Angry parents berate Finch over shooting range

Oct 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Connecticut Post

Mayor Bill Finch listens as Juan Torrealba, president of the Cesar Batalla Elementary School Parent Advisory Council addresses the crowd at a meeting with parents at the school in Bridgeport, Conn.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
For Guns Ranges

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Shooting Range is great. See you there.
JOOSE

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

So have the Parents guard the School in between selling dope and collecting welfare and unemployment in two or more states.under two or more different names....The range would have been for cops only..Can't have them that close to the supply base...
Nulli Secundus

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

they want the cops to use their guns to protect their little b@st@rds but they don't want to give the cops a place to practice?

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

This whole business of not having certain things near a school is just getting a little excessive now.....

This message was created for a safe community.... for the CHILDREN.
Shoot to kill

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Maybe the kids can learn how to shoot each other.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Shoot to kill wrote:
Maybe the kids can learn how to shoot each other.
Isn't the reason the cops need to practice that too may of those damned kids already HAVE been shooting each other?

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

An emotional Alma Maya, Bridgeport town clerk and a friend of the late Cesar Batalla, the local Puerto Rican activist for whom the school is named, said he would have never agreed with the idea of placing a shooting range so yeah, sure she was.close to any city school.
Yeah, sure she was. That bori is long dead and NOBODY knows what was on his mind.
Shoot to kill

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

#6 is correct.
CTM

New Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Is the range that they used to practice at being closed so the state can control everything?
BPT

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

my first reaction when I heard about this story was.......... will the kids be able to HEAR the practice shooting?
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

For crying out loud! It's an INDOOR range. Some people are just too sensitive and paranoid about everything. What's the REAL reason behind the protest? Is it the 'image' of what the buiiding is used for?
Get a life, people. Move on. There are worse condtions out there in your own neighborhood that you should be more concerned with.
Me? I'm going to the range. MY gun control is being able to hit where and what I'm aiming at and not fire recklessly. For that, you need to practice, and a range is the ideal place for that - indoors or outdoors.
Informed citizen

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

This is a less than ideal neighborhood. Constant police presence with the ability to respond quickly will protect the children and make the area safer. There will be heavy police traffic in the area as a result. If you want something constructive to come out of this, encourage a Police Athletic League and recruit the school kids before the gangs have a chance to.
America Gentleman Samuel

Wallingford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

What are they complaining about. There is shootings on the streets everyday there and they don't complain.
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

It's unfortunate that some people waste so much time complaining about things that are so insignificant. They belong to that group of people who sit by their window, all day, watching their neighbors so they have something to gossip about! What a wasted life.
sunny day

Naugatuck, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Yes , black male's behavior does make their chances of going to prison higher.
If you want to continue to think black people can't do anything without white liberals .

May be that guy was a crazy asscracker?
Descendants of slaves are lucky.I don't think too many would want to live in Africa.
LynneB

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Knee jerk reactions. They don't want guns anywhere near their kids, until there is some madman on the lose with one, and then they scream for police protection.

Way to go.
Cloudy nights

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

sunny day wrote:
Yes , black male's behavior does make their chances of going to prison higher.
If you want to continue to think black people can't do anything without white liberals .
May be that guy was a crazy asscracker?
Descendants of slaves are lucky.I don't think too many would want to live in Africa.
I don't think so either, it's too hot and you have to work.
wouldnt it be ironic___

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

...if the batalla school was the first one in bridgeport to have a severe newtown-like 'gun problem' after the stupid parents think they've scored a victory?
i KNOW it'd be funny.
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

LynneB wrote:
Knee jerk reactions. They don't want guns anywhere near their kids, until there is some madman on the lose with one, and then they scream for police protection.
Way to go.
How true. Some people still do not understand that the police come AFTER they are called to a crime. They do NOT have a crystal ball to tell them when a crime is going to be committed.
It's the gun control crowd that need to rethink their beliefs. After Sandy Hook the NRA suggested that school officials be armed or that armed security guards be employed at every school. The gun control crowd laughed and many parents were outraged. Now, many schools are doing just that; familiarizing and arming their staff with firearms; employing retired police officers and former military personnel as armed guards at schools. Some schools finally saw the light and the honest, legitimate reasoning behind having armed security personnel to protect our children.
Some parents do not like the thought of having a firearm in a school because a school is a place of learning and supposedly a safe place; no place for a firearm because they're "noisy", "dirty" and they kill. But then, who will protect your children if another wacko decides to repeat Sandy Hook?
You must be proactive in protecting your loved ones. Stop being a 'sheeple' and face reality that there are many sick people out there and only a matter of time before other horrible crime is committed.
I know that if I had a child in school, I would feel so relived knowing that there is someone in their school either at the door, roaming the halls or even one of their teachers, who will stop some catastrophy from happening. THEN they can call the police.
LynneB

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Absolutely agree with you. It's also better to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Trumbull News Video

•••
Trumbull Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Trumbull Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••