Denise

Woburn, MA

#28 Oct 19, 2009
I am looking for a book written on the Troy Boys who committed the Tewsksbury murders. Does anyone know the name of the book or where I can get it?
Debbie

Westfield, NY

#29 Nov 7, 2009
Mark wrote:
I grew up in troy during the time of the "Troy Boys" and actually lived below the leader's apartment on School St from 1974 - 1976.
I can tell of a couple of things if you respond back.
I remember you well, Mark and your sister TONY YOU WERE SUCH CUTE KIDS.I HOPE YOU DONT REMEMBER TO MUCH AS IT WASENT A VERY HAPPY TIME.
Debbie k

Westfield, NY

#30 Nov 7, 2009
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
My father is one of the boys. What can you tell me about him. I'm trying to find out if he is still alive.
i KNOW MOST OF THEM WHICH ONE IS YOUR fATHER?
Tina

Averill Park, NY

#31 Nov 19, 2009
I am the daughter of Robert Wilson..... what do you people want to know?????
Matt Davis

Rockville, MD

#32 Nov 19, 2009
My father was a police officer, volunteered for TEASI and Meadowood during the 70s. He has since passed away and honestly alot of weirdness was going on back then that I still do not understand. I am interested in any info anyone might have or remembers.

We lived on School Street for a time and became really good friends with one of the "troy boys" family.(We meaning the kids - there were 8 of us)
Tina

Averill Park, NY

#33 Nov 19, 2009
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up in Troy,NH. I lived there in 1975-1976, when the "Troy Boys" were active. Only one lived in Troy, but they hung around the Troy town common harassing people. People thought at the time that they were typical small town thugs. A pain, but no real threat to people.
They killed 6 people. Two elderly women in Winchester,NH. were robbed and beaten with a blunt object. One of these ladies died as a result of her injuries. Then they killed a doctor, his wife and son on New Years Eve 1975. They were looking for cash and jewelry. On March 24, 1976 they robbed, beat and killed the owner of an auto body shop in Greenfield,MA. They also shot his bookkeeper in the head. They were caught because of an armed robbery of the Black Lantern Restaurant in Marlborough, NH.
Robert Wilson and Robert Smith both of Keene, NH were given many life sentences. Terrance Milan of Jaffrey, Michael Renz both of Keene testified for the prosecution at the trials. Donald Wilson of Troy was the driver.
seems u read too much media crap some of this is true Not the first part of it....sorry you were misinformed
Troy Boys the terrorists

Northborough, MA

#34 Nov 20, 2009
The Troy Boys terrorized businesses in the Cheshire County area and beyond. I can personally atest to the fact that my dad had a loaded hand gun in his desk drawer when they visited his establishment. As a matter of fact, I can remember him telling me about the day that the Troy Boys came in and were playing with shoe laces. Which I believe were the same shoe laces used in the New Years killing in Tewksbury where the family was tied up with shoe laces and executed by the troy boys. It was a very grim time, and knowing the Troy PD at the time not a fun one.
Tina

Averill Park, NY

#35 Nov 20, 2009
Troy Boys the terrorists wrote:
The Troy Boys terrorized businesses in the Cheshire County area and beyond. I can personally atest to the fact that my dad had a loaded hand gun in his desk drawer when they visited his establishment. As a matter of fact, I can remember him telling me about the day that the Troy Boys came in and were playing with shoe laces. Which I believe were the same shoe laces used in the New Years killing in Tewksbury where the family was tied up with shoe laces and executed by the troy boys. It was a very grim time, and knowing the Troy PD at the time not a fun one.

I would like to know where you got your information from??? It's wrong, shoelaces???? LMAO now that's interesting please, tell me more I'm curious to see what ppl THINK they know......I'm waiting...
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE YOU GOT YOUR INFORMATION FROM.....ITS SO WRONG, SHOELACES NOW THIS IS GETTING INTERESTING, PLEASE TELL ME SOME MORE INTERESTING LIES.......I'M WAITING.....
Tina

Averill Park, NY

#36 Nov 20, 2009
JIM wrote:
I lived in Troy from 1951 to 1969 I know
well things got out of hand after those dates so....how & what is it that you know???
Dee

Montpelier, VT

#37 Nov 22, 2009
Matt Davis wrote:
My father was a police officer, volunteered for TEASI and Meadowood during the 70s. He has since passed away and honestly alot of weirdness was going on back then that I still do not understand. I am interested in any info anyone might have or remembers.
We lived on School Street for a time and became really good friends with one of the "troy boys" family.(We meaning the kids - there were 8 of us)
matt what family were you good friends with,that was a Troy Boy

Since: Nov 09

Potomac, MD

#38 Nov 22, 2009
We were good friends with the Wilson family. We lived on School Street in the apartment below. Tina is Robert Wilson's daughter, and she was (is) our age. Her brother and mother were there too, but Tina was practically one of us.

My dad was Gordon Davis. I never asked him specifically about his involvement with the Troy Boys gang. I think it must have been a very tense time for everyone and the adults kept alot of the details from us. I don't even think I knew back then what Tina's dad was involved in, I just knew he was in jail for something "bad". Ah...to be an innocent-thinking kid again...!

My dad left the police force in Troy over some controversy around the chief (LeGrenade) and his ex-wife's new husband (Ramos). It was a long, drawn-out court battle that, frankly, my dad finally gave up and left town. My last memories of Troy are of me playing in the yard while hearing the typewriter going inside while my dad prepared his paperwork for court. We could probably start a completely new Troy-topic about that.

But, my memories from Troy are wide-ranging! I can say tho, adding it all up and taking a look from an elevated perspective, it was a great time and we all got some great experiences out of our time there. I go back every year and it is very heart-warming to ride thru town and see things. I brag often that I learned how to swim in the water from one of the federal SuperFund sites!
Tina

Averill Park, NY

#39 Nov 23, 2009
Mark wrote:
I grew up in troy during the time of the "Troy Boys" and actually lived below the leader's apartment on School St from 1974 - 1976.
I can tell of a couple of things if you respond back.

how are you & your family doing?? do you remember me?
Rob

Jaffrey, NH

#40 Nov 26, 2009
Tina wrote:
<quoted text>
seems u read too much media crap some of this is true Not the first part of it....sorry you were misinformed
How was I misinformed? What information do I have wrong? I lived through those scums terrorizing the people of that town.
Tina

Averill Park, NY

#41 Nov 27, 2009
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
How was I misinformed? What information do I have wrong? I lived through those scums terrorizing the people of that town.
I see how you think of them as scums as a lot of people will, however people are not perfect and it has been many years.....don't you believe in second chances?? Have you ever been given a second chance? If so I bet you are greatful for it? ANYWAY..... back to the topic, they never beat 2 winchester elderly woman, the owner of the auto body shop got his throat slashed and the bookkeeper was not there, the Dr. his wife and son is true, they did not get caught because of a robbery at the Black Lantern, they got caught because the Commonwealth of Mass "paid" Terry & Don to "testify" against the others,(mainly Robert Wilson) by the way Terry was never paid and he rewrote his testimony stating the actual facts and that he was to be paid to "lie"......Don's testimony has been recanted and cannot be used because of "mental issues" & the way they terrorized him during interrogation to get him to say what "they" wanted, and they were ALL sent to prison EXCEPT Don, and the ONLY Troy Boy that remains in prison is Robert Wilson.
David

Nashville, TN

#42 Dec 18, 2009
Wow...this brings back memories; I was a young radio news director at WKBK in Keene when the Troy Boys were doing their thing, and covered several of their trials, including one at the Cheshire County Courthouse (I believe that was a robbery trial)...as well as the infamous Mahoney murder trial down in Lowell. I had just been googling info on this b/c a few years ago, I had heard that someone was writing a book on the Mahoney murders, but apparently it has never been published. Anyway, I haven't been back that way in years, but remember Troy fairly well. I remember covering something once in the old white church at the head of the square. Does anyone know what happened to all of the Troy Boys? Are Robert Wilson and Robert Smith the only ones still doing time? What happened to Milan and Renz. I gather Donald Wilson got a lighter sentence for turning state's evidence.
David

Nashville, TN

#43 Dec 18, 2009
Sorry, didn't see Tina's information before posting.
Keene Girl

Apopka, FL

#44 Dec 18, 2009
I had moved from Keene before this happened. I went to the same high school (Keene High) as Michael Renz. Just before the news broke a city council member told me that Renz was the leader of the gang and the other gang members were afraid of him. There is no doubt in my mind that this is true. If you had seen him walk down the halls of the school you would believe it too. His entire body language and his walk screamed of rage. He was a bomb about to explode. Renze was a frightening person. Are there any links to the NH crimes?
Tina

Averill Park, NY

#45 Dec 19, 2009
David wrote:
Wow...this brings back memories; I was a young radio news director at WKBK in Keene when the Troy Boys were doing their thing, and covered several of their trials, including one at the Cheshire County Courthouse (I believe that was a robbery trial)...as well as the infamous Mahoney murder trial down in Lowell. I had just been googling info on this b/c a few years ago, I had heard that someone was writing a book on the Mahoney murders, but apparently it has never been published. Anyway, I haven't been back that way in years, but remember Troy fairly well. I remember covering something once in the old white church at the head of the square. Does anyone know what happened to all of the Troy Boys? Are Robert Wilson and Robert Smith the only ones still doing time? What happened to Milan and Renz. I gather Donald Wilson got a lighter sentence for turning state's evidence.
Smith passed away while serving his time Renz & Milan are out & haved moved on living their lives. Donald Wilson never got time & Robert Wilson remains incarcerated in Mass.
David

Nashville, TN

#46 Dec 19, 2009
Denise wrote:
I am looking for a book written on the Troy Boys who committed the Tewsksbury murders. Does anyone know the name of the book or where I can get it?
I just remembered there was a Lowell Sun article back at the end of 2005, which you can get by going to the Lowell Sun website, under "archives", that said:

This article is based on material from Raymond McArdle's nonfiction novel Death Has Come, which he is in the process of writing.

The writer's name was listed as Raymond C. McArdle; however, I googled it and found nothing, so perhaps the book has never been published. I also think I may have seen a post about the book on an old Court TV message board (now TruTV), and if memory serves, I believe I learned from Raymond in a posting that he was thinking of changing the title to, "The House On Whipple Road.
Dave from Madbury

Dover, NH

#47 Jan 3, 2010
Tina

If you are ineterested I have come across a couple of pictures of your dad as a young man not sure age when he went on vacation with my family in Florida, have a picture of him, my dad sisiter couple of others in front of a fish board with the catch from a charter boat. Also some taken around the Black Lantern while he worked for my dad.

Dave

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.H. AG: Police Shooting of Peterborough Man Wa... Thu Sharon 2
dirty snapchat names (Feb '15) Jul 8 Add me 4
the music thread (Mar '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 22
my script needs help!! Mar '16 JoshTheScriptWriter 1
News Cruz embraces supporters on fringe of GOP Feb '16 spud 95
News Clinton defends progressive record against Sand... Feb '16 okimar 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Grunt56 31

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages