Jo-Ann Fabrics posted NO FireArms sign
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
I Carry Everywhere

O Fallon, MO

#82 Sep 21, 2012
ProCCW wrote:
<quoted text>I would prefer to carry open. Although we' are an open carry state, open carry laws vary between municipalities. Here in town, I can not open carry.

Are you referring to Troy?
If you are, just for your information, open carry is legal.
I'm not asking for you to identify where you live, I'm just making sure you understand that it is legal in Troy.

Since: Mar 12

O Fallon, MO

#83 Sep 22, 2012
I Carry Everywhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to Troy?
If you are, just for your information, open carry is legal.
I'm not asking for you to identify where you live, I'm just making sure you understand that it is legal in Troy.
I'm not in Troy, but did not know they allowed open carry. I Don't usually bother to open carry anyway ( except down south). I have been told some people would get squeamish. But that has not been my experience. The extent of my open carry is just not bothering to keep my IWB covered. Female fashion does not lend well to concealed carry. The opition of purse carry....is well.. A bit cumbersome and not very safe in my opinion.. I had to choose a weapon with a slim profile, reqjuiring more practice with accuracy. Would rather carry my 1911 but that would not conceal very well on me. Would be nice if open carry was more readily excepted like it is down south.
chop

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#84 Sep 23, 2012
ProCCW wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not in Troy, but did not know they allowed open carry. I Don't usually bother to open carry anyway ( except down south). I have been told some people would get squeamish. But that has not been my experience. The extent of my open carry is just not bothering to keep my IWB covered. Female fashion does not lend well to concealed carry. The opition of purse carry....is well.. A bit cumbersome and not very safe in my opinion.. I had to choose a weapon with a slim profile, reqjuiring more practice with accuracy. Would rather carry my 1911 but that would not conceal very well on me. Would be nice if open carry was more readily excepted like it is down south.
....the fact that you drag around a heavy and low capacty 1911 shows you just want the fun of having a gun on you. there are much better ccw guns.
I Carry Everywhere

O Fallon, MO

#85 Sep 23, 2012
chop wrote:
<quoted text>....the fact that you drag around a heavy and low capacty 1911 shows you just want the fun of having a gun on you. there are much better ccw guns.
I don't think you paid attention to what she actually wrote.

Since: Mar 12

Foristell, MO

#86 Sep 23, 2012
<quoted text>
I don't think you paid attention to what she actually wrote.
Your right. The 1911 is much too heavy for me to carry around. I just like the 1911 better and wish I could carry it. I have a slim profiled compact 9 for my CCW. Compact weapons are just harder to shoot with the same accuracy as a full sized pistol.
I Carry Everywhere

O Fallon, MO

#87 Sep 23, 2012
chop wrote:
<quoted text>....the fact that you drag around a heavy and low capacty 1911 shows you just want the fun of having a gun on you. there are much better ccw guns.
The "best" ccw weapon is what fits and works best for any given individual.
I know several folks who carry 1911's, and it isn't for the "fun of having a gun on you."
It fits and works well for them for self-defense.

The "fact" that you read without actually paying attention to what is written, doesn't give your opinion any credibility with me.
I Carry Everywhere

O Fallon, MO

#88 Sep 24, 2012
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1846471836001/mask...

McDonald's of all places.
You know, where you take your kids for a "Happy Meal"
Pay particular attention to the woman's comment at the end.

Nah, it isn't because we are "afraid."
It because of the reality of today's society.
The ones who are afraid are the ones cowering in fear for their lives.
chop

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#89 Sep 24, 2012
<quoted text>
The "best" ccw weapon is what fits and works best for any given individual.
I know several folks who carry 1911's, and it isn't for the "fun of having a gun on you."
It fits and works well for them for self-defense.
The "fact" that you read without actually paying attention to what is written, doesn't give your opinion any credibility with me.
....even with open carry why would you use a 1911. 7 shots? maybe an extended mag and get a few more. It doesent make sense. A glock would be less intimidating but more effective. If your going for show just hang a .44 mag on your side and walk with a limp.
I Carry Everywhere

O Fallon, MO

#90 Sep 24, 2012
chop wrote:
<quoted text>....even with open carry why would you use a 1911. 7 shots? maybe an extended mag and get a few more. It doesent make sense. A glock would be less intimidating but more effective. If your going for show just hang a .44 mag on your side and walk with a limp.
I wouldn't. Some do.
As far as mag. capacity, the sub compacts are only going to give you 6-10 rounds. So practice is important.
But then, that is why they make mag. holders.
Still, it is what works for the individual.
williamdavidtipt on

Detroit, MI

#91 Apr 16, 2015
Debate this wrote:
<quoted text>
Proccw enters my place of business, exercising as he defines his right. It is clearly posted at the entrance that firearms are not allowed.
At the checkout, it is discovered that Proccw has on his person a firearm. The clerk, seeing this, feels threatened and calls management and security. Security confronts Proccw with weapons drawn, pointing at Proccw.
Proccw confirms he is carrying, is lead from the place of business in handcuffs for violating the law.
Now...wasn't that all worth the total embarrassment for a few yards of fabric.
Proccw, I wouldn't want your business....at any price or cost.
well that's just fine honey because there are a lot more companies that don't post than there are of you few that do. In my big city here on this side of town there might be three places that are posted. so please understand if I'm not crying because. 1% of you post
williamdavidtipt on

Detroit, MI

#92 Apr 16, 2015
<quoted text>
There is NO LAW that state that you cannot carry into a business that has a sign posted.
Private businesses are NOT among the restricted areas under current Conceal Carry law.
If you are ASKED to leave the premises by management and you refuse, you can be arrested for trespassing. Trespassing has nothing to do with Conceal Carry law.
The restriction on the carrying of a firearm into a private business is a BUSINESS POLICY, not a law.
One could be arrested for trespassing in many other scenarios not related to firearms.
I just wanted to add clarity to your statement.
As for me, I am more concerned about my personal safety, and that of my family,than I am respectful of the sign on the door.
That is just me.
I am not willing to take the chance of an open door invitation for violence to put me in jeopardy for the empty thought of "respecting a business decision."
I'm not sure where you live but in the state of Ohio where I live. Sign carries the weight of law and it is criminal trespass to knowingly go into a business that is posted
williamdavidtipt on

Detroit, MI

#93 Apr 16, 2015
Debate this wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so wrong. In fact, I support current firearm laws. I do not support the position that CCW grant "super" proviliges as is being argued by PROCCW.
If you want to live in a society that is ruled by guns rather than the rule of law, then go live some other place. In this country, the law is the rule, not someone with a gun.
and the rule of law is overridden by the criminal with the gun every time just ask all those dead people
Heat Packin granny

Virginia Beach, VA

#94 May 16, 2015
This whole thread is so ridiculous. We're talking about a fabric store. I'd be willing to bet there haven't been any felonies such as robbery in any fabric stores in the last decade. Too many grandmas with scissors would scare most young punks...that would by the way likely stand out like a vegan hippie at a BBQ championship in Texas. And the post that stated their top notch "security" would hold them with weapons drawn reminds me of the movie Next Friday. Don't think you'll be seeing many fabric stores with tiny profit margins hiring armed security as an essential overhead. Most pro CCW people are law abiding citizens that don't want to become a statistic. If they can't properly 'conceal' their weapon , perhaps they need more 'fabric.' But they definitely wouldn't choose that store to spend their dollars. Perhaps just go in open carry. No law in Missouri against that.
Im Thinking

Warrenton, MO

#95 May 17, 2015
williamdavidtipton wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure where you live but in the state of Ohio where I live. Sign carries the weight of law and it is criminal trespass to knowingly go into a business that is posted
I ignore the signs and choose to conceal carry everywhere. In Missouri, a sign is a sign. As it was posted, if you are asked to leave and refuse, you are trespassing.
But carrying a firearm into a business that has a sign (or doesn't) is not a crime.
So, you have a choice.
With open carry laws, as they are now, I find myself doing that more often. The businesses that I frequent haven't had anything to say to me so all is good. I get a lot of stares and sometimes questions from folks, but basically am ignored.
Common sense

Old Monroe, MO

#96 May 17, 2015
Im Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
I ignore the signs and choose to conceal carry everywhere. In Missouri, a sign is a sign. As it was posted, if you are asked to leave and refuse, you are trespassing.
But carrying a firearm into a business that has a sign (or doesn't) is not a crime.
So, you have a choice.
With open carry laws, as they are now, I find myself doing that more often. The businesses that I frequent haven't had anything to say to me so all is good. I get a lot of stares and sometimes questions from folks, but basically am ignored.
Yes, you are to be ignored.
Im Thinking

Warrenton, MO

#97 May 17, 2015
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are to be ignored.
Thank you.
That's exactly how I want it to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
my favorite memory of troy...... (May '10) 3 hr Nostalgia lane 122
Will Wommack do her job? 6 hr Who cares 12
Trump truck Fri Fact 30
The Coming Lawsuits Fri Legal Beagle 1
Leah Wommack Askey is going to Prison Jan 19 One who Knows 70
Obamacare abolished Jan 18 Nutty Bar 2
lctp Jan 17 LCTP 1

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance