Harding High School graduation

Harding High School graduation

There are 13 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jun 20, 2013, titled Harding High School graduation. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Graduate Andres Batista gets a hug from his close friend Sabrina Martinez, after Warren Harding High School's 87th Annual Commencement ceremony which was held at Central High School's Kennedy Stadium in Bridgeport, Conn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

BPT

New Haven, CT

#1 Jun 20, 2013
gonna need a metal detector to get in?
Lifeisshort

United States

#2 Jun 20, 2013
BPT wrote:
It's sad and upsetting that a simple graduation has come down to this. I'm sure there will be metal detectors and lots of police.
Self respect, morality, family values and good character have all disappeared from most of these graduates. They'll go out into the world without these attributes and they'll learn a quick lesson that wasn't taught in school and probably not in the home.
Hope they wake up in time and make it.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 20, 2013
Harding High School: The end-stage of liberalism.
Calvin

Trumbull, CT

#4 Jun 20, 2013
Congratulations to the graduated..You are now qualified to enter the 4th grade of any suburban school or to begin an on the job career at any fast food joint.. Or you can continue the great democratic inner city tradition of welfare,food stamps,wic,obamaphones,etc..wh ile working at selling drugs,your neighbors goods or whatever for cash while you collect..remember to have id in both your mothers and fathers name with seperate social security numbers so that you can double up..

“'never'”

Location hidden

#5 Jun 20, 2013
I entered that school last year just before graduation, to pick up a cap and gown for my snotty teenage neice. The front steps had tall weeds growing out of the cracks in the cement and the inside of the school was so dingy and run-down it was shocking.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Jun 20, 2013
I am sure that she was happy to get out of that school for good.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#7 Jun 20, 2013
BPT wrote:
#1. Or you may not come out alive.
America Gentleman Samuel

Sherman, CT

#8 Jun 20, 2013
Congraduation. Like me who have a GED, go out in teh work force and earn a good living.
Lifeisshort

United States

#9 Jun 20, 2013
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Congraduation. Like me who have a GED, go out in teh work force and earn a good living.
Ummm.......! Never mind.
Lifeisshort

United States

#10 Jun 20, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
I entered that school last year just before graduation, to pick up a cap and gown for my snotty teenage neice. The front steps had tall weeds growing out of the cracks in the cement and the inside of the school was so dingy and run-down it was shocking.
....and now the city wants to build a bigger NEW school down the street at the old GE factory lot. I guess maintaining the current smaller building is too much to handle. Those weeds just keep growing faster than they can kill them I guess.
This should be interesting. Once again the city displays it's propensity for making really great FUBAR decisions.
Did the thought ever cross their minds that pretty much most of the run-down problems and dingy conditions may be caused by the students? Naw! That would be racist.
Time will tell. Bigger and newer school will only give them bigger problems and bigger weeds but same ol' students.
Lifeisshort

United States

#11 Jun 20, 2013
Calvin wrote:
Congratulations to the graduated..You are now qualified to enter the 4th grade of any suburban school or to begin an on the job career at any fast food joint.. Or you can continue the great democratic inner city tradition of welfare,food stamps,wic,obamaphones,etc..wh ile working at selling drugs,your neighbors goods or whatever for cash while you collect..remember to have id in both your mothers and fathers name with seperate social security numbers so that you can double up..
LOL! Sounds like a plan.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#12 Jun 21, 2013
Lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>....and now the city wants to build a bigger NEW school down the street at the old GE factory lot. I guess maintaining the current smaller building is too much to handle. Those weeds just keep growing faster than they can kill them I guess.
This should be interesting. Once again the city displays it's propensity for making really great FUBAR decisions.
Did the thought ever cross their minds that pretty much most of the run-down problems and dingy conditions may be caused by the students? Naw! That would be racist.
Time will tell. Bigger and newer school will only give them bigger problems and bigger weeds but same ol' students.
Yeah, I tend to agree, punish the misbehavers badly enough and they won't misbehave anymore. But I also feel sorry for most of 'those kids' because during their formative times, age 1 to 4 years old, they had human garbage for parents. Parents frame your world for you- and if you have the wrong parent the odds are stacked against you.
The real thing that is propelling the destruction of blacks and of every inner city is that young, single, insipient motherhood is now the new normal.
BPT

Waterbury, CT

#13 Jun 21, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I tend to agree, punish the misbehavers badly enough and they won't misbehave anymore. But I also feel sorry for most of 'those kids' because during their formative times, age 1 to 4 years old, they had human garbage for parents. Parents frame your world for you- and if you have the wrong parent the odds are stacked against you.
The real thing that is propelling the destruction of blacks and of every inner city is that young, single, insipient motherhood is now the new normal.
true and the lack of responsibility and manning up of the fathers. it seems like it's an endless cycle. what is ironic though is, that if these kids felt they have been wronged that they would not make the same mistakes when THEY got older
but
they seem to make the same errors. almost a lifestyle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A clash over the provider of diversity training... 3 hr Daniels Conscience 7
News Man pleads guilty to embezzling more than $213K... 3 hr Daniels Conscience 3
News Housatonic Community College celebrates 50th gr... 3 hr Daniels Conscience 6
News Bridgeport nursing home raided month after bank... 3 hr Daniels Conscience 9
News Bridgeport-based People's United strikes $10 mi... 11 hr America Gentleman... 1
News PD: Bridgeport man led police on brief pursuit 11 hr America Gentleman... 1
News 1 dead, 1 in ICU after Bridgeport shooting 22 hr Daniels Conscience 3

Trumbull Jobs

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages