What's the alternative to corporate i...

What's the alternative to corporate income tax?

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 20, 2010, titled What's the alternative to corporate income tax?. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Two of the three principal candidates for governor want to eliminate Minnesota's corporate income tax.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Observer

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 21, 2010
It really doesn't matter because this will be another barrier to entry that strengthens the position of the well-established.

http://www.examiner.com/economic-policy-in-mi...
Diamond

Lake Elmo, MN

#2 Oct 21, 2010
In my opinion, if the state tax was eliminated for corporations, the result would be more money flowing to the big wigs of the corporations. We can't seriously think that those dollars would be passsed on to workers in the form of more pay or benefits or price reductions in consumer products. The only thing that ever gets passed on consumers are increases.
Billy

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 21, 2010
I my opinion we need to tax the assets of the companies. Too much is done to avoid taxes by companies paying with their income statements. It would be harder for companies to avoid tax if we tax assets.
Nate

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Oct 26, 2010
It's simple, increase dividend tax and income tax and get rid of the corporate tax. Why are we taxing things twice?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trumann police department (Aug '15) Jul 2 Anonymous 5
Lisa Birdwell Jun 27 K Dub 1
Jessica York anyone??? (Sep '08) Mar '17 Joe 2
Best internet ? Jan '17 Google 1
News Michelle Garry (Jun '16) Jun '16 QQQ 1
auction (May '13) Dec '15 connie 4
chris pankey (Oct '15) Oct '15 wondering 1

Truman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance