At a loss....for parking.

At a loss....for parking.

Posted in the Troy Forum

Since: Oct 11

Troy, NY

#1 Oct 29, 2011
Hello all,

I am at the end of my rope with an issue I am having with a neighbor. I bought a house in Troy around 7 years ago and now I am just thinking this was one big mistake. There is only on street parking on this street for us because there is a retaining wall in front of our house, leaving us to park in front of other peoples houses.
Well, the first parking spot to go was the council womens mothers house who put an official looking " no parking driveway" sign in front of the curb and sidewalk. After that went up, the two "no parking Handicapped" signs appeared, now we only have one parking spot left, of course the elderly woman who hasn't driven in 20 years complains on a daily basis, so she has her son move in and they are now in the process of ripping up the curb and "extending" the driveway they already have to a 2 car driveway effectively taking away the only spot left.
I have complained to the mayor, code & zoning, in the end Code Enforcement told us we have to claim to the parking spot and to leave the neighbors alone. Really? We have no right to the spot, but they can take one away? I was not trying to stake a claim to the parking spot, just to point out that there isn't any left to allow an extended driveway with a cut curb.
Unfortunatly, we are going to have to move now. We will buy a house after my son graduates HS in the spring and buy a home outside of Troy with a driveway. I will rent the house to the first person that comes up with the rent and wants to live on a busline, maybe Section 8 or DSS.
Has anyone else on here had a similar experience? Let me know what you think, I need some clairity.
Thanks!!
Reward

United States

#2 Oct 31, 2011
It is just a bad thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ban Saratoga Harness Racing Dobson Coppola Deve... 2 hr May Randull 8
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 4 hr Trumps Army 218
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr ICE 21,306
News Jermayne Timmons Indicted on Five Counts in Kat... (Jul '08) Dec 13 SDT 20
News Racist lawyer: TV made me do it (Apr '12) Dec 12 George 3
News Gillibrand: Bill Clinton should've resigned ove... Dec 12 Trumps in the gutter 249
Review: Cottage Street Apartments (May '13) Nov 29 Trudy 6

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages