Moscow Mills
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Troy Resident

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Dec 30, 2009
WOW! I just read a copy of the LCJ. Looks like the Mayor in Moscow Mills is telling the old folks to "stick it!" I cannot imagine a city or any other business for that matter, NOT having a website. If what I read is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, it would appear that he is willing to put it on the line for what he believes.

That is unusual for someone in local politics. We could sure use more of that around Troy!
Dude

Saint Peters, MO

#2 Jan 1, 2010
Moscow Mills will miss Clynch....He looked out for the people of his area. Hope he wins at the next level.
Troy Resident

Foristell, MO

#3 Jan 1, 2010
I found out he is running for State Rep. How can I get a hold of him? He seems like the person we need to get this county going. If I find out more and like his approach, I am going to support him also!
respect

Belle, MO

#4 Jan 1, 2010
He has my vote too!!
Troy Resident

Foristell, MO

#5 Jan 1, 2010
I talked to someone in the Chamber and they said Clynch, I think that's how you spell it, has really worked to get business and industry promoted in the city. She also said he helped to get that new radio station, 100.7, there.

He sounds like the kind of person we need to deal with all the stuff goofed up in this county. I have met the current Rep, Schieffer, and he is not exactly Mr. Personality. I have to say though I do not know him.
another Troy resident

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jan 1, 2010
Troy Resident wrote:
I talked to someone in the Chamber and they said Clynch, I think that's how you spell it, has really worked to get business and industry promoted in the city. She also said he helped to get that new radio station, 100.7, there.
He sounds like the kind of person we need to deal with all the stuff goofed up in this county. I have met the current Rep, Schieffer, and he is not exactly Mr. Personality. I have to say though I do not know him.
I know him. He was a big zero before he got into politics, and he hasn't changed.
not quite correct

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jan 2, 2010
Clynch is all show, takes credit for everything good and always blames bad or incompletes on others. The radio station is because he works for the company, job security for him. He just talks a big game but doesn't know jack. It would be nice to just get rid of him. As far as Rep. Schieffer, I have know him all my life, he is strange but has the county and community at heart. It may seem that some politicans don't do anything or at least what you might want, it just all takes time and patiences.
Troy Resident

Foristell, MO

#9 Jan 2, 2010
not quite correct wrote:
Clynch is all show, takes credit for everything good and always blames bad or incompletes on others. The radio station is because he works for the company, job security for him. He just talks a big game but doesn't know jack. It would be nice to just get rid of him. As far as Rep. Schieffer, I have know him all my life, he is strange but has the county and community at heart. It may seem that some politicans don't do anything or at least what you might want, it just all takes time and patiences.
Tell me, are you in the Chamber? Apparently he has done more behind the scenes stuff that he does not seek credit for, at least that is what this person told me. All Schieffer does is put his name in the paper. How many jobs has he created in Lincoln County?
Troy Resident

Foristell, MO

#10 Jan 2, 2010
not quite correct wrote:
I want someone that is going to work for ME!You say a "strange" Rep. is ok with you? How seriously is he taken outside our community?
Concerned Citizen

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jan 2, 2010
I have seen what Mr Clynch and his posse has done in Moscow Mills in the past several years and it is not pretty ,the majority of growth has been traler parks,trailer parks,and apartment complexes,apartment complexes which equal very little to nothing for our tax base. This type of growth has put a tremendous burden on the Lincoln County homeowners,farmers and business people that pay to police and school these new residents.The politicos of Moscow Mills have really done nothing productive for the area.Do yourself a favor and attend a couple of M.M City hall meetings,it is a very un-organized group that really needs some help. We as citizens need to look at the voting record and diligence that State Rep Ed Schieffer has put forward as our representation.He has one of the best attendance records of any State rep in all voting matters at the state level.He has represented L.C admirably and works hard for his constiuents. It is and has been his desire to bring more jobs and industry to Lincoln County .What people have to realize is that his term has been one that is in the worst economic times in American history.By considering to vote in a new State Rep would be a big mistake for L.C ,a freshman starts the whole process over which will dramatically slow the progress being made by our current represenative..State Rep.Ed Schieffer is a lifelong Lincoln County resident and farmer Believe me his heart and soul is to make Lincoln County a better place for us and our childrens future.Think long and hard at who you want to represent our county at the State level. We all need to do what is best for our community.
Sickened

United States

#12 Jan 2, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
I have seen what Mr Clynch and his posse has done in Moscow Mills in the past several years and it is not pretty ,the majority of growth has been traler parks,trailer parks,and apartment complexes,apartment complexes which equal very little to nothing for our tax base. This type of growth has put a tremendous burden on the Lincoln County homeowners,farmers and business people that pay to police and school these new residents.The politicos of Moscow Mills have really done nothing productive for the area.Do yourself a favor and attend a couple of M.M City hall meetings,it is a very un-organized group that really needs some help. We as citizens need to look at the voting record and diligence that State Rep Ed Schieffer has put forward as our representation.He has one of the best attendance records of any State rep in all voting matters at the state level.He has represented L.C admirably and works hard for his constiuents. It is and has been his desire to bring more jobs and industry to Lincoln County .What people have to realize is that his term has been one that is in the worst economic times in American history.By considering to vote in a new State Rep would be a big mistake for L.C ,a freshman starts the whole process over which will dramatically slow the progress being made by our current represenative..State Rep.Ed Schieffer is a lifelong Lincoln County resident and farmer Believe me his heart and soul is to make Lincoln County a better place for us and our childrens future.Think long and hard at who you want to represent our county at the State level. We all need to do what is best for our community.
I'm pretty sure those trailer parks were there long before Mike became Mayor. Can you name one trailer park that sprung up in moscow mills after Mike became Mayor. As for the apartment complex. I can only think of one that is in the city limits, and it is on Elmtree road. I'm not sure if construction started on that before or after he was elected. But regardless, more people living in this county, is more people spending money and investing in this county.
Moscow Rural Resident

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jan 2, 2010
Here is what someone needs to look up.How many trailer homes have been added in the past seven years on a already taxed sewer and water system.How many apartment units have been built compared to real estate stick built homes.There should be a reasonable balance and from what I see it is quite lopsided more so in Moscow Mills than anywhere I have seen. It doesn't take a scholar to realize that this influx of housing pays little real estate tax to cover the burden of social services that it drains on.We all can see that the schools are busting at the seams and those property owners that actually pay real estate taxes make up the difference in those that dont.Add it up it is not a small amount of money.If you have 400+ living units that pay virtually nothing into the tax base it is spread out to those property owners that do.I have drove thru Tropicana in the summer and I see hundreds of children so Im assumming that they do go to school in Moscow or Troy.Yes I realize that everyone has to live somewhere but it seems that Moscow Mills has somehow attracted most of the trailer parks and multi-family units being built in Lincoln County.Would'nt one think that some type of trailer tax should help pay for the additional government expeditures needed to support this influx of residents.I can tell you that the sales tax revenue covers very little compared to the added cost. Someone needs to do a study on this. I might be wrong but hasn't Clynch been part of the city government for quite a few years prior to being elected Mayor.Fill me in ,and if Im off base let me know.Thanks
Businessman Troy Mo

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#14 Jan 2, 2010
Stick with ED he was the only State Rep in Missouri that spoke up at the Farm Bureau to reduce real state taxes for the farmers,businesses and homeowners in general.There are a lot of reps in Mo and he stood alone speaking adamantly that our government is getting crazy on taxation. Ed works very hard at his job and is well liked by many in Jeff City and Lincoln County.He has my vote.
Businessman Troy Mo

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jan 2, 2010
Should have mentioned this was in Jeff City.
Troy Resident

Foristell, MO

#16 Jan 2, 2010
Moscow Rural Resident wrote:
Here is what someone needs to look up.How many trailer homes have been added in the past seven years on a already taxed sewer and water system.How many apartment units have been built compared to real estate stick built homes.There should be a reasonable balance and from what I see it is quite lopsided more so in Moscow Mills than anywhere I have seen. It doesn't take a scholar to realize that this influx of housing pays little real estate tax to cover the burden of social services that it drains on.We all can see that the schools are busting at the seams and those property owners that actually pay real estate taxes make up the difference in those that dont.Add it up it is not a small amount of money.If you have 400+ living units that pay virtually nothing into the tax base it is spread out to those property owners that do.I have drove thru Tropicana in the summer and I see hundreds of children so Im assumming that they do go to school in Moscow or Troy.Yes I realize that everyone has to live somewhere but it seems that Moscow Mills has somehow attracted most of the trailer parks and multi-family units being built in Lincoln County.Would'nt one think that some type of trailer tax should help pay for the additional government expeditures needed to support this influx of residents.I can tell you that the sales tax revenue covers very little compared to the added cost. Someone needs to do a study on this. I might be wrong but hasn't Clynch been part of the city government for quite a few years prior to being elected Mayor.Fill me in ,and if Im off base let me know.Thanks
It is my impression that the trailer parks have been in Moscow Mills for years. I think Tropicana for at least 10 or so and, according to my friend in the Chamber, Moscow Meadows since 1991. That is 18 years! I would guess that is long before Mike became Mayor.

I read his points in the paper and he seems to be both articulate and well-versed in the functions of government. Obviously there are those in this county who are against any kind of change. Mike appears to be promoting it and economic development at every chance with his city website. That sounds to me like someone working in the best interests of the people.

By the way, many years ago I was in real estate. The laws may have changed, but apartment buildings would pay real estate taxes. Mobile Homes do not. Someone allowed all those mobile home parks to be built. If Moscow Meadows is 18 years old, who was reponsible then?

I have only been in Troy for 3 years, so I do not know how long he has been involved in City Government. It does not make sense that he had anything to do with the trailer parks. Besides, doesn't LC not have planning and zoning?
Troy Resident

Foristell, MO

#17 Jan 2, 2010
Businessman Troy Mo wrote:
Stick with ED he was the only State Rep in Missouri that spoke up at the Farm Bureau to reduce real state taxes for the farmers,businesses and homeowners in general.There are a lot of reps in Mo and he stood alone speaking adamantly that our government is getting crazy on taxation. Ed works very hard at his job and is well liked by many in Jeff City and Lincoln County.He has my vote.
Like I said, I have only been here three years, but how many businesses has Rep. Schieffer promoted? How many companies has he talked to about creating jobs? Can you tell me that? I keep hearing our unemployment rate in Lincoln County is very high. Someone told me 13%.

I know lots of people who work hard, but not smart.
Troy Resident

Foristell, MO

#18 Jan 2, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Can you tell me when the trailer parks were put in Moscow Mills? I heard it was almost 18 years ago for Moscow Meadows. So what if Rep. Schieffer lived here his whole life. I have lived here only three years, does that mean I don't have as many chances as Schieffer?
Concerned

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jan 2, 2010
Im sorry that you cant understand that 600 trailer lots and 100 apartments that do not pay thier fair share of taxes is burdensome on actaul real estate property owners that do have to pay and dearly may I say.Why ? Because we have to make up the difference.Yes I know that Tropicana has been here a while ,but in the past few years Moscow has allowed another large park to come in as well as a large apartment complex.I would quess that we property owners have to pay to educate over 300 children from these complexes.I just feel that Moscow could have controlled this lopsided growth (they own the sewer systems ) A moratoriam on parks could have been enacted to pursue better dev.It is my understanding that mayor Clynch has been with in the political body of Moscow Mills for the past ten years.I think he has some momentum going in the right direction and should continue to try to improve M.M before pursuing a move up in his political career.A veto of M.M budget over a website is hardly considered a brash move.He needs more exp in the political arena and cutting his teeth in Moscow to prove his ability would be more of a prudent move.If he can show some forward movement and improve M.M more power to him. As far as Troy Residents last statement,are you planning to run for mayor or State Rep ?
Troy Resident

Foristell, MO

#20 Jan 3, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Im sorry that you cant understand that 600 trailer lots and 100 apartments that do not pay thier fair share of taxes is burdensome on actaul real estate property owners that do have to pay and dearly may I say.Why ? Because we have to make up the difference.Yes I know that Tropicana has been here a while ,but in the past few years Moscow has allowed another large park to come in as well as a large apartment complex.I would quess that we property owners have to pay to educate over 300 children from these complexes.I just feel that Moscow could have controlled this lopsided growth (they own the sewer systems ) A moratoriam on parks could have been enacted to pursue better dev.It is my understanding that mayor Clynch has been with in the political body of Moscow Mills for the past ten years.I think he has some momentum going in the right direction and should continue to try to improve M.M before pursuing a move up in his political career.A veto of M.M budget over a website is hardly considered a brash move.He needs more exp in the political arena and cutting his teeth in Moscow to prove his ability would be more of a prudent move.If he can show some forward movement and improve M.M more power to him. As far as Troy Residents last statement,are you planning to run for mayor or State Rep ?
Can you tell me what the mobile home park is that has been built over the past couple of years?
We are for ED

Newark, NJ

#21 Jan 3, 2010
I can say from personal experience that Ed is still the man for the job. We own a business here in Troy and HE called us when there was legislation that would have had a direct impact on us. He asked many questions and how we felt and our position on the subject. I call that dedication. Mike clynch is a very nice fellow and have nothing negative to say but we will be voting for Ed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Invaders Motorcycle Gang in Lincoln County (Oct '12) 4 hr LAP 195
Jiffy Lube (Jul '12) 6 hr KY 19
What happened to the kidnapp family? Fri LCP 22
Fair auction problem! Fri LCP 22
sal Fri youbetcha 6
hummingbirds Thu sweet lips 17
About Time Jul 29 Over Dose 92
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages