferry, CT

#3 Oct 6, 2011
Fellow Trumbullites...have you had enough of this kid or what? He is grossly inept and doesn't have a clue about governing. Next month is the election, vote him out or God only knows where Trumbull residents will end up with him as First Selectman.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 6, 2011
i think herbst would be outclassed by a bowl of potato salad in ANY situation.

on the other side: it's another typical FfIuNcCkH (read between the letters. AND, btw, it's the ONLY time you'll see me capitalize finchy's name).

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 6, 2011
Welcome back, Sol. I agree with you about Finch. Good night.
Vote Him Out

Gales Ferry, CT

#6 Oct 6, 2011
I'm not sure how Finch ties into this equation, after all, we are talking about Little Timmy from Trumbull who is in way over his head. Finch is a rocket scientist compared to this twit. No matter, as long as we vote him out next month.
Ebtahi

United States

#7 Oct 9, 2011
He is an arrogant ass who got his position cuz of daddy plain and simple he's an asshole and all of u who voted for him are the same he has don nada ... In school he had no friends and was a loaner nobody touched him because of his he man father THE WORST SELECTMAN in trims history - I was 2 grades of him in highschool and I always knew he will amount to nothing if daddy wasn't there
Ebtahi

United States

#8 Oct 9, 2011
If they vote him back in there will b a riot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bridgeport police raid illegal nightclub 13 hr Samuels Furnace Man 2
News Having prostate cancer test an individual choice (Apr '09) Jul 21 Dave S 44
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jan '16) Jul 18 kem 45
News Young Children Still Suspended In High Numbers ... Jul 18 Samuels Furnace Man 3
News Santa Cruz County salary database for 2008 (Aug '09) Jul 17 Bruiser 3
News Housing head leaves amidst fight with Ganim Jul 17 America Gentleman... 2
News Ganim, unions in concessions stare-down Jun 26 America Gentleman... 1

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages