Went to church, won't go back. Here's why...

Posted in the Trumann Forum

Notrite

Blytheville, AR

#1 Nov 25, 2012
I rarely go to any church but someone I know has been pushing me to attend their Pentecostal church service. I did NOT want to go but thought I'd play nice and attend just this once. What a mistake I had made. The sercice was rediculous. People pretending to get "the holy ghost" was almost scary. They would get down on the ground and flop around like a fish. They sounded like a terrorist hollering just before blowing themselves up. The "talking in tongues" crap was just too much for me and I had to leave the building. Not that I believed it was happening, but because I didn't want to be that close to someone that was crazy enough to act that way and believe in it. These people are derranged. They are like a cult. I didn't really think I was that religeous before I went but now after seeing how retarded and foolish these people looked I know that I am not religeous AT ALL. What a bunch of garbage.
U shouldnt

Blytheville, AR

#2 Nov 25, 2012
Sounds like you only went so you can have something to talk about when you should just keep your ugly thoughts to yourself..But noo I can put this on topix, bless god and why he puts up with people like you. and no I don't go to church or talk ugly about one.
Ron

Ash Flat, AR

#3 Nov 25, 2012
Somebody disagrees mess religion
ijs

United States

#4 Nov 26, 2012
y not try a church thats not penticostal?
Know

United States

#5 Nov 26, 2012
Trust in God
Jesus is Lord

Harrisburg, IL

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Don't speak about something you know nothing about Read the book of Acts in the new testament..An stay out of the house of the LORD ,if everything out of your mouth is bad. Don't matter if their Pentecostal or Baptist......You are wrong.....Dead wrong!!!!!!!!
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Nov 27, 2012
Jesus is Lord wrote:
Don't speak about something you know nothing about Read the book of Acts in the new testament..An stay out of the house of the LORD ,if everything out of your mouth is bad. Don't matter if their Pentecostal or Baptist......You are wrong.....Dead wrong!!!!!!!!
Why would you tell them to stay out if the house of The Lord?
truestory

Blytheville, AR

#10 Nov 28, 2012
Jesus is Lord wrote:
Don't speak about something you know nothing about Read the book of Acts in the new testament..An stay out of the house of the LORD ,if everything out of your mouth is bad. Don't matter if their Pentecostal or Baptist......You are wrong.....Dead wrong!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry to tell you but because of religeous extremist like you, I have decided that I AM going back to your so called "house of the lord." I am going to try and save as many people from that garbage as I can. I will be standing in the parking lot teaching out of a SCIENCE book. Anyone that will listen to me will see very quickly how the simple book will exlain away everything they have ever been told inside that rediculous church.
Friend of god

United States

#11 Nov 28, 2012
Believe what you want. The people in that church will be in heaven while you burn in hell
Nope

Blytheville, AR

#12 Nov 28, 2012
That is simply not true. When those people in the church are dead they will be in the same place as the other guy, in the ground. Just read the science book that was mentioned in one of the above posts. You will not find anything about a heaven or hell because they don't exist. The science book will be full of facts that will explain everything to you. Your bible is full of rediculous legends that were made up long ago when nobody had the ability to explain how things work. I find it very difficult that when faced with all the facts we have today that anybody can possibly still believe a word printed in any bible. Do you religeous people believe in magic too because that is basicly what your bible teaches... That there is a magic man in the clouds that magicaly controls everything in the universe. I think I'll stick with reality myself and leave the hocus-pocus shit to you suckers.
Friend of god

United States

#13 Nov 28, 2012
Nope wrote:
That is simply not true. When those people in the church are dead they will be in the same place as the other guy, in the ground. Just read the science book that was mentioned in one of the above posts. You will not find anything about a heaven or hell because they don't exist. The science book will be full of facts that will explain everything to you. Your bible is full of rediculous legends that were made up long ago when nobody had the ability to explain how things work. I find it very difficult that when faced with all the facts we have today that anybody can possibly still believe a word printed in any bible. Do you religeous people believe in magic too because that is basicly what your bible teaches... That there is a magic man in the clouds that magicaly controls everything in the universe. I think I'll stick with reality myself and leave the hocus-pocus shit to you suckers.
im sorry you feel that way. I will pray to god for you
Nope

Blytheville, AR

#14 Nov 29, 2012
I don't "feel" any way at all. What you or I feel is not relevant to what is being discussed. "Feelings" have no merit when faced with facts. There is no room for negotiation or opinion when it comes to scientific facts. The existance of a god would require laws of physics to be broken which we all know is impossible. If you try to argue otherwise, you are just an idiot in denial. Don't waste your time praying for me because it would require several more laws of physics to be broken for anyone to hear you.
Friend of god

United States

#15 Nov 29, 2012
Nope wrote:
I don't "feel" any way at all. What you or I feel is not relevant to what is being discussed. "Feelings" have no merit when faced with facts. There is no room for negotiation or opinion when it comes to scientific facts. The existance of a god would require laws of physics to be broken which we all know is impossible. If you try to argue otherwise, you are just an idiot in denial. Don't waste your time praying for me because it would require several more laws of physics to be broken for anyone to hear you.

I think feelings are the point. If there is or isnt a god it makes people feel good to believe . Who are these people hurting if they believe? Its not hurting you if you dont go to church. Does science make you happy when your down and alone? I myself have faith in god. And if it turns out to be wrong, well it has hurt noone but me. God bless
Nope

Blytheville, AR

#16 Nov 29, 2012
Ok, I can live with that.
maggie may

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Nov 29, 2012
Nope wrote:
That is simply not true. When those people in the church are dead they will be in the same place as the other guy, in the ground. Just read the science book that was mentioned in one of the above posts. You will not find anything about a heaven or hell because they don't exist. The science book will be full of facts that will explain everything to you. Your bible is full of rediculous legends that were made up long ago when nobody had the ability to explain how things work. I find it very difficult that when faced with all the facts we have today that anybody can possibly still believe a word printed in any bible. Do you religeous people believe in magic too because that is basicly what your bible teaches... That there is a magic man in the clouds that magicaly controls everything in the universe. I think I'll stick with reality myself and leave the hocus-pocus shit to you suckers.
Who do you actually think wrote your so called science book?! I can't tell you the name of the author but I can tell you it was written by someone or several someone's who want to turn you against God and all He created. I understand that you have the right to believe what you want but that is only because God has given you that right. He created us all equal as His children but one thing He gave us is free will. He loves us as children but He wants us to love Him on our own. There is a Heaven and Hell and these places are as real as you are. We can choose to serve The Lord or we can just do our own thing and try to be satisfied that when we die we are just going in a box in the ground and it is over. I believe that when I close my eyes for the last time I will open them in a place called Heaven. Here's something you should think about for a second, what if I am right and you are wrong? What happens if I happen to be correct on this subject? If I'm wrong, but I'm not, but if I am then hey I go into a box at the end of it all just like everyone else! What if YOU are wrong, then you open your eyes in torment and fear and the name of this place is Hell and I'll bet you will remember this post and your talking about your "science book" ! I have COMPLETE peace that if I go to bed tonight and don't wake up or if Dec. 21 comes around and the rapture or some catastrophe strikes I am going to Heaven. It is a peace that dwells deep in my heart and soul and a peace you or your science authors refuse to understand because it is easier to explain it away. Whatever you take away from this post you should really think about what I have told you. I'm not trying to be mean or smart just want you to understand where I am coming from and how important this decision really is.
whattt

Blytheville, AR

#18 Nov 30, 2012
Did you really just refer to a science book as "so called?" That statement is almost as rediculous as the bible. Nothing you can say will "scare" me into believing a fairytale. That fairytale was created for one purpose and that is to keep people in line by threatening them with eternal agony if they fuck up. It seems to be doing a pretty good job just like it was designed to do because you are obviously scared shitless. Good luck on your bullshit crusade.
Atheist

Blytheville, AR

#19 Dec 2, 2012
Pentecostal people confuse me more than any other religious group. The tongues of flame and the gift of the holy spirit which, according to the bible, happened on the day of pentecost are the exact opposite of the Pentecostal people's "holy spirit" nonsense. According to the story, the disciples spoke and everyone heard their own language instead of the language of the speaker.

Why would the holy spirit give a gift of linguistic gibberish and confusion instead of one that everyone could understand? People having siezures or strokes and spouting gibberish is not a divine gift. Most former Penticostals admit they were faking to fit in, swept up in the orgy of emotional outbursts, so what's the deal? Is this a case of the blind leading the blind?

Being "filled with the holy spirit" should be something marvelous that serves some holy purpose and communicates a clear and powerful message, or perhaps a true miracle. This fish-flopping behavior and shouting nonsense words can't possibly be any divine power at work, except for perhaps the power of a god of insanity (i.e., Mania).

Could some Pentecostal please clue me in? It's the biggest WTF out there when it comes to religion.
ATHIEST TOO

Blytheville, AR

#20 Dec 2, 2012
Amen brother. Preach on! ahhhh FLIP FLOP yahyahahyahyahyah FLIP FLOP yadayadayadayadayad FLIP FLOP wohoo wohoo wohoo FLIP FLOP!!!
gene

Paragould, AR

#21 Dec 2, 2012
I can understand what the op is saying.i to went one time to a Pentecost church,people did fall down,and flop around.but what really seemed strange to me was when they acted like they were speaking in tongues.what a bunch of bull crap totally fake.i will admit that I thought some of the women were sorta cute,long pretty hair but these woman need to put some make up on.and go and watch tv..lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumann Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 10 min Roadrebel98 30,024
Trumann Football is a joke 1 hr Person 20
Deleted... Again 1 hr Everyone knows 3
drug deslers 4 hr guest 19
Worried 5 hr Boy needs help 15
duncan boy (Feb '13) 6 hr that1girl 20
who is steven dever Sun tra 12
Trumann Dating
Find my Match

Trumann Jobs

Trumann People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Trumann News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trumann

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]