Despite opposition, Newton getting $80,550 campaign grant

Jul 19, 2012 Full story: Connecticut Post 66

The chairman of the state body that releases public campaign financing grants to candidates wants legislators to consider whether the money should go to ex-lawmakers convicted of abusing their office.

Full Story
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#41 Nov 5, 2012
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>...If i really had a clue as to who is on this state commitee that gave this crook 80 grand, I would be looking for the inbred connection here. Race or political party has pretty much nothing to do with Ct. corruption, it's a team effort. DEP and Health cover up the dumping which includes McKinney from when he chaired the St. Environmental Commitee, road construction has it's fleet of contract fixers and Blumenthal and now his successor make it look legal. As in the approval of no-bid contracts and dismissing suits to correct the crimes. Have a few days for details on how, when and where? The U.S. and States Attornies don't care, even with details. FBI is stupid friends, actually inbreds with a lot of the lower end crooks. Notice certain names are not in their "drug sweeps?" Way to slow the competition down.
Sounds like you did your homework, CTM. It always me how much illegal stuff goes on behind everyone's back and it just goes on and on. These crooks rely on people just going about their business and turning a blind eye to the corruption as long as it doesn't affect their daily lives.
Power, money and greed. The 3 ingrediants of a recipe for a social downfall and economic disaster.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#42 Nov 5, 2012
#41 sounds like Bridgeport.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#43 Nov 5, 2012
lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you did your homework, CTM. It always me how much illegal stuff goes on behind everyone's back and it just goes on and on. These crooks rely on people just going about their business and turning a blind eye to the corruption as long as it doesn't affect their daily lives.
Power, money and greed. The 3 ingrediants of a recipe for a social downfall and economic disaster.
... Hey, the economic disaster happens here every day, politicians steal more. Bond issues are another credit card to them so they have been charging more money to steal more money, that would be the debt Ct. is in.The social downfall? People and businesses are leaving Ct. in droves. Look at all the happy people throwing eggs at the repairmen. I'd like to see Blumenthal walk down the street with no protection and address a group that actually knows the truth about him, not what his father-in-law has on the media.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#44 Nov 5, 2012
You are correct, CTM.

Since: Oct 11

Sandy Hook, CT

#45 Jan 5, 2013
I still wonder what the granters cut was of this.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#46 Jan 5, 2013
Very true, CTM1. God bless you.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#47 Jan 5, 2013
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Up Newton nose will most of that money will go. Shame on him.
Very true.

Since: Oct 11

Sandy Hook, CT

#48 Jan 5, 2013
Notice C44 hasn't been here, the truth in a newspaper will bust the little brown bubble he lives in. Newton fraudulently filled out the forms for this amount,$80,550.00, not $500.00.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#49 Jan 5, 2013
CTM1 wrote:
Notice C44 hasn't been here, the truth in a newspaper will bust the little brown bubble he lives in. Newton fraudulently filled out the forms for this amount,$80,550.00, not $500.00.
Here's a direct quote from the CT Post:

"According to the arrest warrant affidavit, Newton was $500 short of the $15,000 he needed to raise in private contributions to qualify for the public funds. To make up the difference, Newton is accused of having five campaign workers sign cards stating they had contributed to the campaign, when they actually had not done so."

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#50 Jan 5, 2013
CTM1 wrote:
I still wonder what the granters cut was of this.
Wow you can't go 10 seconds without imagining a conspiracy, can you? Do you think this is connected to Blumenthals father-in-law, because he 'owns the empire state building'?

They're coming to take you away! They're coming to take you away! They're coming to take you away!

Since: Oct 11

Sandy Hook, CT

#51 Jan 5, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a direct quote from the CT Post:
"According to the arrest warrant affidavit, Newton was $500 short of the $15,000 he needed to raise in private contributions to qualify for the public funds. To make up the difference, Newton is accused of having five campaign workers sign cards stating they had contributed to the campaign, when they actually had not done so."
.........You really are a crook, aren't you? Nothing but excuses for our crooked politicians and helping to push that Adam Lanza was mentally ill. Hey, BIAT CH!! He got $80,550.00 for that fraud!! I would say try to be honest, but that Newtown inbred color shows through.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#52 Jan 5, 2013
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>... Hey, the economic disaster happens here every day, politicians steal more. Bond issues are another credit card to them so they have been charging more money to steal more money, that would be the debt Ct. is in.The social downfall? People and businesses are leaving Ct. in droves. Look at all the happy people throwing eggs at the repairmen. I'd like to see Blumenthal walk down the street with no protection and address a group that actually knows the truth about him, not what his father-in-law has on the media.
'The Media' doesn't give two shits about Blumenthal's father. Pack your bags CTM, you going to the loonie bin! Too bad Adam Lanza won't be there to keep you company.

Since: Oct 11

Sandy Hook, CT

#53 Jan 5, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you can't go 10 seconds without imagining a conspiracy, can you? Do you think this is connected to Blumenthals father-in-law, because he 'owns the empire state building'?
They're coming to take you away! They're coming to take you away! They're coming to take you away!
...You're the nut throwing in Blumenthal on everything. There is a lot of truth in what I say or you wouldn't be trying so hard to discredit it.

Since: Oct 11

Sandy Hook, CT

#54 Jan 5, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a direct quote from the CT Post:
"According to the arrest warrant affidavit, Newton was $500 short of the $15,000 he needed to raise in private contributions to qualify for the public funds. To make up the difference, Newton is accused of having five campaign workers sign cards stating they had contributed to the campaign, when they actually had not done so."
... Hey, dip sh! t, that's the fraud he commited to get $80,550.00. The commitee gave a felon $80,550.00 of taxpayer money. It's not $500.00, it's the fraud to get $80,550.00. Do you have callouses on your lips from this guy?

Since: Oct 11

Sandy Hook, CT

#55 Jan 5, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
'The Media' doesn't give two shits about Blumenthal's father. Pack your bags CTM, you going to the loonie bin! Too bad Adam Lanza won't be there to keep you company.
...... Thanks, you really just proved you don't know how to read, and that you really are that stupid. Blumenthals father-in-law, Malkin, owns a really big chunk of the media. That's why they show up to give that puppet his photo-op every ten minutes.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#56 Jan 5, 2013
It is bedtime for tippy and her fish and myself, and to all, a good night.
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#57 Jan 6, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you can't go 10 seconds without imagining a conspiracy, can you? Do you think this is connected to Blumenthals father-in-law, because he 'owns the empire state building'?
They're coming to take you away! They're coming to take you away! They're coming to take you away!
LOL! They know who you are. They know where you are and they are coming! Pretty soon we will be living in a world like the movie: "Equilibrium", or what's that other movie with Tom Cruise where he can see the future crimes being commited and pre-arrest the culprits? Hey, it may be possible. No more crimes and we can throw out all those dumb gun control laws!!

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#58 Jan 6, 2013
CTM1 wrote:
<quoted text>...You're the nut throwing in Blumenthal on everything. There is a lot of truth in what I say or you wouldn't be trying so hard to discredit it.
YOU brought up Blumenthals father-in-law, I called you on it.

I'm not so much trying to discredit your fantasies as I am trying to point out you're not well grounded in reality. Which, you ought to know, doesn't then make your fantasies have a lot of truth in them.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#59 Jan 6, 2013
lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! They know who you are. They know where you are and they are coming! Pretty soon we will be living in a world like the movie: "Equilibrium", or what's that other movie with Tom Cruise where he can see the future crimes being commited and pre-arrest the culprits? Hey, it may be possible. No more crimes and we can throw out all those dumb gun control laws!!
LOL I've gone for years without realizing how cukoo this CTM guy is... but the Newtown incident has apparently pushed him over the edge. I never saw that movie but LOL LOL!!!

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#60 Jan 6, 2013
CTM1 wrote:
<quoted text>...... Thanks, you really just proved you don't know how to read, and that you really are that stupid. Blumenthals father-in-law, Malkin, owns a really big chunk of the media. That's why they show up to give that puppet his photo-op every ten minutes.
There are several other media moguls who own lots of stuff.... what about them? They would then have the scoop on the corruption stories, as well as the complicit silence of the 'Malkin controlled media'(LOL). But you don't see any such reporting, because this is all taking place IN YOUR HEAD!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bridgeport officials prepare for storm 3 hr Citizen44 14
WOW 12 to 24 inches of snow!!! 3 hr Citizen44 12
How to get back deleted photos on iPad air,iPad... (Jan '14) 6 hr Lora_14 9
Historic Remington Arms Factory receives $300,000 17 hr Pedro 6
Trumbull Man Charged With Assault With Vodka Bo... 17 hr Jimmy T 1
finch. .....winterstorm juno is coming Tue Connecticut Tippy 7
Bridgeport Mayor Thanks Sharpton for Climate Ch... Tue Citizen44 4

Trumbull News Video

Trumbull Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Trumbull People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:24 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:24AM
New Browns OC unfazed by QB uncertainty
Bleacher Report11:36 AM
Ex-QB: Equipment Staff Fixes Brady's Balls
Bleacher Report 7:29 PM
How the Jets Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report 8:01 PM
5 2nd Round Prospects Jets Should Target
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers