Shirley

Slingerlands, NY

#1 May 2, 2012
Do not demolish St. Patrick's Church in
Watrvliet NY. It is wrong.
Gov William J LePetomane

Albany, NY

#2 May 2, 2012
Shirley, are you prepared to buy it and take care of renovation and maintenance yourself?

The paper reports that the church already needs $6,000,000 in renovations. The diocese isn't willing to invest that money, and Watervliet can't afford it.

You have two choices... you sell the building now, to a willing buyer who will put a badly needed market into a low income area -OR- you let the building rot where it stands until there's a fire or the roof caves in and the town that can't afford to buy it is forced to tear it down anyway.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Community Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#3 May 2, 2012
Knock it down and put up a Hooters.

Albany, NY

#4 May 3, 2012
Why not just dig a giant hole and put all of Watervliet into it?
Shirley

Slingerlands, NY

#5 May 3, 2012
1. How come the Basilica in Lourdes, France is still standing? St. Patrick's Church/Watervliet NY
is a replica of the Basilica. Just google both and you will see.
2. St. Patrick's is so gorgeous where did the money
come from to build it.
3. How would the Vatican like it if one of their
buildings was demolished and a supermarket put in it placve.
4. I wish some religious very devotional community
with wealthy benefactors would take this church
make it into a shrine that would attract people
from all over.
5. I know this block of land is hot potatoes
but pls don't knock this church down...no good.
Shirley

Slingerlands, NY

#6 May 3, 2012
Oops..."it placve" should be "its place."
Bronx Boneheads

Florham Park, NJ

#7 May 4, 2012
Shirley wrote:
1. How come the Basilica in Lourdes, France is still standing? St. Patrick's Church/Watervliet NY
come from to build it.
from all over.
The church was built by scamming money from the poor with threats of going to hell. Now the Catholic Church can't turn a profit on it, so away it goes; screw the locals!
Jim in Albany

Albany, NY

#8 May 4, 2012
Shirley wrote:
come from to build it.
from all over.
Take a look at St. John's on Green St., Albany. This is what St. Patrick's will look like in 10 years.

--
nina

Slingerlands, NY

#9 May 4, 2012
Jim in Albany wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a look at St. John's on Green St., Albany. This is what St. Patrick's will look like in 10 years.
--
Jim, I will. Why are we so darn "broke."
Lord Haw Haw

Albany, NY

#10 May 5, 2012
You are so darn broke because the Albany RC Diocese has spent its money defending pedophile priests and paying off the victims of priestly abuse.If the Diocese had any money it should complete the rehab on the Cathederal, not sink a dime into a dead church in a nearly dead city. Until a new Bishop replaces creepy HH the Albany Diocese will struggle.
duck blood soup

Albany, NY

#11 May 5, 2012
How dare you refer to our Bishop as "creepy". He is a man of God, and a local boy too boot.
i got a idea

Sharon Springs, NY

#12 May 5, 2012
take the crap hole that has probaly had a hundred kids abused and millested in there by scumby priests that are no men of god but actually men of the devil, and bulldoze that evil scumb hole catholic church to the ground, and when your done find another catholic church and bull doze that one to and keep bulldozing them
Sister Scholastica

Albany, NY

#13 May 6, 2012
I shall pray for your soul. Your anger is a sin against God.
The Tribune

Albany, NY

#14 May 6, 2012
Proper Roman Catholics honor all priests and particularly the present Albany Bishop Howard regardless of any and all human transgressions they may have committed. The matter of priests and children is entirely a spiritual matter and is inappropriately caste by the media/courts as a legal/criminal issue. Priests are above the criminal and civil laws created by man. Period.
long ball hitter

Albany, NY

#15 May 6, 2012
The Tribune wrote:
Proper Roman Catholics honor all priests and particularly the present Albany Bishop Howard regardless of any and all human transgressions they may have committed. The matter of priests and children is entirely a spiritual matter and is inappropriately caste by the media/courts as a legal/criminal issue. Priests are above the criminal and civil laws created by man. Period.
You are a complete idiot to say that priests are above and outside the laws of this country. Such a mentality is exactly why the priests club composed of lovers of boys was permitted to exist within the church for many, many, many decades.
shang guan rui en

Kunming, China

#16 May 6, 2012
Gays do not serve the Lord, they serve themselves. Solution: ban the gays from priesthood and the children will be safe.
long ball hitter

Albany, NY

#17 May 6, 2012
From China comes the truth. And after gays are banned from the priesthood, let's ordain women as priests. The nurturing aspect of the female personality would serve the world's Roman Catholics wonderfully.
Nimrod Wildfire

Albany, NY

#18 May 6, 2012
Put pedophile priests in jail and big Bubba will enjoy the fresh meat.
shang boyfriend

Pompano Beach, FL

#19 May 7, 2012
shang guan rui en wrote:
Gays do not serve the Lord, they serve themselves. Solution: ban the gays from priesthood and the children will be safe.
ban the gays and the children and the priests from shang guan rui en and they will be safe and not communists! ban shang guan rui en from the USA and everyone will be safe! why shang guan rui en so obsessed with gay? why shang guan rui en not tell communist parents he hide in closet in KUMMING? why shang guan rui en take US taxpayer free tuition and use welfare money to buy dress to marry me in gay NY ceremony last summer? why shang guan rui en not tell me he drag queen on Central Ave?
Father Basilio

Albany, NY

#20 May 7, 2012
Let us return to a civil conversation regarding Saint Patrick's in Watervliet. The last comment from Florida is particularly egregious in its apparent defense of homosexuality and is also dismissive of communism, which in principle, is philosophically similar to the Catholic Church. One of the most unGodly human acts is buggery. Now that smells; just saying.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
warning: rude employee at christmas tree shops (Aug '12) 5 hr anna 25
OBAMAcare and its lies 18 hr george 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Bently 19,559
A CAND THE DR KAMAL K ROYY AKA/WAS JOSEPH JOSEP... Sat DR LISA ROY rev the 1
warning TO ALL CAR DEALERSHIPS IN THE ALBANY A... Dec 19 firewall open 1
Debate: Marijuana - Troy, NY (Sep '10) Nov '14 Jonesy Jones 14
Q&A: What is 4chan and where did it come... Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Troy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web