Police make arrests at Gathering of the Vibes

Aug 1, 2010 Full story: Connecticut Post 34

Police were busy Friday and Saturday at the Gathering of Vibes music festival, arresting 10 people for various illegal acts, including possession of drugs and slapping a police horse in the rear end.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
worried

West Haven, CT

#1 Aug 1, 2010
worst vibes ever dont go next year harrassed by cops.
MRS A

Moore, SC

#2 Aug 1, 2010
Well if your not doing anything wrong they should not bother you.
The Sam Brothers

Cheshire, CT

#3 Aug 1, 2010
There are too many drug dealers and drug users. Great job by the police.
The Sam Brothers

Cheshire, CT

#4 Aug 1, 2010
Good Afternoon America. How are you? We are your favorite native sons, and Tippy is your favorite native cat. Go in Peace and Praise the LORD, Amen.
Brad Jonson

United States

#5 Aug 1, 2010
more like "Gathering of the Drug Dealers"...this is not a family friendly event...Bridgeport is a disgrace
Santa Claus

Old Saybrook, CT

#6 Aug 1, 2010
It is past my bedtime, and to all, a good Night. Good Night Tippy, Connecticut Sam and his brother, Sam from Connecticut.
Mary

United States

#7 Aug 2, 2010
worried wrote:
worst vibes ever dont go next year harrassed by cops.
blacks were selling all the fake dope hash and shrooms animals bummer
EMACK101

West Haven, CT

#8 Aug 2, 2010
The vibes is the vibes, it commemorates Jerry Garcia and the Dead. Its a four day festival, its not going to happen without the shrooms or the doses, or the Ecstasy. Since woodstock festivals don't happen without the dark side. But a festival is what you make it, and to all who have something bad to say about it, im sorry you weren't smart enough to realize what the gathering of the vibes are about. I have been for five years straight, and its an amazing time everytime. Every festival has a dark side, but at the end of the day if you are there for music, then you can easily make it about music. Stay home if you don't like hippie fests.
BPT

Middlebury, CT

#9 Aug 2, 2010
Brad Jonson wrote:
more like "Gathering of the Drug Dealers"...this is not a family friendly event...Bridgeport is a disgrace
can't blame the town, blame the idiots who attend.

and since when are rock/rap concerts "family friendly"? you don't bring your kids, if you can't find a baby sitter...STAY HOME.
BPT

Middlebury, CT

#10 Aug 2, 2010
you would have to be a horses ass yourself to slap the rear of a POLICE horse.....what did this guy think was going to happen to him?
hitting a police horse or dog is like striking an officer themselves.

like i said what a horses ass!!!!
Artsy

Wilton, CT

#12 Aug 2, 2010
And this is news?

It was expected as it is EVERY year they host it.
No you are

New Haven, CT

#13 Aug 2, 2010
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>can't blame the town, blame the idiots who attend.
and since when are rock/rap concerts "family friendly"? you don't bring your kids, if you can't find a baby sitter...STAY HOME.
I had a blast last year, but I would NEVER bring a child. Lots of drugs/nudity. Almost just as fyi, I watched cops wifes smoking pot there.
The Sam Brothers

United States

#15 Aug 2, 2010
Glad that it is over.
BPT

Middlebury, CT

#16 Aug 2, 2010
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a blast last year, but I would NEVER bring a child. Lots of drugs/nudity. Almost just as fyi, I watched cops wifes smoking pot there.
so you did not go this year?
remember when you were young ( pink floyd song?) and went to concerts, you NEVER saw little kids there.....from the photos, parents actually brought kids!!!!....what were they thinking!

cops and their wives are people too, so them havin a smoke does not suprise of faze me in the least bit.

hope all has been well for you this summer.
Brad Jonson

United States

#19 Aug 2, 2010
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>can't blame the town, blame the idiots who attend.
GFY Bro...Ct Post said this event was suitable for families
FATIMA

Howell, NJ

#20 Aug 3, 2010
its great that its here in bpt. if you dont do any wrong u never have to worry.cant wait till next year.
Sandra

Bridgewater, NJ

#21 Aug 6, 2010
most of the people that go to the vibes aren't even from bridgeport so for the person who said "Bridgeport is a disgrace" get a clue!!!!
Who Dunnit

Berlin, CT

#22 Aug 6, 2010
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>blacks were selling all the fake dope hash and shrooms animals bummer
Somebody should have called the Better Business Bureau. Anybody who is stupid enough to buy anything from a total stranger gets what they pay for. No refunds.
Who Dunnit

Berlin, CT

#23 Aug 6, 2010
BPT wrote:
you would have to be a horses ass yourself to slap the rear of a POLICE horse.....what did this guy think was going to happen to him?
hitting a police horse or dog is like striking an officer themselves.
like i said what a horses ass!!!!
Agreed...this horses ass is in deep horseshit. He must have one mushroom too many.
Lamont

United States

#24 Aug 6, 2010
Report Abuse on #22, #23, ban the writer for the rest of the year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
merry christmas (Dec '08) 7 hr BPT 15
Hello Lisa and Artsy (Feb '09) 7 hr BPT 55
Two shot near Bridgeport day care 8 hr Citizen44 3
Stfd. deputy police chief to retire (Dec '08) Tue Test 2,430
Hello Christmas time (Dec '11) Tue American Gentlema... 59
Bridgeport Ranks 2nd To Last Among Nation's Col... Tue Citizen44 5
Jaguar, Land Rover dealer proposed for Fairfiel... Dec 22 American Gentlema... 4

Trumbull News Video

Trumbull Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Trumbull People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Trumbull News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trumbull

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:10 pm PST