Melting Away Four Decades With Sonny Fox

Melting Away Four Decades With Sonny Fox

There are 3 comments on the Westport Now story from Jul 1, 2008, titled Melting Away Four Decades With Sonny Fox. In it, Westport Now reports that:

Four decades melted away tonight as a nostalgic Westport Public Library audience warmly welcomed former children's television host Sonny Fox.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Westport Now.

LISA TAYLOR

AOL

#1 Jul 8, 2008
Besides Wonderama, does anyone remember Just for Fun? It was also hosted by Sonny Fox. There were two teams, a Blue and a Gold Team, who would vie for points throughout the show and the winning team would have the highest points at the end of show. My cousin and I were on the show. Our Brownie troop was one of many other Boy & Girl Scouts & we had a blast! Part of the points earned was from a Mr. Softie truck outside the studio. Depending upon the flavor ice cream selected by passersby won points for the teams. Vanila = Gold. Chocolate = Blue.
Dennis

Bronx, NY

#2 Feb 27, 2009
I also was on Just for Fun and Wonderama a few times. My school St Vincent Ferrer was 2 blocks from the WNEW studios on 67 St. They used to call the school if they were short on kids for that day.
steve West Palm Beach

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Aug 27, 2013
My grade school class(Maywood, NJ) was on Just for Fun. I was on the blue team. Lina H. and I competed with couple from the gold team...each of us had to chew our way to the center of a long piece of licorice. I arrived in record time but Linda, being a lady, took her sweet (no pun intended) time. We lost to the gold team couple and apparently, I sat in the stands with a long smile-free face for the rest of the show. S

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Still waiting on first inch of snow in most of ... 4 hr Samuels Furnace Man 3
Mitt Romney Purchases Kneepads & Meets With Pre... 4 hr Samuels Furnace Man 32
News Marijuana in Montville prison leads to arrests 6 hr America Gentleman... 1
News Flu rising, but not rampant yet 6 hr America Gentleman... 1
News The Palace Theater in downtown Bridgeport, as s... 6 hr America Gentleman... 2
News Landlords looking as Fortunoff stores prepare t... (Mar '09) 7 hr Vickie 17
supermans jla in bpt,ct 15 hr superman casoria 1

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages