Gun Debate Grows in Albany

Jan 7, 2013 Full story: WGRZ-TV Buffalo 75

The battle over gun-control legislation in New York continued Monday, with Democrats and Republicans in the state Legislature balking at each others' proposals.

Full Story
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#43 Jan 12, 2013
It wouldn't surprise me if at least SOME of them were brainwashed by the Secret Government to commit these very real acts FOR THIS SAME REASON, although I wouldn't place myself in the same category as the white trash who would blame Obama exclusively, because ultimately all presidents - Democratic or Republican - are just pawns of the Illuminati themselves.

Stated another way: If a given president suddenly and without warning turned into a Ron Paul after winning the election, he'd either end-up buried next to JFK or disgraced from office because of a "scandal"(!) the way Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton were and almost-were, respectively.
Law

Omaha, NE

#44 Jan 12, 2013
obarna vomit wrote:
<quoted text>
My biggest shortcoming is that I have no tolerance for gun-nuts. I've been a gun collector and shooter my whole life, and I've run across more of you paranoid freaks than I care to mentionl; guys who get off on owning ridiculous tricked out assault rifles, because they harbor irrational fears and paranoid delusions...guys who stockpile arms and ammo in preparation for some ficticous armageddon that will never occur, as if one AR-15 is going to save you.
Stupid, delusional and scared is a bad combination.
"Gun nuts". Obviously you have nothing but an arsenal of addled-minded cliches. And sticking your nose into other peoples business reveals a large frutrated control freak stripe in you.
Law

Omaha, NE

#45 Jan 12, 2013
1911SHTR wrote:
<quoted text>
You're paranoid nonsense is the kind of talk that gets us INTO a police state.
You're way out of your depth, my friend.
Yeah, right. Police states are the result of a paranoid citizenry. What color is the sky in your world?
CJB

Schenectady, NY

#46 Jan 12, 2013
Hingle MCringleberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop making sh*t up. Cuomo never said anything about confiscation.
Grow up. You don't need assault weapons.
You have no authority or right to tell anyone what kind of gun they can have. You sound like these elected dictators trying to control every aspect of your life, trying to jam there beliefs down your throat. Actual fact its a military style rifle.its also semi auto like a pistol.Keep your no sense comments to yourself

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47 Jan 12, 2013
Law wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, right. Police states are the result of a paranoid citizenry. What color is the sky in your world?
Thank you!! Between the 1911 & Dingleberry on this forum there are some real dandies.

Location hidden

#48 Jan 12, 2013
1911SHTR wrote:
<quoted text>
You're paranoid nonsense is the kind of talk that gets us INTO a police state.
You're way out of your depth, my friend.
My State Senator happens to think that Cuomo is trying to punish the law abiding by the proposals he has made. I know my representatives personally and make my views known to them. I take a very active part in politics and what I am seeing on both the State and National levels is unsettling. We will be "Executive Ordered" into tyranny by the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#49 Jan 16, 2013
TeddyR wrote:
<quoted text>
Are a lot of mass murderes using fast cars instead of guns?
Moron.
When you add the numbers up you asshole the number of deaths due to speeding exceeds those due to guns? If a family of five is wiped out due s to a car doing 100 plus mph is that not mass murder? Two people were killed recently in Broward County Florida while riding their bicycles. They were hit by a car going 110mph.According to the police the bodies were mangled beyond recognition. Sorry the body count wasn't higher for you.Sadly you think no one should have high capacity magazines but it's o.k. to have a high performance car??? typical left wing dirtbag
AAHM

Santa Fe, NM

#51 Jan 16, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>When you add the numbers up you asshole the number of deaths due to speeding exceeds those due to guns? If a family of five is wiped out due s to a car doing 100 plus mph is that not mass murder? Two people were killed recently in Broward County Florida while riding their bicycles. They were hit by a car going 110mph.According to the police the bodies were mangled beyond recognition. Sorry the body count wasn't higher for you.Sadly you think no one should have high capacity magazines but it's o.k. to have a high performance car??? typical left wing dirtbag
so dumb I don't know the difference between a car and an assault weapon.
another

Santa Fe, NM

#52 Jan 16, 2013
Have Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>
We will be "Executive Ordered" into tyranny by the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
crackpot

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#53 Jan 17, 2013
Have Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>My State Senator happens to think that Cuomo is trying to punish the law abiding by the proposals he has made. I know my representatives personally and make my views known to them. I take a very active part in politics and what I am seeing on both the State and National levels is unsettling. We will be "Executive Ordered" into tyranny by the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
I sure that you do "make you views known to him". In fact, I'll bet your'e in the crackpot file and on an FBI list, too.

Location hidden

#54 Jan 17, 2013
obarna vomit wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure that you do "make you views known to him". In fact, I'll bet your'e in the crackpot file and on an FBI list, too.
I am within my Rights to express my views to my elected officials. As an American citizen I am given these Rights and have served to protect them. Maybe I have neved seen a shot fired in anger while serving but I have served with honor. I will be damned if I will be crapped on by anyone be it a politician or poster here.

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#55 Jan 17, 2013
AAHM wrote:
<quoted text>
so dumb I don't know the difference between a car and an assault weapon.
No your just too dumb to understand the hypocrisy of the left wing that you are proud to be a member of. You fucking morons oppose someone having a semi automatic weapon and high capacity magazines because of their capabilities. Your common mantra is who would need such a weapon. You all spout the typical "what hunter would need such a gun" as if the second amendment is about guns. You are outraged at the deaths when these weapons are used ILLEGALLY..get it asshole...it is ILLEGAL to kill someone. So you demand that no one have them. The speed limit in this nation is 70mph. Many cars in production today can do well over 150mph. The NHTSA own records state that in 2011 10430 people were killed in accidents caused by speeding. IT IS ILLEGAL TO SPEED but still over 10000 people were killed as a result of it. Since we can't control speeding where is the demand from the left that no one be able to own a car that can go faster than 70-80mph. whats wrong??? are you not outraged by the irresponsible drivers that killed over 10000 people,many of them school aged children??? Maybe you should go look up the definition of hypocrisy...
RibZilla

Albany, NY

#56 Jan 17, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>No your just too dumb to understand the hypocrisy of the left wing that you are proud to be a member of. You fucking morons oppose someone having a semi automatic weapon and high capacity magazines because of their capabilities. Your common mantra is who would need such a weapon. You all spout the typical "what hunter would need such a gun" as if the second amendment is about guns. You are outraged at the deaths when these weapons are used ILLEGALLY..get it asshole...it is ILLEGAL to kill someone. So you demand that no one have them. The speed limit in this nation is 70mph. Many cars in production today can do well over 150mph. The NHTSA own records state that in 2011 10430 people were killed in accidents caused by speeding. IT IS ILLEGAL TO SPEED but still over 10000 people were killed as a result of it. Since we can't control speeding where is the demand from the left that no one be able to own a car that can go faster than 70-80mph. whats wrong??? are you not outraged by the irresponsible drivers that killed over 10000 people,many of them school aged children??? Maybe you should go look up the definition of hypocrisy...
We've been listening to these stupid arguments about hammers,cars, and fist killing more people than guns...and, if this was six months ago, we'd buy it...but since Newtown, everything has changed. Sorry, we're not buying your lame rhetoric, anymore.

20 dead children tend to change things.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#57 Jan 17, 2013
Debate after eight.

Bill introduced after 8:00 PM . Bill approved by morning. Bill forwarded to state house by morning. Bill signed by Coumo less than 24 hours later. Presto! New anti gun legislation from the express the lane.

NY legislature always this dedicated?
just did

Santa Fe, NM

#58 Jan 17, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>

Maybe you should go look up the definition of hypocrisy...
it describes an obscene lunatic calling himself a "patriot" while spouting racist nonsense,disrespecting his president and advocating civil war.
we hope

Santa Fe, NM

#59 Jan 17, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
Debate after eight.
Bill introduced after 8:00 PM . Bill approved by morning. Bill forwarded to state house by morning. Bill signed by Coumo less than 24 hours later. Presto! New anti gun legislation from the express the lane.
NY legislature always this dedicated?
it becomes a trend.
Hudson 308

Altamont, NY

#60 Jan 17, 2013
Hingle MCringleberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop making sh*t up. Cuomo never said anything about confiscation.
Grow up. You don't need assault weapons.
Just WHO the hell are you to tell me what I need? YOU NEED TO MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS before someone else does..........
Hudson 308

Altamont, NY

#61 Jan 17, 2013
RibZilla wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been listening to these stupid arguments about hammers,cars, and fist killing more people than guns...and, if this was six months ago, we'd buy it...but since Newtown, everything has changed. Sorry, we're not buying your lame rhetoric, anymore.
20 dead children tend to change things.
NO IT DOES NOT-PERIOD
buyer

Elkview, WV

#62 Jan 17, 2013
bring your hi-capicity mags ,and firearms to WV I will give you 10cents on the dollar for em. Now that y'all NewYawkers can't have em. Stupid liberals

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#63 Jan 18, 2013
buyer wrote:
bring your hi-capicity mags ,and firearms to WV I will give you 10cents on the dollar for em. Now that y'all NewYawkers can't have em. Stupid liberals
Wow..with all the money you make, you'll be able to buy some teeth and maybe take your sister on that honeymoon that you two could never afford.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr WARRIOR 19,203
Debate: Gay Marriage - Albany, NY (Jul '10) 12 hr InChrist 1,605
Cops: Couple caught having sex in public bathroom 14 hr Anne Ominous 2
Nano college is officially SUNY Polytechnic Ins... Sat Youre Out Of Order 27
M. Solomon Furs (Jan '10) Sep 13 Nina 28
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 12 Stan Stasiak 16,786
Cardinal to lead St. Pat parade with 1st gay group Sep 12 Wondering 6
•••
•••
•••

Troy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Troy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE