12 strange weather features of Supers...

12 strange weather features of Superstorm Sandy

There are 7 comments on the Sunherald.com story from Oct 27, 2013, titled 12 strange weather features of Superstorm Sandy. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

Here are 12 strange weather features of Sandy: 1. SIZE: With tropical-storm-force winds that extended for 1,000 miles, Sandy was the largest Atlantic system on record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 27, 2013
It was the worst I ever saw in my life time...I guess we were lucky...we only lost power for about 2 days.

BTW, I recommend those battery operated light bulbs, they helped a lot.

“PC/Technical SUPPORT”

Since: Oct 13

http://www.techyankee.com

#2 Oct 27, 2013
When I 1st detected that cyclone Sandy was returning in Gregorian calendar month of 2012, my thinking was terribly casual. I wasn't disquieted concerning the cyclone and that i barely had something ready every week before she hit New Jersey. we tend to lived a decent hour north from the beach thus at the start we tend to weren't involved. My sister, UN agency lived within the next city over from ME, could be a little bit of a worrywart, thus she was very prepared for the storm. She had everything from further gas cans to cases of drinking water. i believed she was going overboard, however within the finish, she had it right.

As the storm grew nearer to the Jersey Shore, my husband and that i began to panic from our estimation of Sandy's path.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Oct 28, 2013
The previous 2 posts read like some kind of computer-generated posts- kinda creepy.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 28, 2013
Run People run.
60s chic

Allentown, PA

#6 Oct 29, 2013
I sympathize with any woman or man named Sandy, lol! My poor neighbor has been harassed about her name ever since the storm. I keep telling her why they named it Sandy but she seemed to be taking it personally. Geez, it's only a name.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Doylestown, PA

#7 Oct 29, 2013
I was driving over the Delaware to New Jersey the morning Sandy hit. There was a black line in the sky spearating Pa. from New Jersey. I had never seen a cloud formation like that before and I knew New Jersey was in for some serious storm damage. In Pa we lost power for about 8 hours. Across the bridge they lost power for over two weeks shutting down our office.
Nulli Secundus

Woodbury, CT

#8 Nov 2, 2013
a thirteenth strange feature of that storm:

it finally made a lot of people realize that, when your house is located on the beach, a hurricane is fully capable of kicking the sh!t out of you and your property and that a LOT of other ratepayers are pissed-off at their increased premiums just because you stupidly choose to live in a flood zone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charges dismissed against doctor in mistaken pr... 1 hr Gavone 14
News Police: Suspect In Bridgeport Robbery Arrested ... 1 hr Gavone 7
News Democratic chair, candidate - lawyer up' in pri... 1 hr Gavone 3
News Bridgeport: Police Won't 'Track Down' Undocumen... 2 hr Gavone 3
News EPA overrules GE on Housatonic PCBs cleanup (Oct '16) 8 hr Dalsimer is a zio... 16
News Warrant Issued For Arrest Of Suspect In Shootin... 8 hr BPT 2
News Fuzzy' reform plan for Bridgeport cops Thu America Gentleman... 2

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages