Review: Pet Lodge Of Clifton Park - pet boarding

Posted in the Troy Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
groomer

United States

#1 Mar 8, 2009
be careful looks good but stay away all are liars a dog was left out during winter all night and the people reponsable kept there jobs and the owner was not told also they put all dogs in one daycare room large and small up to 30 dogs with one person with dogs that are naughty they are put in kennels and still charged for daycare
Dog Lover

Schenectady, NY

#2 Mar 9, 2009
I love it there, it is very hard to believe that a dog was left out and the owner or business owner was not notified, I trust them all, the new Manager Lori is great and a animal lover as well, I will continue to go and trust them with my Samson.
love the petlodge

Rock City Falls, NY

#3 Mar 10, 2009
I have used the Petlodge for a long time and so have my friends. Never once have I had a problem!!! The staff is great and really care for the dogs. Maybe "groomer" should get their facts straight.
Warning

United States

#4 Mar 13, 2009
Our dog was covered in feces, had lost weight and looked like a nervous wreck after 5 days at Pet Lodge.
Their prices are expensive, the care bordering on neglect.
Once burned, twice shy!!!!!
Hate to say

Delmar, NY

#5 Mar 14, 2009
Hate to say but groomer is not far off the mark. If you trusting souls wish to place your dog there in the care of the inexperience that is your worry. It is unfortunate for the dogs that their time is limited in daycare and one rarely sees true interaction with the animals. The web cams give very poor visualization as to what is going on..so if you don't see it you don't know. As far as knowledge and experience- I doubt you would find much...Many places look nice in front of the desk but you as individuals who give the petlodge their income should look to a more caring and careful facility..Hey its not my animal, dog or cat..I would not even think of placing my animals under their care--even my pet mouse if I had one. Everyone has to be nice up front for the owners benefit--hey that is public relations...cover may be attractive but book is not one I would want to read. Thankyou to Groomer and Warning for they are seeing the side that is the truth. By the way the amount you pay for their inhouse care definitely could go to better use for your beloved pets..If they could talk they to would have something to say on their behalf.....this all I have to say and it will be my only posting..Good luck to all the four legged animals that we love so much....
Puppy People

Schenectady, NY

#6 Mar 15, 2009
I hear goods and bads about this place , are there other places that are in the area.
halfmoon posting found

Delmar, NY

#7 Mar 15, 2009
1 Star Rating: Poor
My bulldog was severely injured at Pet Lodges
by BMcPhail
October 30, 2008
My 10 month old bulldog Diesel was severely injured while at Pet Lodges. When he came home from a weeklong stay at Pet Lodges, his head, neck and jowls were covered with dog bites. His injuries required 4 vet visits, anaesthesia, steroid and antibiotic shots, and antibiotics. His neck is now covered with scars.
To make matters worse, the owner of Pet Lodges was unresponsive, uncaring and at times, downright rude. He returned none of my calls until I threatened to bring him to court and at that point yelled and swore at me over the phone. Entirely unprofessional.
If I could I would give Pet Lodges zero stars. If you love your dog, do some research and send them somewhere else!
to the puppy people

Delmar, NY

#8 Mar 15, 2009
you say you are puppy people. My advice to you is just call around to see who is bonded(insured) and has a solid background..in caring for pets. All dogs owners I think want their dog socialized but you need an individual who can teach your dog whatever age to be the dog that fits comfortablely into your home...I would number one check with your vet...burnt hills vet I think now offers classes..but I am not sure about that. Just call around at all vets or animal areas they may be able to give you a lead as to the best place for daycare or otherwise....There are people who are bonded that can help you train your pup if that is the case...so just keep searching..there is also a place near exit 12 which my neighbor uses for day care with their border collie -and he is not an easy dude..but the dog likes it_I think is on route 9 near exit 12( not petlodge for sure)
love the petlodge

Rock City Falls, NY

#9 Mar 16, 2009
HAHA to you angry EX employees. Just because you lost your jobs for doing unexceptable work don't try to trash the Petlodge. By the way, we know who you are!!!! So, you can stop your silly comments.
Puppy people

Albany, NY

#10 Mar 18, 2009
Thanks for the advice (Hate To Say), I did take a walk through 2 of the local Pet Lodges and was very impressed, the people there are all pet lovers I found and asked to see thier pets, mainly, dogs/puppies, I rate the care very well due to the condition of the dogs I have seen and the overwhelming high recommendations from people in the local dog care world. Thanks for the lead on the other location but it looked a little to cramped.
I know the truth

Livermore, ME

#11 Apr 6, 2009
Hey, "loves the pet lodge", just out of curiosity, how are you loving Matt Sames? Mr. Micro-Management himself?
I happened to quit that dump of my own volition, and never have regretted it. The money laundering and IRS scamming that went on in that place was vile and appalling. You may think you "love it there", but really, you are obviously so far up the Sames' ass, you can't see straight.
Karyn Zorn

Troy, NY

#12 May 4, 2009
I brought my two weimers there for years. NEVER had an issue w/the Clifton Park, NY PetLodge. From the owner to the part-time high school workers, they all were true animal lovers who CARED for my boyz. They also spent a week there while we went on vacation and came home happy and healthy. I paid more $ than other places to keep them there, but it was worth every penny. I also know they have fired staff there for good reasons and believe most of these negative comments are from them. All I can tell you is from firsthand experience, I highly recommend them.
Nice try Karen

Livermore, ME

#13 May 4, 2009
Aww...too bad you gave up your dogs.
dog lover

Schenectady, NY

#14 Jul 20, 2009
you really need to get a life. I have been their several times, never had a problem, did you ever think your dog was sick before you boarded them????? How ignorant!!!!!
dog lover

Schenectady, NY

#15 Jul 20, 2009
Hi Miss "I know the truth"..... you are really deparate HUH???? Money laundring and IRS scams, you can't be very educated if you think thats going on....NO ONE can get away with that stuff and you just have a chipon your shoulder because you were a lazy worker and got fired...really come on now, I realize your young,but it is time to grow up sweetie, we all know who you are. Take care and hopefully you never work with animals again.
Amazing

New York, NY

#16 Jul 28, 2009
dog lover wrote:
Hi Miss "I know the truth"..... you are really deparate HUH???? Money laundring and IRS scams, you can't be very educated if you think thats going on....NO ONE can get away with that stuff and you just have a chipon your shoulder because you were a lazy worker and got fired...really come on now, I realize your young,but it is time to grow up sweetie, we all know who you are. Take care and hopefully you never work with animals again.
I can't get over how everything you said is so inherently wrong. 1.) I am educated, I have a BS in science 2.) The only reason they have gotten away with it is because I still have the evidence in hand in a folder labeled "Pet Lodge" for rainy day 3.) I wasn't fired, I quit because of the constant illegal things going on 2.) I am over 30, young in some eyes 4.) Lazy, I don't think so. That place was never as good as when I was there 5.) If you know who I am, then you would know everything you said is false 6.) I do work with animals and I do my job with 100% dedication, care, and compassion,and lastly 7.) Take a continuing education class to learn proper English and grammar. I believe that makes you the uneducated one, not me.
Karyn Zorn Clifton Park

Troy, NY

#17 Aug 14, 2009
Nice try Karen wrote:
Aww...too bad you gave up your dogs.
Yes, "Ms. CANADA", afraid to show who you truly are or where you're from!?(obviously local!) Coward. If you had any knowledge BEHIND your ignorant comment, you'd realize how, with a divorce and apartment living, my 2 huge weims could not be happy in that situation with no room to run and the attention they DESERVE! Yes, I had to give my boyz up, to an unbelievably amazing family who took them both and treat them like the awesome dogs they are! I did it for their benefit, not mine, and cried harder the day they left than the day my X did. So make your snide little comment, "X PET LODGER LOSER", but try getting the facts straight before you make an a-hole out of yourself again. Try spelling my name right too, unlike u, I'm not afraid of publishing it.
Amanda Hutton

Schenectady, NY

#18 Oct 25, 2009
I have brought my dog to the Pet Lodge tons of times, and i love it there, the employees are great and i just love Matt!! I don't know what you people are talking about but the Pet Lodge is a wonderful place to bring your pet!!
kayla ball

Schenectady, NY

#19 Oct 26, 2009
when you bring your child to daycare and he comes home with a scraped knee, do you go ballistic at the teachers? no! you chalk it up to "kids being kids"! news flash--dogs play harder than kids! a few scratches here and there are to be expected! from my personal experience there, the staff is trained, has supplies to clean any scratches or cuts, constantly supervises the animals, and genuinely care and love their jobs. as in any profession, there will always be the occasional "bad apple" employee and i know they have fired several of those through the years. i am confident in the staff to care for my pets (i have 3 dogs that go there regularly). some of the dogs that have gone there (i have seen in the lobby) are sick/crippled when they go in with a shopping list of medications they take. people need to take responsibility for their own pets, instead of trying to blame people that are doing the best they can to care for their sick pets. overall, though, i think the staff at the petlodge do a wonderful job and love the animals they work with and wouldn't want anything to happen to them, either.
Lucy s Mom

Schenectady, NY

#20 Nov 3, 2009
Our lab has been staying at the Pet Lodge for at least two weeks every year for the pst 5 years and we never had any problems with her care. She is always happy and healthy when we pick her up. The only problem we had was with them taking her to doggy daycare during her stay but once they realized that we were responsible dog owners that checked on our pet via the web cameras, that problem came to a quick end..We have always been very happy there and so has Lucy!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Man in Clifton Park car fire critical at burn c... Tue actually 3
Kmart's 5 remaining stores to stay open (Feb '14) Oct 20 Joker 2
Some gay-rights foes claim they now are bullied (Jun '11) Oct 19 Anonymous 12,365
Pittsfield petition calls for topless sunbathing (Dec '07) Oct 19 Anonymous 2,852
Debate: Gay Marriage - Albany, NY (Jul '10) Oct 19 Anonymous 1,606
Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Oct 19 Anonymous 442
Troy Dating
Find my Match

Troy Jobs

Troy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Troy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Troy

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]