sacred heart
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
wondering

O Fallon, MO

#1 Aug 14, 2009
has anyone heard anything regarding what is going on at Sacred Heart in Troy. I was in Kroger today and heard someone telling the cashier that one of the teachers has been fired because of a run in she had with the priest fr. Wissler. Evidently once her contact expires, she is going to be revealing what really happened and it's supposed to be huge. does anyone know? is this a good school or not? this isn't the same sacred heart that has had priest trouble recently is it?
Jazzy

Harrison, AR

#2 Aug 15, 2009
wondering wrote:
has anyone heard anything regarding what is going on at Sacred Heart in Troy. I was in Kroger today and heard someone telling the cashier that one of the teachers has been fired because of a run in she had with the priest fr. Wissler. Evidently once her contact expires, she is going to be revealing what really happened and it's supposed to be huge. does anyone know? is this a good school or not? this isn't the same sacred heart that has had priest trouble recently is it?
I don't know what priest trouble you are talking about. I'm a parishioner at Sacred Heart and Father Tom has been there for years; I've never heard about any troubles with him, but maybe I'm just outside of the loop. What have you heard about priest troubles?
wondering

Marthasville, MO

#3 Aug 15, 2009
I am not in the loop, I probably don't know anymore than you do. That's why I was asking, I attend St. Mary's in Hawk Point and again, I said I overheard a clerk at Kroger and a customer talking about a teaher who had been fired. I did find out that the sacred heart in elsberry has a priest who is trouble. so that has nothing to do with the sacred heart in troy, but I'm curious as to what happened between the priest and the teacher, what she did to get fired. You just don't hear about that happening very often
The Dawg

Harrison, AR

#4 Aug 15, 2009
Jazzy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what priest trouble you are talking about. I'm a parishioner at Sacred Heart and Father Tom has been there for years; I've never heard about any troubles with him, but maybe I'm just outside of the loop. What have you heard about priest troubles?
well said jazzy/tmt3
eavesdropper

Troy, MO

#5 Aug 15, 2009
Grocery aisle gossip is about as accurate as grocery aisle newspapers.
Townie

Wentzville, MO

#6 Aug 15, 2009
I am not so sure. I think a lot of stuff you hear has truth steeped in there somewhere. I for one, do go to SH and I know the teacher being mentioned. I love her, she taught both of my boys. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say. Sacred Heart is not with out it's faults, and the truth always surfaces one way or another.
Troy native

Old Monroe, MO

#7 Aug 17, 2009
I sure miss the "old" Sacred Heart with Father Don. It's all about the money now, how much are you putting in the collection plate. I guess we have to support the new rectory, the boat, the motorcycle, the scooter. What ever happened to the vow of poverty. In my 58 years, I've never seen a priest, who is always focusing on the $, and yet, living so extravagantly.Shame on him
Livinlarge

Old Monroe, MO

#8 Aug 17, 2009
well said Troy native. There are alot of people who miss Father Don. He lives the vows he took, the new priest is horrible. If you have money, he's fine. If you are struggling like most peole these days, he could do without you.

I remember a homily one time where the whole subject was on giving money and how a few were having to make up for others. Whatever happened to going to church for the religious message.

Maybe a more fitting name would be father ca-ching
shame on u

Wentzville, MO

#9 Aug 17, 2009
you people should be ashame of yourselves...the grocery clerk that started this has started others, Instead of making up stories about others pray for them!
Hard Facts

Marthasville, MO

#10 Aug 17, 2009
I was just doing some reading and this might be what someone heard.
http://www.elsberrydemocrat.com/news/view_sec...
Livinlarge

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#11 Aug 18, 2009
Be ashamed of what? Speaking the truth? Look, people have a right to their opinion. Thats what this website is about. If you like pastor wissler, good for you. I don't, I like Father Don better. Just like you have the right to speak your opinion, so do I. The fact is, there are alot of people who miss the old days of sacred heart where it wasn't all about the money. maybe the shame lies in how things are run today.
nuttin much

Wentzville, MO

#12 Aug 18, 2009
you all need to realize Sacred Heart will never change.
Reality Check

United States

#13 Aug 18, 2009
Hard Facts wrote:
I was just doing some reading and this might be what someone heard.
http://www.elsberrydemocrat.com/news/view_sec...
Avoid gangs, Catholic Priests, and cops and you will live a more fulfilled and happy life. Those three groups are a pestilence to society. They represent betrayers of trust.
Thats good

Wentzville, MO

#14 Aug 18, 2009
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Avoid gangs, Catholic Priests, and cops and you will live a more fulfilled and happy life. Those three groups are a pestilence to society. They represent betrayers of trust.
I think you hit the nail on the head
Jazzy

Harrison, AR

#15 Aug 19, 2009
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh I was waiting for the anti-priest garbage to show up. There it is. Yes, some priests have done some bad things, but 97% of them are fine. I'm sick of people bashing priests, most of them to very important work and do it with faith and integrity.
letberealistic

United States

#16 Aug 20, 2009
I agree that there are good priests. But, I think your 97% is way off. Let's be real. That number is way too high.
Since when is an orgy a topic for a homily? The Sacred Heart priest had no problem explaining that one in church. Do you find that appropriate?
Lincoln County Watcher

Wentzville, MO

#17 Aug 20, 2009
Ah, the Lincoln County rumor mill is alive and well this evening! Sacred Heart, aka Troy Mafia, what a great group of "honest" people. I am certain I will hit a nerve with one or two of you, but that is exactly my aim.

I have not heard ONE GOOD THING about Father Tom. For far too long Sacred Heart and some of its more "prominent" members have attempted to run this county. If you disagree, then by all means please provide evidence to the contrary.

The Catholic Church is not the be-all and end-all. I am a born again Christian and believe the way to enter heaven is to love God with all your heart, mind and soul. Not to step into a booth and say, "Forgive me Father.........."

You can't "buy" your way into heaven like Michael Corleone. You could end up sleeping with the fish in the Cuivre River!LOL
ive got the truth

Wentzville, MO

#18 Aug 20, 2009
First of all, those of you saying that this is only a rumor & gossip are so very wrong. I have been there first hand. I attended Sacred Heart grade school. Girls there have said that Fr. Tom has made them uncomfortable by touching their stomachs, hugging them, & making inappropreiate jokes, comments, & gestures (such things of a nature a priest should not be talking about at all, especially to teenage students). This all has happened while these girls were serving a weekday morning service. Also I know Fr. Tom has behaved the same way towards some of the grade school teachers, parishoners & mothers of students, therefore resulting in a few teachers leaving the schools. It is such a shame because the school will eventually lose even more of their best teachers. Also losing Fr. Chuck. The parish has to realize whats happening,the priest they all look up to & trust is affecting the parish, school, & community severly. Do you really want your children to be exposed to those kinds of things? One thing I know for sure, Church and School at Sacred Heart has changed in my eyes for the worse.
wondering

Moscow Mills, MO

#19 Aug 21, 2009
As a parishioner, it makes me upset to think that the things mentioned in the above 2 posts could be true. My kids don't attend the school there, but I agree that father tom is someone who you either like, or you don't. Father Chuck leaving will be a big blow to the church. I guess I missed the mass when an orgy was the topic, I can't imagine the reaction to that.

If all this is true, things will catch up with him. And by the sound of things, it's going to be sooner,rather than later.
Bill

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#20 Aug 21, 2009
1) Priests don't take the vow of poverty- nuns do.
2) Fr Tom won't/doesn't even give the kids 'high fives' because of the way people talk/ make up stories.
3) The church is a business. Sacred Heart was hurting financially when Fr Tom was sent in. Fr Don was a great people-person but lousy with money. Fr Tom is the opposite.
4) Priests are men. They all have their faults. Some are more obvious than others.
5) Don't you love how Fr Tom preaches against gambling & then they have the poker booth (& others) at the church picnic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump truck 5 hr Big Booty Judy 31
my favorite memory of troy...... (May '10) Sat Nostalgia lane 122
Will Wommack do her job? Sat Who cares 12
The Coming Lawsuits Jan 20 Legal Beagle 1
Leah Wommack Askey is going to Prison Jan 19 One who Knows 70
Obamacare abolished Jan 18 Nutty Bar 2
lctp Jan 17 LCTP 1

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance