Letter: Center the key to Albany's future

Feb 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Albany Times Union

Amore Clothing has been on State Street in Albany since 1967. As I look out my storefront, I can tell you that we are more and more alone in the retail existence of downtown Albany.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2013
Scubbers

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Nobody wants to live in downtown Albany; in fact, nobody wants to even visit downtown Albany after dark...at least nobody besides ghetto rats drunken college kids.
DanaRatalio

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Hey, I visit Albany after dark! But, then, I'm a drunken slag who will pretty much bang anything with $3 in its pocket.
SylvioAratis

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I've shit in nicer places than Albany.
Nina

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

People don't like being mugged.
People are afraid to walk the streets of Albany
at night by themselves.
People are afraid to visit the neighborhoods where they lived as kids.
Jaywalking all over Central Ave.
Business district bars....where is retail
thank you thou Lodges for being there.
Shocker

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Walk up State Street after dark...you'll be asked for money by at least two grubby black dudes.

Then you'll have to listen to smart-assed black punks and that crap they call music. Then there are the welfare-mommas with one snot-nosed little welfare-recipient in tow, and another riding in a $200 stroller I helped pay for. Of course, the mother is smoking $10 a pack Newport Menthols and carrying an iPhone.
Rillo

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

The thing that pisses me off is the fact that politicians say "gee,there's not really anything we can do about EBT's being used for strip clubs and booze"...yet somehow the department of Tax and Finance can find an illegal $23 deduction on your tax return.

If I commit a crime and leave one drop of saliva behind, the state police have the technology to identify me out of every other person on earth, but oddly enough, they don't have the technology to keep rufus and Chantel from buying malt liquor and cigarettes with their EBT card.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Troy Discussions

Search the Troy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 26 min NYC unhappiest city in US 17
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Billy O Liar 6,345
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Samuel 18,546
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 19 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Wed Sham Hannuty 16,777
Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
warning: rude employee at christmas tree shops (Aug '12) Jul 18 Nina 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Troy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Troy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE