Hiring of African-Americans lags in D...

Hiring of African-Americans lags in Danbury police, fire depart...

There are 138 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Jul 24, 2009, titled Hiring of African-Americans lags in Danbury police, fire depart.... In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Ask George Johnson the date he was promoted to sergeant in the Danbury Police Department, and he'll answer the question almost before you can finish asking it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
george burnett

AOL

#147 Aug 4, 2009
Mayor McGowan wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when the large groups of drunk men hanging on the Main street in Brewster were predominately Caucasian. That's when we called it "The Town That Can't Hold Its Liquor".
Just Pissin' It Away.
xxx

Shelton, CT

#148 Aug 4, 2009
Hallefallujah wrote:
for crying out loud.
the sensered word was "blak peeple".
can we talk like adults here please?
Based on the garbage that comes out of your mouth the answer would be "no".

"Sensered", huh. Your comprehension of English is closer to that of a 5th grader than that of an adult.
Mike

Trumbull, CT

#149 Aug 4, 2009
There could be only two reasons for this.
1 Not that many Americans of darker skin color are applying.

2 The majority of those who do, don't pass the test.
Unbelievable

United States

#150 Aug 4, 2009
If people are too stupid to pass the test it shouldn't matter what color they are; they should be totally embarrassed by the fact that they couldn't pass the test! And not use the lame excuse of race or ethnicity in order to garner a job that, once they were hired, they (and the person(s) who hired them) would quickly find out they were too stupid to keep it.
Hallefallujah

Valley Stream, NY

#151 Aug 4, 2009
the fastest way blacks can get jobs in hablabury is to drive the illegals out of town. Local employers clearly prefer illegal alien labor over black labor. So sweeping out the illegals will really lift the black community!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#157 Apr 30, 2011
I notice that the Crazy Gay Imposter is back.
IDAHO

Kailua Kona, HI

#158 Apr 30, 2011
Someone imitating Sam? He must be really crazy.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#159 Apr 30, 2011
IDAHO wrote:
Someone imitating Sam? He must be really crazy.
Just like you and Ava.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#161 Apr 30, 2011
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>it seems in Bethel its somewhat true, so many white kids get involved in crime (by so many i mean they are more likely than black kids) due to where they often grow up like the trailer park etc, but also due to this 'trailer park culture' thing that is sort of subconciously pushed on us, the whole traiker park inbreeding and drugs and guns style thing that we see in media alot. perhaps alot of young white kids either feel this is what they should become or its all they can become. to be fair alot of this is the media but still alot of blame lies with the older white trash generations who perpetuate this stereotype.
of course this is some not all, the problem is a few people shouting loud make more noise than alot whispering, so the few bad examples get alot more coverage than the many decent people.
just my 2 cents for what its worth
true

Location hidden

#163 Apr 30, 2011
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>A number of observers of Inbreeds have commented that their behavior is “child-like”– that they are similar to children.
The inability to defer gratification leads to renting instead of saving and buying, theft rather than working and waiting, and rape and inbreeding instead of courting and seduction.
The ability to plan ahead and defer gratification is critical to creating and maintaining a civilization, where the rights of others must be respected even if it means not getting something immediately.
you have proved this point

Location hidden

#165 May 1, 2011
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a father who is also your brother can lower the age of puberty by 3 months, perhaps due to the inbreeding whites, but the onset of puberty in the trailer park is not affected by the presence or absence of a father, possibly because the presence of fathers who is also your brother is common with the white trash.
ok
Not Qualified

Farmington, CT

#167 May 2, 2011
They aren't hired because maybe they just can't qualify, quick somebody hurry up and call Al Sharpten.

Location hidden

#168 May 2, 2011
Not Qualified wrote:
i DON'T KNOW WHY THEY HIRE WHITE AS MOST ARE BORDERLINE RETARDED DUE TO THE INBREEDING.
good point
Last American Cowboy

Palm Bay, FL

#169 May 2, 2011
Robby Robb wrote:
<quoted text>good point
The only point is on top of your head. I am convinced thet you are a decendent of " Zippy the Pinhead." If you don't know who that is . "Google it."

Location hidden

#171 May 2, 2011
Porteau the Dasher wrote:
<quoted text>WHITES STINK
true
Nulli Secundus

Woodbury, CT

#178 Apr 5, 2014
Hiring of African-American lags…
I've heard and used many, many derogatory racial and ethnic and religious terms in my times, but... what's a "lag"?
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

#179 Apr 7, 2014
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>Is Al still blogging about these type of stories?
Is the bozo blogger still hanging out at TK's. I want to go for some wings and beer, but I fear I'll run into the leech.
lifeisshort

United States

#181 Apr 8, 2014
First of all they're Americans, not African-Americans. They're African DESCENDANTS unless they were actually born in Africa. Why can't people get that straight? If my nationality is German and I was born in the U.S.A. I'm an American - not German-American. Whatever the case, if the blacks can't pass the tests it's pretty simple...they don't get the job! You don't go screaming to people you didn't get hired due to your skin color. God that's so OLD!
Stay in school, open a book, study as hard as you can and maybe you'll pass the tests. That's what life is about when you want to get somewhere. So many blacks think the world owes them a living. For what? They haven't done anything!! Selling drugs and making babies wid yo baby's mama doesn't count.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Activist claims city ignores contaminated dirt 9 hr Samuels Furnace Man 3
superman casoria Sat superman casoria 2
News Reputed Bridgeport gang member cleared in May 2... Fri BPT 1
News Funeral service being held for Bridgeport man Fri BPT 1
News Ganim reacts to mass shooting Aug 24 America Gentleman... 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jan '16) Aug 24 MaggieHelck 50
News Cops: Woman saved from heroin OD (Mar '09) Aug 23 ffctguitar 180

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance