Ohioan gets 15 years to life for murd...

Ohioan gets 15 years to life for murdering his baby son | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 20 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 24, 2011, titled Ohioan gets 15 years to life for murdering his baby son | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A man has been sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for the murder of his 8-month old son, who authorities say was bitten before he died from multiple blunt-force injuries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Miss Rosie

United States

#1 Jan 24, 2011
NOT LONG ENOUGH !
Citizen

Highland, OH

#2 Jan 24, 2011
Ohio is setting such a horrific precident. If you murder your child or allow it to be murdered in this state, you never get the death penalty. These people needed to be on death row just like anyone else that commits murder.
Will Burns

United States

#3 Jan 24, 2011
Retro active abortion.
Dogtown

Columbus, OH

#4 Jan 24, 2011
What is it about killing a baby that gets you 15 years. Every case it seems?

not a serious sentence.
southern ohio steve

Dallas, TX

#5 Jan 24, 2011
fry them both
mad

Versailles, OH

#6 Jan 24, 2011
in prison they will die and thats a no brainer i think a tattoo on the forhead should be placed and say (I killed a child) then the inmates will know and handle it for the defenless child. im sick to my stumic about this.
justice

Coshocton, OH

#7 Jan 24, 2011
me thinks that bubba will see that this pos gets some blunt force trauma
MalikZuluShabazz

Mount Vernon, OH

#8 Jan 24, 2011
15 to life....Ah yes, the possibility of future breeding is present. KILL these people, please!
buckeye bopperman

Columbus, OH

#9 Jan 24, 2011
Yet in an abortion clinic it is legal to cut the little babies in pieces and throw them in the trash can or even cut off their little feet like momentos as did the doctor in Philadelphia . Why can't this be considered retro active choice by the father ? Is there any difference ? Life,liberty,and the pursuit of happiness , unless you're in your mothers womb .
is_it_enough

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 24, 2011
Murder in Ohio gets you 15 to life. Aggravated murder gets you life or death penalty according to the Ohio Revised Code section 2929.02
Citizen

Highland, OH

#11 Jan 24, 2011
buckeye bopperman wrote:
Yet in an abortion clinic it is legal to cut the little babies in pieces and throw them in the trash can or even cut off their little feet like momentos as did the doctor in Philadelphia . Why can't this be considered retro active choice by the father ? Is there any difference ? Life,liberty,and the pursuit of happiness , unless you're in your mothers womb .
What that Doctor did is illegal and he is going to prison for it and so is his staff. That's why late term abortions "are" illegal. It's not just a few cells its a viable fetus. Yes there is a difference, a big difference.
Citizen

Highland, OH

#12 Jan 24, 2011
is_it_enough wrote:
Murder in Ohio gets you 15 to life. Aggravated murder gets you life or death penalty according to the Ohio Revised Code section 2929.02
No if you kill you should lose your life. Maybe that's harsh but it would stop all this non-sensical plea bargaining. This would force people to keep their anger in control and use the defense that it is was intended, it's was a crime of passion. Well I'm more passionate about the victims rights.
Miss Church Troy Ohio

South Charleston, OH

#13 Jan 24, 2011
What isn't being told here is the creep already served time for scalding another child with hot water, and the neighbors came forward AFTER the murder saying they knew something was happening to the screaming child. Why aren't they ALL going to trial?Why didn't anyone save that poor baby.

Since: Feb 10

Witness Protection Program

#14 Jan 24, 2011
15 to life. I choose life for this young man.
White Knight

Columbus, OH

#15 Jan 24, 2011
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
No if you kill you should lose your life. Maybe that's harsh but it would stop all this non-sensical plea bargaining. This would force people to keep their anger in control and use the defense that it is was intended, it's was a crime of passion. Well I'm more passionate about the victims rights.
their not stating their opinion just stating facts. Don't be so quick to just say no. I agree with you a life for a life that's the persons point the law is screwed up.
STOP NEGR0 VIOLENCE

Ashburn, VA

#16 Jan 24, 2011
buckeye bopperman wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! and it will never change. Abortion will NEVER become illegal.

IN fact, if it even came close, you anti-choice nuts would start experiencing the same violence that you dish out to innocent women and health care workers.
workingdadof7

Columbus, OH

#17 Jan 24, 2011
Both of them deserve the same as what the child got.
STOP NEGR0 VIOLENCE

Ashburn, VA

#18 Jan 24, 2011
WORST JUSTICE SYSTEM IN AMERICA. Prosecutors only focus on PLEA BARGAINS now because they are too lazy and/or INCOMPETENT to do their jobs and seek justice for the public
Fed Up

Columbus, OH

#19 Jan 24, 2011
Let him out! I know several people that would be more than glad to take care of him, and at no cost to the taxpayers!
Nut Job

Columbus, OH

#20 Jan 24, 2011
buckeye bopperman wrote:
There's huge difference on a child that has been born, knows life as it is and has feelings of pain and a fetus that has not! Had this poor unwanted child never been born they would have never had the pain of being abused!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll The Crybaby Bridge story (Lockington, OH) is: (Mar '09) 1 hr UTfan4ever 8
Tipp O' the Town Family Restaurant (Apr '09) Apr 10 Joe Smith 15
News Abbott's new Ensure Enlive drink designed, made... Mar '16 They cannot kill ... 1
Drug problem in Troy Mar '16 repent center 1
Was he alive when they left? Mar '16 UTfan4ever 2
Miami County Racist????? (May '08) Jan '16 Gfus 13
The grants Jan '16 Lol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages