Crash closes Merritt Parkway in Trumbull

Crash closes Merritt Parkway in Trumbull

There are 326 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jul 27, 2009, titled Crash closes Merritt Parkway in Trumbull. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

A serious motor vehicle accident stopped traffic in both directions of the Merritt Parkway near Exit 49 early Monday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Oh My

Monroe, CT

#337 Aug 22, 2009
The Banned One wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he'd still be alive if he was wearing it, m oron.
Will all of you judgemental, cold hearted, hateful people just leave this family alone to grieve without unecessarily and cruelly adding to their pain?
just the facts

United States

#340 Aug 24, 2009
cristina wrote:
i know him personally he wasnt a bad driver.
The facts show something different. His driving skills did not exist. His suicide was tragic, but there is no room to dispute his driving. His record speaks for itself - and GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY speaks volumes.
cristina wrote:
derek was probably on his bumper so he hit the brakes<quoted text>
Maybe the
cristina wrote:
asshole{<quoted text>
saw debris in the roadway he and he slowed down so it wouldn't kick up and smash into the car behind his. In Connecticut, drivers are allowed to use their brakes - and if their vehicles are for some reason going over the posted speed limits, tehy are REQUIRED to do so.

Again, Derek's suicide was tragic, no doubt. I sincerely hope that someday some of your pain subsides. Hopefully then you'll be able to see this situation for what it really is - a history of reckless driving, a (very) false sense of invincibility, and a tragically bad choice. Hopefully, you'll learn from the choices Derek made.
Destini Bello

Trumbull, CT

#341 Jan 6, 2011
Disgusted wrote:
"First off, he killed himself, you think any of us care enough about him or his family to send them hatemail?? LOL get a grip! I personally don't think the post should have taken down the pictures, if you don't want to see them, then DON'T LOOK-- But don't censor my news b/c you have a weak stomach! "
Dear "LOVE IT" and to all you pieces of garbage that are writing about speeding, cell phones, tailgating, etc.:
People make mistakes. Nobody thinks that these bad things can actually happen to them. You are guilty. I am guilty. Your children, grandparents, parents, nephews, aunts, uncles.. your family is guilty. So how dare you point fingers and judge someone based on this? I am ashamed at all of you commenting like this on this site and here I am a young woman... probably more mature than you will ever be. I just hope that this never happens to you or your loved one. How would you like it if your child was laying there dead on the side of the road like "roadkill" (as someone mentioned in one of the posts)? Would you enjoy it if people pointed fingers and were talking about someone that you cared about like this? Just imagine this being your child - because I am SURE that your child is NOT a perfect angel. None of us here on earth are! Let God be the judge of us and not you! I am just shocked and ashamed at you people and I thank God everyday that I didn't turn out the way most of you sick individuals did - you are scum of the earth.
Okay im sorry but you have no right to be saying that a lot if family members went on the site to see the article about him and the accident and then have to see him laying deadly on the floor. And you know if that were your son or your cousin,brother, any person in relation that you had a close relationship with you would not like too see people writing hateful comments about he killed himself its all his fault and you also would not like to go on and see pictures of them on the ground dead , even if his face didn't show, would't it kill you to see a loved one just laying there deadly. Just think about it and then maybe you will regret posting that. And yes I am one of his family members, he's my big cousin, but we were so close i called him my brother. So again think about that cause you know you would not like it if people were righting that about your dead cousin.
Annonymous

Trumbull, CT

#342 Jan 6, 2011
Jasmine Parker wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the person who died?
Yes his name was Derek Smith , my cousin.
decency

Spring Valley, NY

#343 Jan 7, 2011
decency
Terence Goldmen

Columbus, OH

#344 Feb 13, 2014
I think you guys are over reacting a bit. What is wrong with the pics? It's not showing them in a negative light.
http://www.andrewbthieleandco.com.au

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report Names Bridgeport Among Worst Cities For ... 41 min Liberal Bedwetters 2
News Bridgeport City Council approves theater redeve... 12 hr BPT 1
News Poll: Bridgeport fairly fit; New Haven not so much 19 hr BPT 1
News Teen Chased Through Trumbull Mall And Assaulted... 19 hr BPT 3
News CT Residents Rally Against Violence at Virginia... 23 hr Brooklyn Bernie 11
News Were you SEEN at the Bridgeport Bluefish last h... Tue America Gentleman... 5
News Two charged in Stratford deli burglary Tue Gavone 3

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages