Civil or Criminal / both

Posted in the Trumann Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chief of Police

Blytheville, AR

#1 Aug 6, 2008
For everyone of you that thinks it is funny to slander a persons name or to talk about someones child, well let me educate you on civil law and criminal law. Civil law simply means that you can be suied for violating someones rights. Criminal offenses/law simply means that you could be fined and/or jailed for violating Arkansas statutes.
If you are found to be harrassing someone then that would be considered a crimianl violation,
Slander is a civil violation, which could lead into a law suit and this could last several years and cost into the thousands for lawyers and court fees.
I mention this because of all the comments and slanderous remarks made on this web-site about people, including myself, family and co-workers are perfect examples of violating a persons rights. You can not slander a persos name without opening yourself up to a law suit. I am sending this post to inform any of you who feel that they must continue posting slanderous information. I will pursue legal actions and will begin the procedure to request all records under subpeona from Topix.net home office. Don't be misled and think that you can't be traced, because that is not true. IP addresses and other Identifiers are there for the taking if requested in the right format. If another post makes it to this site that is negative/slanderous comments then I will begin a personal investigation into the matter. You can't slander a persons child and think that it will go un-noticed. Special Note: Thank each and everyone of you that have supported me and the police department, this too does not go un-noticed, you are the reason we contiue our efforts for this city.
Chief of Police
Larry N. Blagg

“Having another baby...”

Since: Aug 08

Trumann

#2 Aug 6, 2008
Larry aint from caraway..HINT.
mr wildcat of 1972

AOL

#3 Aug 6, 2008
well well well some people may be scared of these tactic or the way you come across . your not fooling me. i am not scared of you or your storm troopers.. you say this is slander. i say and know its the truth. your not going to tell me that i didnt hear or see some of the things i said about. i was at a party where several things went bad for some. you call it slander i call it the cold hard truth. when you sign a code of ethics . well you know how to act as a officer cause your held at a higher standard than a regular citizen. so go ahead with your threats. but make sure your officer know when they think there in the clear, not to mess up cause someone always watching. have a wonderful day.

concern citizen of trumann
MR WILDCAT OF 1972
Chief of Police

Blytheville, AR

#4 Aug 6, 2008
I don't know why I was assigned Caraway, I didn't do that. For those of you who don't know me I am the Police Chief of Trumann. I am very serious about my original post. Mr. Hint I wasn't trying to hide behind a fictitious name or location. I am from Trumann and very proud of it. Which Caraway is a very nice town, too.
Chief Larry Blagg of Trumann,Arkansas
melinda

Lincoln, AL

#5 Aug 6, 2008
i agree with larry, it is wrong to slander people, where are the morals of people, does anyone care anymore about hurting people. i dont understand what this world is coming to. the thing is alot of the people on here that are doing this are old enough to know better. i just dont know but i do agree with larry, and i do think people should be made to be responsible for the things they put on here.
melinda

Lincoln, AL

#6 Aug 6, 2008
larry, it puts your from a different town everytime, i dont know why it does that either thats why alot of people on here posting slanderous things do it they think they are hiding
cat dog

AOL

#7 Aug 6, 2008
larry you must be on ritter it may put u from caraway 90 % of time. now on what i want to say. i told my wife i wasnt going to get into this b.s. but i cant say that anymore. i am a former employee of the trumann police dept. i left there to spend more time with my family. it makes me really sick to hear my fellow co workers slammed by the public. but yet when your home being robbed or jon q. gave you the finger you call the police. well thats there job. they take 30 or 40 calls a day if not more. maybe someone slipped up at a party. i dont know. it felt good to have a police party to get rid of the stress you face. your life is on the line every time you go to work. and yes to wildcat as you call yourself we know thats part of our job. i dont need your coward a&& telling me that. shut your mouth and stop slamming these folks. if you got a ticket pay it and get over it. stop slamming the p.d. cause your a jerk.. there has been bad comments on bay p.d. as well. stop slamming these men and weman who put there lives in jeopardy to save you . larry and david keep up the good job. bust the dopers . and wildcat go get a life you worthless loser . thanks for your time.
Randi

United States

#8 Aug 7, 2008
I agree with Larry, it is time everyone stops spreading all this hate. Wether or not it is true or false it is still painfull. Just remember when you post something about these officers, you are not just hurting them or making the department look bad, you are hurting their families. These men have wives and children who are being affeceted also by all this negativity. Why cant more people just take the high road and realize people make mistakes, its part of being a normal human being. Anyone can get on here and run their mouths and say hatefull things, but i choose to get on her and say that i am a proud wife to a Trumann police officer who is not perfect but i love him and all the other guys for going out everyday/night and trying to keep me and everyone else in this city safe.
Concerned Mother

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Aug 7, 2008
Larry,

Just wanted to say thank you. This web-site has been totally abused. There are some that are on here for legitimate reasons, others...however simply need to get a life. I learned of the site thru a friend who read some negative comments about my son, otherwise; I would have never blogged myself...and only done so as a defensive mother. Just wanted to say thanks for "nipping this in the bud". FYI: Keep up the good work - Trumann is a much better place because of you!- Rena Jones
A Teacher

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Aug 7, 2008
Since basically everyone on this thread seems to be a serious adult, I'll share some info with you that I got from a workshop the other day. Parents and teachers (or anyone) can go to the Ad Council website, create an account (free), and download psa's on internet safety and cyberbullying. You can report threatening, sexually related, or inappropriate messages or photographs to the cybertipline at www.cybertipline.com or 1-800-843-5678. Be careful of the photos you post. An innocent pic of your kid at the beach in a swim suit can end up on an erotic site out of Russia.
Just sharing.
inside out

Barnesville, OH

#12 Aug 7, 2008
well i have said it once and i will say it again..i know a couple of the guys at trumann pd and they are both great guys and they do their jobs well...all these guys get out on the streets day in and day out taking the thugs off the streets so the good people can sleep at night..again i would like to ask, how many of you would walk a mile in their shoes for 24 hrs..thats what i thought NONE...
wow

Osceola, AR

#13 Aug 7, 2008
Wow
Whatever

United States

#14 Aug 8, 2008
Slander Law & Legal Definiition

Slander is the oral communication of false statements that are harmful to a person's reputation. If the statements are proven to be true, it is a complete defense to a charge of slander. Oral opinions that don't contain statements of fact don't constitute slander. Slander is an act of communication that causes someone to be shamed, ridiculed, held in contempt, lowered in the estimation of the community, or to lose employment status or earnings or otherwise suffer a damaged reputation. Slander is a subcategory of defamation.

The basic elements of a claim of slander include;

a defamatory statement;
published to third parties; and
which the speaker or publisher knew or should have known was false.

Slander is primarily covered under state law, but is subject to First Amendment guarantees of free speech. The scope of constitutional protection extends to statements of opinion on matters of public concern that do not contain or imply a provable factual assertion. If the slander unjustly accused you of a crime or reflected on your profession, the court or jury can assess the damages. For other types of slander you generally must prove some actual damage to be able to recover.

Slander of title is a common law tort involving a disparaging remark regarding ownership of property. It affects the owner's ability to transfer the property, resulting in a monetary loss.

I would think that you have enough to do cleaning up your town, so why act like you are still in high school and you are upset cause people are talking about you behind your back.

Oh and just in case you forgot:

AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, it is my fundamental duty to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional Rights of all persons to liberty, equally, and justice.

I WILL keep my private life unsullied as an example to all, maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my Department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty

I WILL never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities, or friendship to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I RECOGNIZE the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of police service. I will constantly strive to achieve those objectives and ideals, dedicating myself to my chosen profession…LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Need to go back to the Academy for a refresher course?
curious

Ozark, AL

#15 Aug 8, 2008
Well boys and girls, i figure the the cops are all big boys and can take some slanderous statements. I figure the straw that broke the camels back was talking about someones kid. That crosses the line if you ask me. Speaking of code of ethics, how ethical is it to make crappy remarks about someone's kid? How would you like it if it was your kid?

Just a lil something to think about kids.
A Worried Mom

Blytheville, AR

#16 Aug 8, 2008
Chief Blagg you and your team keep up the great work. I have children and I dont want them in drugs or anything related to that. Thank you for cleaning up Trumann. Our kids are our future.
I feel that this site should be removed. It is horrible what some people have got to talk about. i learned of this site from a friend and just wanted to check it out. i wish now i didnt.
WAY TO GO CHIEF BLAGG AND TRUMANN POLICE DEPT.
RecklessDude

Little Rock, AR

#17 Aug 8, 2008
Whatever wrote:
Slander Law & Legal Definiition
Slander is the oral communication of false statements that are harmful to a person's reputation. If the statements are proven to be true, it is a complete defense to a charge of slander. Oral opinions that don't contain statements of fact don't constitute slander. Slander is an act of communication that causes someone to be shamed, ridiculed, held in contempt, lowered in the estimation of the community, or to lose employment status or earnings or otherwise suffer a damaged reputation. Slander is a subcategory of defamation.
The basic elements of a claim of slander include;
a defamatory statement;
published to third parties; and
which the speaker or publisher knew or should have known was false.
Slander is primarily covered under state law, but is subject to First Amendment guarantees of free speech. The scope of constitutional protection extends to statements of opinion on matters of public concern that do not contain or imply a provable factual assertion. If the slander unjustly accused you of a crime or reflected on your profession, the court or jury can assess the damages. For other types of slander you generally must prove some actual damage to be able to recover.
Slander of title is a common law tort involving a disparaging remark regarding ownership of property. It affects the owner's ability to transfer the property, resulting in a monetary loss.
I would think that you have enough to do cleaning up your town, so why act like you are still in high school and you are upset cause people are talking about you behind your back.
Oh and just in case you forgot:
AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, it is my fundamental duty to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional Rights of all persons to liberty, equally, and justice.
I WILL keep my private life unsullied as an example to all, maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my Department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty
I WILL never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities, or friendship to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.
I RECOGNIZE the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of police service. I will constantly strive to achieve those objectives and ideals, dedicating myself to my chosen profession…LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Need to go back to the Academy for a refresher course?
Clap, clap, clap! You hit it right on the head. What kind of police of chief effing cares about whats being posted on the gawddamn internet? Larry you need to do your job man, and stop dicking around on the internet, dumbass. Oh is it slander to call your royal highness a dumbass? No real cop would ever even have the effing time to scan a damn message board!!!! You are a damn joke.
woundering

Aubrey, TX

#18 Aug 9, 2008
Larry,
Is Luther still alive, I an a 3rd cousin I belive and was just woudering. I always just loved him as a child, I have been away from Trumann for 23 years. In an out to visit family, but gone, I asked my dad but he wasnt sure either.
Someone

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Aug 9, 2008
RecklessDude wrote:
<quoted text>
Clap, clap, clap! You hit it right on the head. What kind of police of chief effing cares about whats being posted on the gawddamn internet? Larry you need to do your job man, and stop dicking around on the internet, dumbass. Oh is it slander to call your royal highness a dumbass? No real cop would ever even have the effing time to scan a damn message board!!!! You are a damn joke.
Saying demeaning things about someone's child is cyberbullying and cannot be tolerated. A young girl recently committed suicide because she was being bullied online. It is serious, and I'm glad to see our Chief of Police is standing up to it. Yes, he also has bigger problems, but I'm proud to see that he does take time to deal with problems like these.
Fay

Blytheville, AR

#20 Aug 9, 2008
If someone was talking about my kids on the internet i would take it in my own hands too... its one thing talking about me, but when you bring my child's name in it then it would be a problem... so Larry, You did the right thing, i would have done the same thing, so keep your head up, and keep up the good work
RecklessDude

Little Rock, AR

#21 Aug 9, 2008
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying demeaning things about someone's child is cyberbullying and cannot be tolerated. A young girl recently committed suicide because she was being bullied online. It is serious, and I'm glad to see our Chief of Police is standing up to it. Yes, he also has bigger problems, but I'm proud to see that he does take time to deal with problems like these.
Yeah, I agree that people shouldnt say horrid things about someones child. However, dont you think its a good idea in this day and age to teach your children how to deal with stuff like this? I remember when I was a child, kids used to make fun of my hand me down clothes, I bet the hell out of most of them. Problem solved. Now if a kid beats up somebody they get expelled.

Bottom line is teach your child how to deal with insults, because its gonna be there for the rest of their lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumann Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
teacher blagg 40 min curious 18
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr BARNEYII 30,479
Accident at 69 and Balcom 3 hr friends 1
Misty V 7 hr OMG 9
Cinderella or wickidest witch of the south 7 hr Hipocracy 2
David Brown 10 hr Peace 1
larry neal Sat confused 3
Trumann Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Trumann People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?