Challengers lining up to unseat Chris...

Challengers lining up to unseat Christina Ayala

There are 15 comments on the Connecticut Post story from May 4, 2014, titled Challengers lining up to unseat Christina Ayala. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

State Rep. Christina Ayala attends opening day of the State Legislature at the Capitol Building in Hartford, Conn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

BPT

Bridgeport, CT

#1 May 4, 2014
if she wins her seat again, then the voters in bridgeport will get the government they deserve. corrupt, unstable,and unqualified for the job.
she has done nothing in her term except embarrass herself and her family.
CTM

New Milford, CT

#2 May 4, 2014
Do the democrats really have enough juice to keep such a crook and a waste on their team in view of the public?

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3 May 4, 2014
Well, CTM, just a look at how long all the others have been sitting should tell you that yeah, they do.
BPT

Bridgeport, CT

#4 May 4, 2014
LynneB wrote:
Well, CTM, just a look at how long all the others have been sitting should tell you that yeah, they do.
as an independent voter , i've never understood the blind to loyalty to one party.. my vote is based upon qualifications, solutions to the current problems and will those solutions work.
neither party cares about us so why care blindly about them,

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5 May 4, 2014
They can nail Ayala's mother on the fraudulent residence thing- that's for certain. But they will drag this out until no one cares and it's forgotten, and then there will be a quiet announcement that they 'lack sufficient evidence to prosecute' or something. This is what always seems to happen with police misconduct.

Bpt, don't you wish more independents would run? I do.
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#6 May 4, 2014
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>as an independent voter , i've never understood the blind to loyalty to one party.. my vote is based upon qualifications, solutions to the current problems and will those solutions work.
I agree 100%. My Dad and Mom are die hard republicans. They would vote that way no matter what was told about the candidates. I have voted for who I thought could do the best job regardless of the party,.lately neither party seems any good. I will be curious to see who runs for President in the next election One thing Dad says is don't discuss politics or religion so when he asks who am I voting for I remind him not to discuss politics..The last two Presidents have left me wanting not to vote, however I do.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#7 May 4, 2014
Remember her mother have to run for re-election, which she will win and Christina will run again, and only a very strong Republican can beat her. Another story that there is still Corruption in Bridgeport.
BPT

Bridgeport, CT

#8 May 4, 2014
Citizen44 wrote:
They can nail Ayala's mother on the fraudulent residence thing- that's for certain. But they will drag this out until no one cares and it's forgotten, and then there will be a quiet announcement that they 'lack sufficient evidence to prosecute' or something. This is what always seems to happen with police misconduct.
Bpt, don't you wish more independents would run? I do.
the time is ripe for a third party ti rise
but
against these two entrenched machines, it does not stand a chance..........when we were kids we were taught anyone can be president. how naive that thinking was.
whoever rises to be president, from either party, has sold part of their soul for the office.
i like to believe most people have morals, so an honest person has no chance.,,,,,,,,, that;s why we are always stuck voting for the lesser of two evils lately.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9 May 4, 2014
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>the time is ripe for a third party ti rise
but
against these two entrenched machines, it does not stand a chance..........when we were kids we were taught anyone can be president. how naive that thinking was.
whoever rises to be president, from either party, has sold part of their soul for the office.
i like to believe most people have morals, so an honest person has no chance.,,,,,,,,, that;s why we are always stuck voting for the lesser of two evils lately.
That could change in a heartbeat, if for example, enough people got on the same kick thru social media. If it ever becomes the 'in thing' to be informed about this stuff, democrats will become extinct and republicans soon after. Social phenomenons do happen- like the hippie 'awakening' in the mid 60's.
BPT

Bridgeport, CT

#10 May 4, 2014
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
That could change in a heartbeat, if for example, enough people got on the same kick thru social media. If it ever becomes the 'in thing' to be informed about this stuff, democrats will become extinct and republicans soon after. Social phenomenons do happen- like the hippie 'awakening' in the mid 60's.
i'm old enough to remember the hippie uprising, the hippie is long gone and almost forgotten..........no my old friend we are STUCK with these two parties, sadly.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#11 May 4, 2014
It's sure she's running again? Will she have a fixed place-of-residence this time?

Or will she again be caught skittering-around from house to house like a roach caught in the spotlight?
CTM

New Milford, CT

#12 May 5, 2014
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>as an independent voter , i've never understood the blind to loyalty to one party.. my vote is based upon qualifications, solutions to the current problems and will those solutions work.
..........Most of this is a system of corruption that all the people in on it come together under a political banner. When you complain and then get sent to 30 other agencies, it's all the same people in the same game. It's in the state as well. That's how the graft and bribes work in the road industry, it's built into the contracts and those in the game approve their little section and surprise!! The crooked contract goes through fully approved. Like the State Health Lab potable water test standards, if it's not detected, it's not there. Never mind the detect levels are 3 times the action level. Took a series of people to push that through or thye state would have to dig up thousands of illegal dumps people are drinking out of. The corruption is in everything.
BPT

Bridgeport, CT

#13 May 5, 2014
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>..........Most of this is a system of corruption that all the people in on it come together under a political banner. When you complain and then get sent to 30 other agencies, it's all the same people in the same game. It's in the state as well. That's how the graft and bribes work in the road industry, it's built into the contracts and those in the game approve their little section and surprise!! The crooked contract goes through fully approved. Like the State Health Lab potable water test standards, if it's not detected, it's not there. Never mind the detect levels are 3 times the action level. Took a series of people to push that through or thye state would have to dig up thousands of illegal dumps people are drinking out of. The corruption is in everything.
i agree.
its generational. grandpa was in the "game" so his son/daughter is in , then their kids, cousins. it will never end. the politicos want to tell you what is best, while they have their hand in everyone's pocket.
you can find corruption by following the money. but since they are in it together, and the liberal press and their agenda..........for them it's business as usual
and
for us the daily struggle continues..........
CTM

New Milford, CT

#14 May 8, 2014
It's to the point the higher up crooks have appointed the people who hire for the agencies. Just try to get anyone from DEP to clean up a gas spill of 1-2 gallons for less than 5 grand!

Since: Jun 14

Stratford, CT

#15 Sep 23, 2014
Of course I agree with my brother, #7. ; God bless our family and pets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barnum Festival going out with a bang 47 min LillianJacks 9
News Bridgeport ranked 2nd richest U.S. city (Nov '15) 1 hr Samuels Furnace Man 4
News Ganim, unions in concessions stare-down 16 hr America Gentleman... 1
News New bridges now open on SB Route 8/25 Sat America Gentleman... 1
News Pleasure Beach in Bridgeport Sat America Gentleman... 1
News Photos: Workers put last pieces on new Route 8/... Jun 20 Samuels Furnace Man 3
News Naked teens charged with having sex on McLevy H... (Aug '09) Jun 16 ffctguitar 173
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages