Lincoln Co. 2012: Its Gonna Be UGLY!

Posted in the Troy Forum

Accounting Time

United States

#1 Apr 16, 2011
The 2012 elections in Lincoln County are going to be UGLY! Elected officials are going to be held PUBLICLY accountable for their incompetence and breaking of the law.
County Commissioner arrested for illegally buying drugs. Also failing to speak out on Hancock and Sunshine violations.
State Rep claiming to be "100%" Pro-Life and accepting $ from abortion supporters.
County Assessor accepting "extra pay" from municipalities. He did turn it into the General Fund, but the public will decide.
Several other local officials will have their conduct in office exposed. For many of the Good Ol Boys, it will be their last hurrah!
Accounting Time

United States

#2 Apr 16, 2011
Forgot that it does not matter if you are Democrat or Republican. Or if your family has lived here for multiple generations.

YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!
Fubar county

Saint Peters, MO

#3 Apr 16, 2011
Well, just move back to St. Louis. This is how we do things around here. You are a newbe, no seniority therefore no opinion. We will be just fine without you. Bye Bye.
Fubar County

Saint Peters, MO

#4 Apr 16, 2011
I'm the real FUBAR and yes, I am FUBAR! So nock it off!
FUBAR County

United States

#5 Apr 17, 2011
Fubar County wrote:
I'm the real FUBAR and yes, I am FUBAR! So nock it off!
You have been out sniffing the Round Up again, haven't you? Didn't daddy tell you to stay away from agricultural chemicals?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 Apr 17, 2011
The whole country is going to be ugly! The repubs will fall flat on their faces trying to figure a way to defeat Obama and local party fighting in each state.
Fix It

Irving, TX

#7 Apr 17, 2011
Yes, many things will come to light; the Treasurer will more than likely lose her seat because of her foul mouth and bad temper. I have heard several qualified Republicans will run against her in the primary. Even though the contract was legal for the Assessor people are in an uproar over the extra money. Special Ed., well who knows about his next antics? The Associate Commissioners seats are up for grabs, let’s see who files or announces early they are running for the slots. I hear Mike Clynch will try for Bass's seat, even though he made a failed run against Big Eddie last year. Also, would Mr. Hunt please step up to the plate and run for Commissioner, perhaps also David Henke! Hopefully the newly divorced Auditor can make it to the end of her term without returning to a mental health care unit as was the case years ago.
Slander

United States

#8 Apr 17, 2011
Fix It wrote:
Yes, many things will come to light; the Treasurer will more than likely lose her seat because of her foul mouth and bad temper. I have heard several qualified Republicans will run against her in the primary. Even though the contract was legal for the Assessor people are in an uproar over the extra money. Special Ed., well who knows about his next antics? The Associate Commissioners seats are up for grabs, let’s see who files or announces early they are running for the slots. I hear Mike Clynch will try for Bass's seat, even though he made a failed run against Big Eddie last year. Also, would Mr. Hunt please step up to the plate and run for Commissioner, perhaps also David Henke! Hopefully the newly divorced Auditor can make it to the end of her term without returning to a mental health care unit as was the case years ago.
Slander and libel are running amuck as usual!
Not Cool

Saint Charles, MO

#9 Apr 17, 2011
Fix It wrote:
You were spot on until you mentioned a personal health issue regarding the Auditor. Don't go personal, stay professional. Comments made about the doper commissioner are acceptable because he was in public office and was arrested for buying drugs illegally. That is different from the (legal)personal medical problems of the Auditor. Don't do there. Let's play fair.
Fix It

Irving, TX

#10 Apr 17, 2011
Slander wrote:
<quoted text>
Slander and libel are running amuck as usual!
While greater that 50% of the comments on here meet your level of "slander and libel" the fact are the facts true statements. True the Treasurer has a habit of using foul language and ask the Auditor herself she doesn't hide it......However, I agree all should stick to the issues at hand running county government.

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. It is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]

In common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false,[2][not specific enough to verify] and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images.[3] Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person. "Unlike [with] libel, truth is not a defense for invasion of privacy."[4][not verified in body]

Fix It

Irving, TX

#11 Apr 17, 2011
Not Cool wrote:
<quoted text>
You were spot on until you mentioned a personal health issue regarding the Auditor. Don't go personal, stay professional. Comments made about the doper commissioner are acceptable because he was in public office and was arrested for buying drugs illegally. That is different from the (legal)personal medical problems of the Auditor. Don't do there. Let's play fair.
I clearly see your point and will refrain from those type comments in the future. We must all look to the future of running the county.. I do apologize for everyone that has been offended.

There are several ways a person must go about proving that libel has taken place. For example, in the United States, the person first must prove that the statement was false. Second, that person must prove that the statement caused harm. And, third, they must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. These steps are for an ordinary citizen. In the case of a celebrity or public official trying to prove libel, they must prove the first three steps, and must (in the United States) prove the statement was made with the intent to do harm, or with reckless disregard for the truth.[17]
Raspbery Baret

Irving, TX

#12 Apr 17, 2011
So, does anyone have a plan for 2012?
In the Know Norman

Saint Peters, MO

#13 Apr 17, 2011
As for the 2012 elections we need to get it right this time. We should vote for the right person and not be concerned with their party affiliation. As for Associate Commissioners, Matt Bass certainly needs to go! He should have done the right thing and resigned when he was caught with his nose in the druggie jar. End of story. He also brings nothing to our county as for as education or stabality. All he wants is the money and medical insurance as he already has stated previously. Sell more hamburgers and buy your own insurance Mr. Bass. By the way, whatever happened to that back operation that you were suppose to get? Lincoln County wants to know!
In the Know Norman

Saint Peters, MO

#14 Apr 17, 2011
As for Mr. Bishop, our County Assessor, it is true that he did not take the so called "Bonus' money this year. However, he is guilty of taking it all of the previous years! That means that he probably pocketed approximately $20,000 or more of "Bonus money (Your tax dollars) in the previous years. You decide if you think that he makes good decisions. I do not. Remember that "A NEW BROOM SWEEPS CLEAN!" Lets get it right in 2012.
Word On The Street

United States

#15 Apr 18, 2011
2012 will not be clear until redistricting is decided. Special Ed wants to be a State Senator, BADLY! Chances are his House District will be sliced and diced, leaving him out of the loop and out of luck.

Then there is the Court House. Someone mentioned Mike Clynch running against Matt Bass for Commissioner. However a new House or Senate Dist might have him run for those. Especially if Henke wants to run against Matt.

The other County positions are 4 years, so no change until 2014, baring a resignation. We might be a First Class County by then changing the rules.

Will someone run against Kevin Bishop? Interesting development.

Then you have the perpetual candidate Jim Volmert who has yet to win an election. He might try and run for a "new" House Seat, but given the Republican landslide in the last election, he has little chance, especially as a "pro-Life" Democrat.

Maybe a dark horse weil come out of the woodwork, but that is HIGHLY unlikely given the name recognition of other people and the poor showing of the Dems last year!

Anyone want to bet that at least SOME Dems change to Republicans?
Honest Lincoln County

Tampa, FL

#16 Apr 19, 2011
When is the Auditor Postion up? I know she just took office, but it can't come too soon!
Honest Lincoln County

Tampa, FL

#17 Apr 19, 2011
Fix It wrote:
<quoted text>
While greater that 50% of the comments on here meet your level of "slander and libel" the fact are the facts true statements. True the Treasurer has a habit of using foul language and ask the Auditor herself she doesn't hide it......However, I agree all should stick to the issues at hand running county government.
Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. It is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]
In common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false,[2][not specific enough to verify] and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images.[3] Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person. "Unlike [with] libel, truth is not a defense for invasion of privacy."[4][not verified in body]
Why would it is not Cool to Bring in the Personal Issues of the Auditor? She has NO PROBLEM Voicing her PERSONAL ISSUES to ANYONE WHO LISTENS, Inside and Outside of the Court House...I feel, if you are gonna OPEN THAT CAN, then THE CAN is OPEN for Everyone....She Needs to DO HER JOB, STOP MAKING THE COURT HOUSE HER PERSONAL PAYTON PLACE, and TRYING TO CAUSE Trouble, for People that Voted her in to DO a JOB, not ALl this Crap.
Town Insider

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#18 Apr 24, 2011
The Mental Health comment on the Auditor is way off base. The Last name in question is the former wife before the Auditor who now resides in Florida. Folks if your going sling the mudd, make it acurate at least. Spreading B.S. that's untrue can get alot of people into a Big Hurt.
Why

Saint Peters, MO

#19 Apr 24, 2011
In the Know Norman wrote:
As for the 2012 elections we need to get it right this time. We should vote for the right person and not be concerned with their party affiliation. As for Associate Commissioners, Matt Bass certainly needs to go! He should have done the right thing and resigned when he was caught with his nose in the druggie jar. End of story. He also brings nothing to our county as for as education or stabality. All he wants is the money and medical insurance as he already has stated previously. Sell more hamburgers and buy your own insurance Mr. Bass. By the way, whatever happened to that back operation that you were suppose to get? Lincoln County wants to know!
Why bother with an operation when illegal pain killers are so easily available on the streets of Troy? Plus, the voters don't seem to mind that they have a doper for a commissioner. Typical LC thinking, go figure. LC is just a county of dopers, losers, and hoosiers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's time they arrest and charge Pam and Mark H... 8 hr Answer 14
You can not make this up 21 hr Pancake Patti 42
Circuit Judge Burkemper vs Kunza Mennemeyer (Oct '12) Mon Dummies 34
Invaders Motorcycle Gang in Lincoln County (Oct '12) Mon tweeter 169
Questions concerning Ameren UE (May '10) Mon Rumbler 46
Mark and Pam Hupp are MURDERERS!!! Mon A pissed of Islan... 40
Judge overturned again Sun Yeppers 30
Troy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web