Government Employees Paid Too Much

Government Employees Paid Too Much

Posted in the Troy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Help

AOL

#1 Mar 10, 2011
All whitet collar government employees are paid too much as far as benefits. ALL gov't employees are paid their wage and the multiple benefits that many do not receive: 14 Paid Holidays per year, Vacation, 401K, Pension and health benefits to are better than you and I pay top dollar for. Strictly guessing here:
10,000 employees at an average of 10.00 p.h.Holidays approx 11,000,000.00. Vacation: approx the same.Just in holidays and vacations they spend over 22 million per year per STATE. That does not include their 401k and Pensions that WE pay out year after year. The higher ups get even more. This is ridiculous - if they would drop to 10 holidays we would be out of debt in less than 5 years.
Is there any way to change this or are ALL people just screwed? Any suggestions anyone?
Help

AOL

#2 Mar 10, 2011
sorry for spelling errors and not proof reading, this subject just makes me furios and I cannot type all my anger correctly: "White Collar" and "multiple benefits that many do not receive" was to be "THAT MANY OF US - non government - WORKERS DO NOT RECEIVE"
The Real FUBAR County

Wentzville, MO

#3 Mar 10, 2011
There are so many ways that I need to respond to this. I do not have the time this morning. I will return, however, to answer several of your points. This does, however, sound like a basic case of salary envy.
Generalizations

United States

#4 Mar 10, 2011
Help wrote:
All whitet collar government employees are paid too much as far as benefits. ALL gov't employees are paid their wage and the multiple benefits that many do not receive: 14 Paid Holidays per year, Vacation, 401K, Pension and health benefits to are better than you and I pay top dollar for. Strictly guessing here:
10,000 employees at an average of 10.00 p.h.Holidays approx 11,000,000.00. Vacation: approx the same.Just in holidays and vacations they spend over 22 million per year per STATE. That does not include their 401k and Pensions that WE pay out year after year. The higher ups get even more. This is ridiculous - if they would drop to 10 holidays we would be out of debt in less than 5 years.
Is there any way to change this or are ALL people just screwed? Any suggestions anyone?
I understand the point you are trying to make HOWEVER I think that you need to be a bit more specific on your assumptions. For example, some states/employee groups are prohibited from contributing to AND collecting Social Security. That is 12.6% of total wages which is covered by the local (state) pensions.
I think you need more research done first before you draw any valid conclusions.
Help

AOL

#5 Mar 10, 2011
No, Not envy - I get paid my worth - just furious how my dollar is spent on white collar gov't at my expense. HELP !!! Any suggestions very welcome.
Help

AOL

#6 Mar 10, 2011
Generalizations, where do I find this information and what can I or anyone else do about it? I don't have time to research for hours just to get frustrated & and can't do a doggone thing about it?
Generalizations

United States

#7 Mar 10, 2011
Help wrote:
Generalizations, where do I find this information and what can I or anyone else do about it? I don't have time to research for hours just to get frustrated & and can't do a doggone thing about it?
Well, the quality of your conclusion is limited by the amount of or lack of research that you do. You have an assumption that white collar gov't employees are paid too much and receive benefits that appear to be unfair in comparison.

In comparison to what exactly? Sorry, but it is irresponsible on your part not to spend the time to appropriately research and critically analyze. Try starting with your state representative's office. There are non-partisan staffers there that you pay for that are there to help you.

But in the end, you are going to have to do some work and put forth some effort.
Right

Saint Peters, MO

#8 Mar 10, 2011
Generalizations wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the point you are trying to make HOWEVER I think that you need to be a bit more specific on your assumptions. For example, some states/employee groups are prohibited from contributing to AND collecting Social Security. That is 12.6% of total wages which is covered by the local (state) pensions.
I think you need more research done first before you draw any valid conclusions.
You mean like retired Missouri teachers who can't collect equitable social security benefits because they are classified as gov't employees....even if they worked other jobs and paid into social security system.
Help

AOL

#9 Mar 10, 2011
Sorry not school teachers, that is not what I meant. The ones sitting in their offices, filling out paperwork for County, City and State office positions and the higher up white collars who make the rules.
Generalizations

United States

#10 Mar 10, 2011
Right wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like retired Missouri teachers who can't collect equitable social security benefits because they are classified as gov't employees....even if they worked other jobs and paid into social security system.
Correct! Only through research and getting to the facts can one make a valid conclusion.
Help

AOL

#11 Mar 10, 2011
I had applied for an office job for the gov't and was handed the pay & benefit pkg. After reading it I looked around to see how many employees there were - approx. 25 who were being paid the same or more, depending on their status. That was in just 1 office in 1 county for county service for the needy. Thinking about it make me furious...MY tax dollar paying for ALL those benefits for gov't workers to receive all these benefits on my dime !
lol

United States

#12 Mar 10, 2011
I wonder if you would be as furious, if you had gotten the job.
Help

AOL

#13 Mar 10, 2011
I had to laugh because I knew someone here would say something of this nature. In FACT, I was invited to a 2nd interview for BOTH positions I was elegible for. I turned it down.
Now, do you have a fact or resolution to tame my fury??
Marine

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#14 Mar 10, 2011
I'm career military, so what your saying is you wanna take my benefits & pension? Really? Shame on you!
Help

AOL

#15 Mar 10, 2011
Marine, read previous posts.
Huh

United States

#16 Mar 10, 2011
Help wrote:
I had to laugh because I knew someone here would say something of this nature. In FACT, I was invited to a 2nd interview for BOTH positions I was elegible for. I turned it down.
Now, do you have a fact or resolution to tame my fury??
Are you out of work right now? If so, why did you turn down a 2nd interview?
Help

AOL

#17 Mar 10, 2011
No, I work full time in a great place. This took place quite some time back.I found I'd have to deal with the ones who really need assistance and those who just worked the system: Wouldn't be comfortable in that position.
Help

AOL

#18 Mar 10, 2011
Marine, if you just sit behind a desk fillin out paperwork and are not going to war - then I spend too much of my money on YOUR Vacation, 401K, Pension and 14 (or may be more by now)Holidays.
Marine

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#19 Mar 10, 2011
Help wrote:
Marine, if you just sit behind a desk fillin out paperwork and are not going to war - then I spend too much of my money on YOUR Vacation, 401K, Pension and 14 (or may be more by now)Holidays.
I'm sitting behind a desk doing paper work? Who ever is supplying your information is supplying you with incorrect Intel, you should probably fire them, because that person is misinformed.
Help

AOL

#20 Mar 10, 2011
Marine, you're so ignorant. All you say is you are military. I responded with IF. If you would take the time to read previous posts you'd get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pam hupps 2 million dollar bail 6 hr nuckin futs 2
Leah Wommack Askey is going to Prison 6 hr sick up n fed 63
Teri Traynor Stolle 13 hr LCTP 3
Mammograms 21 hr LCTP 3
Long John Silvers/A&W 22 hr LCTP 2
No Defense Offered Sun Jethro begat Verl 19
Happy Ending Massage Sun Daily Mirror 1

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages