Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied

Jun 11, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Contra Costa Times

In this Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2009 file picture, New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz, D-Bronx, right, speaks during a debate over same-sex marriage in the New York state Senate at the Capitol in Albany, N.Y. Diaz complained in May 2011 that he's received death threats because he opposes legislation to legalize same-sex marriage.

Comments
11,981 - 12,000 of 12,363 Comments Last updated May 30, 2014

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how much you repeat your wishful legal twirl, gay unions are not just the opposite of marriage, they are a direct defective failure of the core goal of evolution. Just a simple fact you have to live with.
Smile.
That is the prejudice you choose to live with. It only affects me to the extent it influences irrational laws.

Your desire to impose it into law serves no legitimate governmental interest and only harms same sex couples needlessly.

Marriage is a fundamental right of the individual.

Your prejudice fails to qualify as a legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of equal treatment as required by the 5th and 14th amendments.

“These matters, involving the most intimate and personal choices a person may make in a lifetime, choices central to personal dignity and autonomy, are central to the liberty protected by the Fourteenth Amendment. At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life.”
SCOTUS
Anne Ominous

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Not Done Babbling wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hominem attacks remain the refuge of those with no argument on the merits.
LOL
Anne Ominous

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Not Done Babbling wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know by now that is not true?
No, I know that marriage is not a right.
On 14 occasions the Supreme Court has affirmed marriage as a fundamental right of the individual.
It has done no such thing.
Cleveland Board of Education v. LaFleur<snip>
found that overly restrictive maternity leave regulations in public schools violate the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment and the Fourteenth Amendment.
Zablocki v. Redhail<snip>
decision that held that Wisconsin Statutes §§ 245.10 (1),(4),(5)(1973) violated the Fourteenth Amendment equal protection clause. Section 245.10 required noncustodial parents who were Wisconsin residents attempting to marry inside or outside of Wisconsin to seek a court order prior to receiving a marriage license
Turner v. Safley<snip>
struck down a regulation that prohibited inmates from marrying without the permission of the warden
Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey<snip>
upheld the constitutional right to have an abortion

The fallacy in your examples is that you ignore the actual point of the case while applying your own interpretation of the events.
Anne Ominous

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Not Done Babbling wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how often you repeat your beliefs, they remain irrelevant to the individual fundamental right of marriage.
No matter how often you repeat your beliefs, they remain irrelevant to the fact that marriage is not a right.
Anne Ominous

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Not Done Babbling wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try this for the third time and see if the crybabies delete it again.

People who have sex with the same sex fulfill the definition of disgusting pervert.
Anne Ominous

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
People who demonstrate anti-gay attitudes fulfill the definition of homophobe. No fear is required.
Anne Ominous

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

You also make an unprovable and idiotic assertion that there will be no affect on society.

Smile.
DC Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a knob licker or a muff diver.
Truthmaster

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Midgets can be gay too.
DC Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Truthmaster wrote:
Midgets can be gay too.
You cry about stalking and yet you are the one stalking my balls from thread to thread. Bravo for once again proving that you are after my ball sac.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try this for the third time and see if the crybabies delete it again.
People who have sex with the same sex fulfill the definition of disgusting pervert.
Wrong - There isn't an actual definition. It depends on one's perspective of what is disgusting and what is perverted. My definition, would be trolls that are judgmental, self righteous and bigoted, posting anti-gay remarks on a gay topix forum. Actually I would probably call that asstroll a piece of shit rather than a disgusting pervert, even worse if they were actually a female, then I would say they were just an evil c(_)nt. Just say'n

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
You said: "morons with no argument scream "homophobe"

I replied and provided you with the common definition of homophobia: "People who demonstrate anti-gay attitudes fulfill the definition of homophobe. No fear is required.

"Homophobia is a range of negative attitudes and feelings towards lesbian, gay, bisexual, and in some cases transgender and intersex people. Definitions refer variably to antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, and irrational fear.[1][2][3] Homophobia is observable in critical and hostile behavior such as discrimination[1][2] and violence on the basis of a perceived non-heterosexual orientation. In a 1998 address, author, activist, and civil rights leader Coretta Scott King stated that "Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood."[4]" (Wiki) "

I called no one a homophobe. I simply provided the definition. But if the shoe fits....

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Anne Ominous wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how often you repeat your beliefs, they remain irrelevant to the fact that marriage is not a right.
Fortunately, the courts recognize that marriage is a fundamental right: "Marriage “one of the basic civil rights of man”(SCOTUS)
Mother of Anne

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Truthmaster wrote:
Midgets can be gay too.
My daughter Anne is a midget...a mental one.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Mother of Anne wrote:
<quoted text> My daughter Anne is a midget...a mental one.
I wish you well,... but maybe she's not as it seems and she just doesn't agree with you?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the prejudice you choose to live with. It only affects me to the extent it influences irrational laws.
Your opinion is irrational until you establish a equal relationship with marriage as opposed to all other relationships.

You are trying to impose your imposter relationship on established rational laws.

SCOTUS has validated those Laws many times as I have noted.

Smile.
Anne Ominous

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Not Done Babbling wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, the courts recognize that marriage is a fundamental right:
Were wrong, and still wrong.
Marriage “one of the basic civil rights of man”(SCOTUS)
That sounds like the ubiquitous "Loving" case that keeps being misquoted.

First of all, the loving case struck down laws that prohibited inter-racial marriage. It has nothing to do with homosexuals.

Indeed, if one looks at the entire quote instead of just the cherry picked clause:

"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival"

Which clearly refers to opposite sex marriage an procreation.

Further down:

"To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discrimination. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State"

How many times is the word "race" mentioned?

How many times is the word "homosexual" mentioned?

:)

Anne Ominous

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Not Done Babbling wrote:
<quoted text>
"Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood."[4]" (Wiki) "
OMG Babbles threw wikipedia at me LOL

First of all, 2% of the population does not qualify as a "large group of people".

You people do harm to yourselves through the repulsive behaviors that you exhibit. You have no one to point a finger at but yourselves. You want acceptance? Change to make yourself acceptable.

Making up silly nonsense terms like "homophobia" does nothing but shoot yourself in the foot. Accusing normal people of being the sickies is beyond ridiculous. Seriously, you're like little children. You leave me shaking my head in dismay.
Anne Ominous

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong - There isn't an actual definition. It depends on one's perspective of what is disgusting and what is perverted.
There is nothing more disgusting and perverted than homosexuality. Only those immersed in it would disagree,
My definition, would be trolls that are judgmental, self righteous and bigoted
morons with no argument scream "bigot"
posting anti-gay remarks on a gay topix forum
First of all, this article originated with normal people explaining how they are being targeted by homosexual activists. I wouldn't call that a "gay" article.

Second, I don't go into a "gay" topix section to access it.

Third, homosexuals have no problem trolling normal threads and inserting their odious opinions. Therefore you don't really have anything to complain about, do you?
Actually I would probably call that asstroll a piece of shit rather than a disgusting pervert, even worse if they were actually a female, then I would say they were just an evil c(_)nt. Just say'n
One: enjoying your butthurt

Two: "Ad hominem attacks remain the refuge of those with no argument on the merits."

(you've got your buddy Babs to thank for that one LOL)
Truthmaster

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Angry midgets can be gay. Don't hate them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Troy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Troy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••