Review: Pet Lodge Of Clifton Park - p...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dog lover

Albany, NY

#41 Apr 5, 2012
I take my dog here at least 2x a month for doggy day care. He absolutely LOVES it there. Infact, he plays all day and comes home and passes out. This is the ONLY thing that will make him tired. Also, when I first started taking him to daycare I asked if I can have a tour of the place and they were absolutely willing to show me EVERYTHING. They are super friendly there. They love all the animals and I have full confidence that if there was EVER a problem with my dog they would call me up and tell me.
Luv my dogs

Saratoga Springs, NY

#42 Apr 10, 2012
Though they are willing to show you around, it's the bacteria that you can't see! My dogs came home with explosive diarrhea after being boarded there for 4 days. I spent over $500 in vet bills. They were dehydrated, and had contracted giardia from Pet Lodge. It took 4 weeks until they were healthy again. It was also clear they weren't taking them out enough - our white dog had a pee yellow belly which took 3 baths to clean and the smell was horrific. I love my dogs and would never jeopardize their health by taking them there again.
Granny

Kingsley, MI

#43 May 14, 2012
I was hoping to book for this summer .... now i am very concerned .... if it is such a good place why aren't there more good reviews .... i know fired employees can be difficult but i need to hear better things from people who use the place
Luv my dogs

Saratoga Springs, NY

#44 May 23, 2012
Granny wrote:
I was hoping to book for this summer .... now i am very concerned .... if it is such a good place why aren't there more good reviews .... i know fired employees can be difficult but i need to hear better things from people who use the place
When I first brought my two there, I saw the negative postings and believed they were disgruntled employees. Call your vet if you aren't sure of these postings - I asked my vet about it AFTER my dogs got sick. When dogs get sick and we have to seek medical attention for them, we usually tell the vet how and why they are sick, and if there are many of us, the vet will not refer clients there. If all the dogs they're treating get the same thing from boarding, they know there's a problem there. Perhaps your vet can refer you to a clean, reputable place to board.
Lora

Woodside, NY

#45 Jun 19, 2012
Picked up our dog who boarded with PET LODGE in CLIFTON PARK for a long weekend. While our dog was sitting on my lap in the car on our way home from Pet Lodge, I could see fleas jumping on and off of him. When we got home I saw he had many little bites all over him. I called the PET LODGE and spoke with the guy who was there when I picked him up. He said he would have the Manager
call me right back. Well, it has now been several hours and NO call back. After reading all of these comments I now know I will not be receiving a call back. Sounds like that is just a line they use to get you off the phone. I wish I read about this place before....I am surprised they have not been shut down after all the complaints on here.
NO I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE who was fired! Those people should be Thankful they don't work for a place like this anymore!
Lora

Woodside, NY

#46 Jun 20, 2012
I decided to call Pet Lodge again this morning after not receiving a call back yesterday regarding our dog who had the bites and fleas all over him. A girl answered this morning and said she would pass the message along to the manager. So I asked when would that be and she proceeded to say, "when I see her"! So I told her after
Reading what was online I knew there would not be a call back and I am correct. NO CALL BACK. I also failed to mention when Ipocked up our dog yesterday the red headed guy behind the counter made it a point to tell me our dog ate well while he was there which was surprising since he usually doesn't eat much when he is away from us. So hearing this yesterday we did not feed him thinking he had eaten. First thing this morning we decided to feed him earlier then usual today since we had a busy day and he would not be able to eat until later then usual. As soon as his food was put down he vacuumed it right up. We were shocked as he has NEVER done this before.
He in fact ate twice today because he was starving which leaves us wondering if he even ate! Not to mention I usually at least get the ziplock containers in return from boarding and this time there was nothing in return to me. We highly doubt he even ate. If you love and care about your pet, DO NOT LEAVE THEM AT THIS PLACE. They are heartless or I would have gotten a call back by now.
Annie W

Clifton Park, NY

#47 Jun 21, 2012
Lora wrote:
I decided to call Pet Lodge again this morning after not receiving a call back yesterday regarding our dog who had the bites and fleas all over him. A girl answered this morning and said she would pass the message along to the manager. So I asked when would that be and she proceeded to say, "when I see her"! So I told her after
Reading what was online I knew there would not be a call back and I am correct. NO CALL BACK. I also failed to mention when Ipocked up our dog yesterday the red headed guy behind the counter made it a point to tell me our dog ate well while he was there which was surprising since he usually doesn't eat much when he is away from us. So hearing this yesterday we did not feed him thinking he had eaten. First thing this morning we decided to feed him earlier then usual today since we had a busy day and he would not be able to eat until later then usual. As soon as his food was put down he vacuumed it right up. We were shocked as he has NEVER done this before.
He in fact ate twice today because he was starving which leaves us wondering if he even ate! Not to mention I usually at least get the ziplock containers in return from boarding and this time there was nothing in return to me. We highly doubt he even ate. If you love and care about your pet, DO NOT LEAVE THEM AT THIS PLACE. They are heartless or I would have gotten a call back by now.
I have never left my dogs at the PL in CP, but at the one on Freeman's Bridge Road in Sch'dy. They are under the same mgmt. Would NEVER bring them to any of the locations ! I searched for and found an amazing daycare 2 years ago after having horrible problems at PL and never looked back. I'm neither a disgruntled ex-employee nor an employee of any other daycare facility. Just a loving mom of 2 4-legged family members. You might be one of the lucky ones who has no problems with Pet Lodge - but why take the chance? Especially after so many people have suffered because of them.
Owner

Syracuse, NY

#48 Jun 27, 2012
Any and all concerns should be emailed to [email protected], along with a first and last name and your phone number. Anonymous complaints in cyberspace are impossible to verify or rectify. We take care of thousands of dogs and cats each year, and value each customer who comes to us.
Ronald

Amsterdam, NY

#49 Jul 23, 2012
I bring my boxer to daycare every week using both The Clifton Park and Glenville Locations. I love the staff, they're absolutely WONDERFUL! My dog loves them and cant go without his daycare. The Pet Lodges are a wonderful place to bring your dogs, I highly recommend them :)!
Pug Mom

Hudson, NY

#50 Sep 27, 2012
I have previously boarded my pug with Pet Lodge in the past. I did not have a good experience there and will not be going back. I did find a nice kennel in Middle Grove and have had great experience there. The staff is great and my dog always comes home happy and clean. I would recommend Milton Manor over Pet Lodge any day!
Happy dog

Saratoga Springs, NY

#51 Dec 28, 2013
The workers certainly seem happy and enjoy the dogs, but after a two day stay, my dog came back filthy and had lost two pounds, which, for his size, is significant. He also now has fleas. For the price I paid, I definitely expected more. Thanks for the $200 vet bill...
Evelyn

Clifton Park, NY

#52 Feb 10, 2014
Love, love, love Pet Lodge. The staff is fantastic and really seem to love the animals in their care. My dogs have come home happy, healthy and clean as we have them bathed the day of pickup. In addition to boarding, (webcams available to view your pet), you can put your dog in doggie daycare, get nature walks, one on one play, grooming, and cuddle and brush for cats.
Jenny

Naples, FL

#53 Mar 5, 2014
We came in town to spend time with family and had our 2 dogs stay at the Pet Lodge since they couldn't stay with our family. Our dogs were there for 11 days.

The place is immaculate, staff is great with the dogs and we were thrilled with the care. Our dogs were treated wonderfully.

I want to address all these negative posts here.....anyone with simple tech skills would be able to check and see that all of these posts are coming from the same ISP. Sounds to me like Pet Lodge has jealous competition or an angry past employee.

We woulc absolutely reccomend The Pet Lodge to our family and friends.
Dog Lover

Schenectady, NY

#54 Mar 19, 2014
We have used the Pet Lodge in Clifton Park several times over the last few years. Our dogs are well cared for and are always as healthy when we pick them up as they were when we dropped them off. We have taken advantage of the doggie day care as well as the one on one play time, nature walks and grooming. We have been 100% satisfied with the quality of the staff and the services.
Happy dog

Saratoga Springs, NY

#55 Mar 20, 2014
Try again, Jenny. I took my dog there once. And if you did indeed check the ISP then you would see I'm an individual. I just moved to Saratoga a year ago. I'm a biology professor. Sorry, I certainly wouldn't be an employee at Pet Lodge with a Ph.D. You really shouldn't make a blanket statement when you can't justify it.
Jenny wrote:
We came in town to spend time with family and had our 2 dogs stay at the Pet Lodge since they couldn't stay with our family. Our dogs were there for 11 days.
The place is immaculate, staff is great with the dogs and we were thrilled with the care. Our dogs were treated wonderfully.
I want to address all these negative posts here.....anyone with simple tech skills would be able to check and see that all of these posts are coming from the same ISP. Sounds to me like Pet Lodge has jealous competition or an angry past employee.
We woulc absolutely reccomend The Pet Lodge to our family and friends.
kageynrs

Glens Falls, NY

#56 Apr 1, 2014
I have used the Pet Lodge in CP for about 8 years, mainly for daycare. The only problem I have with them is their boarding prices are really high, so we keep our dog at home and have a friend stay at the house for about 1/2 the cost. Our last dog was a loner and would just stay in her corner and watch the others play. Occasionally she would join in and try to herd the dogs. Whenever I picked her up, though, she was always clean, never had any health problems from her daycare or boarding times at PLCP. Have a new little one, that I am taking for day care and socialization. Only problem, cant get the damn web cam on any of our computers. Don't know what the problem is. Tried ie,firefox, google chrome and safari. Wont work on any of them. But love the staff, especially Tom, the red haired guy.
Amygrace

Schenectady, NY

#57 May 28, 2015
I would never leave my dog there, ever ever. I visited several times after hours and once during the day. Big, loud barking dogs that would scare the daylights out of a small animal listening to that for hours. The big "playroom" is not very clean, can tell it wasn't disinfected, and the floor hasn't been painted in years. The place is shabby and the play equipment (ramps, stairs, etc) are filthy, obviously never hosed down or washed. Worst of all, each time I was there the smell was worse - dog feces! Although I didn't see any around the big room or outside pens, it obviously was coming from the back where all the overnight boarding dogs were housed. I saw dog vomit in an outdoor pen. Nope!
Dedith

Saratoga Springs, NY

#58 Jan 4, 2016
Negligence and Mistreatment
CERO STAR
I left my Yorkie at this NASTY place for 2 weeks (my first time experience) in excellent conditions when I came back from my vacation I picked my little dog up and he looked like an abandoned dog, miserable, his head looking down, was covered in feces and urine and his hair was all tangled. I had to take my little dog to the vet for a en examination and grooming. I am still waiting for GM to call me, so far CERO CALLS, CERO EMAILS. "HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE" IF YOU LOVE YOUR BEST FRIEND PLEASE DONT TAKE HIM/HER TO THIS DISGUSTING PLACE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 min Strong Black Man 21,273
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 3 hr Ole timer 187
News Racist lawyer: TV made me do it (Apr '12) 20 hr George 3
News Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should've resigned ove... 21 hr Trumps in the gutter 249
Ban Saratoga Harness Racing Dobson Coppola Deve... Dec 10 Stink it up 5
Guess Kovachick Kambrich Combined Head weight Dec 9 Arnie the Nub 10
Russian Distraction: Trump recognizes Jerusalem... Dec 6 Comey 1

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages