Alderman Ward 3
Gerard Hagedorn

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Mar 13, 2010
Hello every one, i hope all is well. I am running for Alderman ward 3 in the City of Troy, for the April election. first I have noticed that some have been offened by some choice words that have shown up on my facebook page and I apologize.
The other reason for this post is that I understand that people will say things to get elected, however I do want to make a change!! I have lived in Troy has a home owner since 2003, have been married for 11 wonderful year and in 2004 my wife and I had Twins a boy and girl.
I have a vested interest in how the city operates or preforms, because I want the best for my family and yours. Being a paramedic for 13 years and a fireman for 10 years I can see what happens if a city gets run down or buisness leave and no new ones come in. it is imperative that we as citizens come together as a city and work together with our local and state officals to better our community. Can I gaurnetee you new stores tomorrow, or new jobs 1 day after I get elected absolutley not, but what I can say is that I want new jobs here in Troy so that our hard earned money stays in Troy, and our children do not have to risk driving to Wentzville to work. By bring in new jobs and retail to Troy we can build our reserves, repair our infrastucture. WE can not do that with out NEW buisness in Troy. I look forward to meeting you while I go door to door, I also look forward to any questions you may have please feel free to contact me. please be safe
Gerard Hagedorn
Canidate for Alderman Ward 3
Troy, Mo
Smithers

Wentzville, MO

#2 Mar 13, 2010
Finally a candidate on here who wants to speak for himself. I give you credit for speaking your mind. I challenge all others running for office to post as themselves.
Common Sense

Troy, MO

#3 Mar 13, 2010
I am glad you have apologized. Sometimes we are brought up short by criticism and we can truly make a change in our habits. What is in our soul comes through in our speech. Using filthy language is not becoming to anyone and especially one who is in public office.
AshleyH

Wentzville, MO

#4 Mar 13, 2010
I would like to comment about Gerard Hagedorn who is running for Alderman Ward 3....i have known Gerard for many, many years and know him inside and out....as a man he is very outspoken, outgoing and a well loved/liked individual. As a professional fire fighter/paramedic he is very kind, compassionate, caring for all the people he comes in contact with wether they are his patient or the patients family/friends. As a husband I know that he treats his wife like she is his world, he puts her first over his own needs or wants. As a father to 2 beautiful children he would bend over backwards for them, he gives up all his needs for them...I know for a fact he has been dealing with a very sick child for her entire life and would rather take care of her than himself. I believe this is the type of man we need in office--one that can take care of others before his own needs so that things can change in Troy. I know that he is for new businesses in Troy, he is for the Parkway in Troy so that people in this city and county can have jobs again. He is for the "little" man in this town. Gerard would make a great CHANGE for the City of Troy any day of the week and he has my vote. Thank you for being the type of man that you are and stay that way. Oh by the way just because you have used some foul language in your personal life does not mean that you are a terrible person you will have my vote on April 6th. Again thank you.
Krusty the Clown

Westcliffe, CO

#5 Mar 14, 2010
You have my vote. No one is perfect. I like someone who is honest and can own up to mistakes. Let's move on and get this city going in the right direction.
Wondering

Frisco, TX

#7 Mar 14, 2010
What exactly does "common sense" mean to you, Mr. Hagedorn? I think it's a hell of a statement, so what does it really mean to you?
Gerard Hagedorn

United States

#8 Mar 15, 2010
That is a good question, I feel that you can not run city government by just being republican or democratic you have to be open to ideas from both sides, and do what is right for the city and for the citizens who elected you. With that being said the current administration (mayor, and some of the alderman in wards 1 & 2 ) have showed no interest in bring any new business to Troy some have been worried about their own business because they want to keep it a small town, well Troy is no longer a small town and we need to bring in new industry and retail to support our own economy & to create local jobs, I have been in contact with the developer who wants to develop the royal oaks golf course he stated that if we do not secure this project the city of Troy could lose over 4 billion in taxes from this project, now does it make sense to let Moscow mills have that when they want to develop here in Troy? To me no it does not, we have a infrastructure that is in need of repair, and we do not have the new construction going on like we did back in early 2002-2003. The city from what I was told put all their eggs in one basket they funded the citys water and sewer with the money from new construction because of all the new growth and now do to the housing issue the growth is here the small town is gone, and we have no money. So I feel common sense says bring more business to Troy. I hope that this answers your question I look forward to more
thanks Gerard Hagedorn
fell asleep

Moscow Mills, MO

#9 Mar 15, 2010
Gerard Hagedorn wrote:
That is a good question, I feel that you can not run city government by just being republican or democratic you have to be open to ideas from both sides, and do what is right for the city and for the citizens who elected you. With that being said the current administration (mayor, and some of the alderman in wards 1 & 2 ) have showed no interest in bring any new business to Troy some have been worried about their own business because they want to keep it a small town, well Troy is no longer a small town and we need to bring in new industry and retail to support our own economy & to create local jobs, I have been in contact with the developer who wants to develop the royal oaks golf course he stated that if we do not secure this project the city of Troy could lose over 4 billion in taxes from this project, now does it make sense to let Moscow mills have that when they want to develop here in Troy? To me no it does not, we have a infrastructure that is in need of repair, and we do not have the new construction going on like we did back in early 2002-2003. The city from what I was told put all their eggs in one basket they funded the citys water and sewer with the money from new construction because of all the new growth and now do to the housing issue the growth is here the small town is gone, and we have no money. So I feel common sense says bring more business to Troy. I hope that this answers your question I look forward to more
thanks Gerard Hagedorn
GOOD ANSWER.If i was in your ward you would have my vote.Thanks for doing your home work.The alderman in ward 1 is just running off of her name.
Ward 3 Resident

Columbia, MO

#10 Mar 17, 2010
My husband and I live in Ward 3 and you have our vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burning plastic smell in the late evenings (Sep '11) 5 hr La chick 33
Financial Crisis Coming 18 hr One Who Knows 5
Walmart in Troy 22 hr Anti-fascist 2
Buy, Sell online in Lincoln Co 23 hr Klemm Kadiddlehopper 1
Proof Of Lin Co Ignorance Fri Good Morning 7
What Is Happening Fri Big Money 6
Lincoln County Missouri Online Yardsale (Feb '12) Dec 8 ihatecakelady 73

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance