oc football coach
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

United States

#1 Dec 17, 2012
Anyone know who they are considering for centrals new football coach?
already hired

Cookeville, TN

#2 Dec 18, 2012
Kevin Goltra was hired last week.
Helen

Pinson, TN

#3 Dec 18, 2012
already hired wrote:
Kevin Goltra was hired last week.
I give him 4 yrs and he will be up and gone.
Word

Cookeville, TN

#4 Dec 18, 2012
Helen wrote:
<quoted text>I give him 4 yrs and he will be up and gone.
If you know so much about OC football, you must be Helen of Troy?
OC Finest

United States

#5 Dec 21, 2012
Just another time the idiots there hired someone who is not a local or have any idea what this county is about. He will be here for 2 years. Shout out to the real REBELS...
Amen

Pinson, TN

#6 Dec 21, 2012
OC Finest wrote:
Just another time the idiots there hired someone who is not a local or have any idea what this county is about. He will be here for 2 years. Shout out to the real REBELS...
I'm glad somebody knows what they are talking about.
Parks

Villa Park, IL

#7 Jan 22, 2013
Because we Should hire a local. Someone from here that played here? Someone that never won or Doesn't know how to coach winning? Or someone with school board and troy Baptist church ties that Will threaten a coach on who to play or what to Do? Yea hire local. We need more of that! Lol... lack of local backing and misrun good ole boy hiring at oc is Why coaches leave. Instead of assuming just ask the former coaches what they needed to stay. Then fix those issues.
slim shade

Martin, TN

#8 Apr 11, 2013
Why did the ole coach leave- ole Dude Jackson? I thought he was building a dynasty there at OC.
job yet

Jackson, TN

#9 Apr 11, 2013
Have you found a job yet Jackson?
king

United States

#10 Apr 25, 2013
job yet wrote:
Have you found a job yet Jackson?
The problem wasn't finding a job fool. He waited till his 5th year anniversary and till he fulfilled his contract.
jimbo

Georgetown, IN

#11 Apr 28, 2013
You people are so dumb. You obviously know nothing about OC football. Hiring locally is a terrible idea because everybody around here sucks and these idiots don't know how to win. Goltra is a hell of a coach and a good friend of mine. He once single handedly raised enough money at his old school to get an outdoor basketball court for a group of kids that had nothing.... that's the kind of man he is. Not only that but he is one of the best defensive football coaches in the state. How do I know this? I played for him for two years. The only thing stopping goltra from winning a state championship at OC is the players... they are terrible. But maybe in about 4 years we'll be making that trip down to state
king

United States

#12 May 3, 2013
jimbo wrote:
You people are so dumb. You obviously know nothing about OC football. Hiring locally is a terrible idea because everybody around here sucks and these idiots don't know how to win. Goltra is a hell of a coach and a good friend of mine. He once single handedly raised enough money at his old school to get an outdoor basketball court for a group of kids that had nothing.... that's the kind of man he is. Not only that but he is one of the best defensive football coaches in the state. How do I know this? I played for him for two years. The only thing stopping goltra from winning a state championship at OC is the players... they are terrible. But maybe in about 4 years we'll be making that trip down to state
Sounds Like another comment by the coach himself tooting his own horn. He has already done this on another site.
ben Hurr

Dresden, TN

#13 May 15, 2013
who needs a job when you have a booster club?
rebels foeva

Martin, TN

#15 May 21, 2013
Jackson accomplished a lot while he was at OCCHS-- pissed thru a quarter of a milli0n $$ and nothing to show for it- had the girlfriend take orders from him while posing as QB club president and Pissed off UCHS enough to the point where they won't play OC anymore in football because of recruiting of kids.. Nice job dip s##T!!
king

United States

#16 May 23, 2013
rebels foeva wrote:
Jackson accomplished a lot while he was at OCCHS-- pissed thru a quarter of a milli0n $$ and nothing to show for it- had the girlfriend take orders from him while posing as QB club president and Pissed off UCHS enough to the point where they won't play OC anymore in football because of recruiting of kids.. Nice job dip s##T!!
What Uc kids were recruited to oc? What about the two SF kids recruited to Uc? And you obviously haven't walked around the facilities and seen all the improvements in past 5 years. Simple minded people. Only know what you hear.

United States

#17 May 23, 2013
king wrote:
<quoted text>
What Uc kids were recruited to oc? What about the two SF kids recruited to Uc? And you obviously haven't walked around the facilities and seen all the improvements in past 5 years. Simple minded people. Only know what you hear.
Yeah big deal! So they put fancy carpet and theater seats in the film room! That was all done for the coach's comfort. Look at the sorry excuse for bathroom facilities that our kids have to use and shower in! Can you say Staph infection? I am so tired of hearing all your mess about how much was done. Our community is on the verge of no longer supporting the QBC because of all the shady dealings.
king

United States

#18 May 23, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah big deal! So they put fancy carpet and theater seats in the film room! That was all done for the coach's comfort. Look at the sorry excuse for bathroom facilities that our kids have to use and shower in! Can you say Staph infection? I am so tired of hearing all your mess about how much was done. Our community is on the verge of no longer supporting the QBC because of all the shady dealings.
Lots more than theatre room in 5 years. Staph comes from your kid leaving dirty sweaty clothes in his locker and re-wearing them. My kid plays There. He has never had staff.

Union City, TN

#19 May 23, 2013
The current quarterback club needs to add up how much money each coach received in bonuses and publish that fact to the public. We deserve to know the exact amount teach coach received since it was money that was given to the football program to be used for the players not the lifestyles of the coaches who were paid teachers receiving suplemental checks for coaching. Those coaches should be made to pay back the money or at the least they should be made to pay taxes on the money. This is income tax fraud.

United States

#20 May 23, 2013
king wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots more than theatre room in 5 years. Staph comes from your kid leaving dirty sweaty clothes in his locker and re-wearing them. My kid plays There. He has never had staff.
So tell the COMMUNITY exactly what was done with the money they donated through QBC fundraisers. As a fan sitting in the stands, all they can see is an inflatable helmet, fireworks after touchdowns and a home and away helmet, which by the way, were not fully paid for until the new QBC officers were put in place. A typical fan would surely prefer a decent sound system, as opposed to the giving of THEIR hard earned money to a mediocre coach. A good coach, deserving of a bonus after all, would have a good team every year not one out of 6. Just a REBEL FAN's perspective.

Union City, TN

#21 May 23, 2013
Rumors say that the coach was paid 5,000 per season to paint the football field, but the parents were the ones who actually did the painting. Is that true? How many homes games were there? How much does that add up to per home game? Did he claim that money on his income tax return? The current Quarterback President needs to have the Messenger print the exact amounts that were paid to the coaches and itemize the exact expenditures. We, the public, have a right to know since it was OUR money that was given to the Quarterback Club.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eddie ray fagan 1 hr Guest 3
Bacons 2 hr Just for the record 14
Last wife. 5 hr Last 7
Crazy dysfunctional familes! 7 hr Lisa 7
Treena Moore rhamy 10 hr Bankruptcy 9
Travis Medley 17 hr Tsimpson 9
Sexy man in Obion? (Jul '10) 19 hr Peewees future wife 86

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance