Finch says building was never part of...

Finch says building was never part of land swap deal

There are 8 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jul 11, 2011, titled Finch says building was never part of land swap deal. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Trumbull will not withdraw its lawsuit against Bridgeport, despite the promise of the letter it requested.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#1 Jul 11, 2011
Bill
Sell the building to Trumbull. Go in Peace, Amen.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Jul 11, 2011
Finch also said he didn't know who knocked down the carousel at Pleasure Beach.
Bridgeporter

Farmington, CT

#3 Jul 11, 2011
Citizen44 wrote:
Finch also said he didn't know who knocked down the carousel at Pleasure Beach.
Maybe he doesn't and that wouldn't be surprising, since it was knocked down years before he became mayor.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#4 Jul 11, 2011
Bridgeporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he doesn't and that wouldn't be surprising, since it was knocked down years before he became mayor.
One of the 2 was knocked down last fall. It was widely reported and was discussed on Topix too.
Bridgeporter

Farmington, CT

#5 Jul 11, 2011
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the 2 was knocked down last fall. It was widely reported and was discussed on Topix too.
There was only one carousel. In the mid-90's the horses, etc. were removed & displayed at a new carousel house in Beardsley Park. all that remained was a structurally unsound building that formally housed the carousel at Pleasure Beach. The other rickety building housed the bumper cars. No one really knows who knocked it down, but given the shape it was in, a heavy storm or last years tornado could have taken it to the ground. As far as discussion on Topix, I wasn't posting that far back to have read it. How did we get on the subject of the carousel anyway, we're beginning to sound like someone else who posts on here, we're way off topic.

Location hidden

#6 Jul 11, 2011
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Bill
Sell the building to Trumbull. Go in Peace, Amen.
It is bedtime for Tippy and her fish and myself, and to all, a good night.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#7 Jul 12, 2011
Bridgeporter wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only one carousel. In the mid-90's the horses, etc. were removed & displayed at a new carousel house in Beardsley Park. all that remained was a structurally unsound building that formally housed the carousel at Pleasure Beach. The other rickety building housed the bumper cars. No one really knows who knocked it down, but given the shape it was in, a heavy storm or last years tornado could have taken it to the ground. As far as discussion on Topix, I wasn't posting that far back to have read it. How did we get on the subject of the carousel anyway, we're beginning to sound like someone else who posts on here, we're way off topic.
There were 2 carousels and a playhouse. The building in question was demolished last fall by bulldozer, Finch was asked about it and initially claimed he knew nothing. It was reported in the CT Post and discussed on Topix. I thought you were on here for a long time.... but maybe I only saw 'BPT' and not you. I've only been posting a lot for about 8 months. Before that I posted now and then but never enough to know of the soap opera that is bridgeport topix.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 17, 2011
Read #6. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Record number of ballots cast in Conn. for pres... 3 hr WasteWater 10
Mitt Romney Purchases Kneepads & Meets With Pre... 6 hr Phil 35
News Man arrested with 26.59 ounces of crystal meth ... 6 hr BPT 2
Ask Superman. Want my opinion? Ask away. I have... (Apr '08) 8 hr superman casoria 253
News City warns: 'If you illegally dump, we'll take ... Tue BPT 1
News Bridgeport man charged with assault for May alt... Tue BPT 1
superman casoria Tue superman casoria 22

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages