New Horizons
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tax waster

House Springs, MO

#1 Feb 5, 2012
Any one else tired of wasting money on that school. Poorly run by an less than educated principal and a teacher who only gives you the grade if you are a favorite
Sure y not

Foristell, MO

#2 Feb 5, 2012
Sure why not........dump them on the street.....put 'em on welfare. At least while they are in school, they aren't committing a crime.

Sell LCMC first.
Troy

House Springs, MO

#3 Feb 5, 2012
Ummm the whole 2 hours they are in school. Plenty of time to commit crime. Plus they have 10 kids in a room with only 1 teacher and ALL work is done on computers - huge waste!!!!
unknown

Warrenton, MO

#4 Feb 5, 2012
They have a low student to teacher ratio because the whole idea behind the school is to make it more personal. Whether the student has learning or behavioral issues, the school curriculum is designed to help them graduate.
Troy

House Springs, MO

#5 Feb 5, 2012
The school curriculum use to be designed to make it more personal. New principal changed the philosophy - they sit at a computer 2 hours a day - teacher sits behind desk. There is not much interaction.
unknown

Warrenton, MO

#6 Feb 5, 2012
Well, that sucks. The original program was a good idea....
Yu Tsuk Dong

O Fallon, MO

#7 Feb 6, 2012
Why you so harsh on school? Maybe results you want are there if you get involved. No understand how people want something better, but not do anything but complain.
stinkey winkey

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#8 Feb 6, 2012
Wentzville School District has Pearce Hall. Same type of program to get kids on the right track to graduate. Every school district has one and I commend Troy R-III for having this program. Children can not choose who they are born to and may not know of other choices in life to get them started on the right track. Don't be so self righteous. Try helping the children instead of finding fault. One day you may need help and no one will help you because you are mean and have an ugley personality.
Troy

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 6, 2012
The program WAS good when Mr Haan was there. This new principal has ruined everything!!!! She is terrible and let's the teachers treat the students badly
Just my opinion

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 7, 2012
There is a great need for that school but I have not heard good things bout their new staff. The principle and counselor don't know what their doing.
Nope

Wentzville, MO

#11 Feb 7, 2012
Troy wrote:
The program WAS good when Mr Haan was there. This new principal has ruined everything!!!! She is terrible and let's the teachers treat the students badly
Haan was terrible.
Parent

House Springs, MO

#12 Feb 7, 2012
Salvo sucks too. She treats students she doesn't like as scum and allows teachers to bully students. Somebody needs to get that place together.
driver

Troy, MO

#13 Feb 8, 2012
Of course the kids liked Haan whats not to like? Show up when you felt like it in your pajamas play some pool maybe some ping pong walk around the track call it a day and recieve a diploma. Then a new sheriff shows up makes them actually show up dressed and do some work and show some respect and surprise the inmates are upset.
Troy

Saint Peters, MO

#14 Feb 9, 2012
driver wrote:
Of course the kids liked Haan whats not to like? Show up when you felt like it in your pajamas play some pool maybe some ping pong walk around the track call it a day and recieve a diploma. Then a new sheriff shows up makes them actually show up dressed and do some work and show some respect and surprise the inmates are upset.
Not too long ago, kids with issues like these got a ticket to the Army. Now the Army won't take them cause they are just plain stupid, and they know what locals don't, that you can't fix stupid. Give them a broom and let them sweep the streets.
great school

United States

#15 Mar 5, 2012
I went there and it was a great school it gives kids a chance if they are falling behind n need a little extra attention
Huh

Shirley, AR

#16 Mar 5, 2012
Troy wrote:
The school curriculum use to be designed to make it more personal. New principal changed the philosophy - they sit at a computer 2 hours a day - teacher sits behind desk. There is not much interaction.
Do you mean the teacher refuses to teach or the inbred hick students do not ask questions?
student

Warrenton, MO

#17 Mar 6, 2012
If anything, New Horizons is a miracle in this town. It gives kids that had a hard time at the high school or problems at home a second chance. It may only be 2 hours and 20 minutes a day, but you are expected to learn and accomplish the same amount of work as the high school. It is just a different way if learning for people who couldn't comprehend. I went to this school and am now attending college. I had problems with students and the large class sizes at the high school and if it wasn't for New Horizons, I would not be attending college and moving on with my life. Just imagine how many more people would be on welfare and out committing serious crimes or using drugs and starting problems on the streets in town. It may not be the same standards as TBHS but it, by no means, a waste of tax money!
well

Warrenton, MO

#18 Mar 8, 2012
I'm assuming grammar and punctuation aren't taught at New Horizons?
student wrote:
If anything, New Horizons is a miracle in this town. It gives kids that had a hard time at the high school or problems at home a second chance. It may only be 2 hours and 20 minutes a day, but you are expected to learn and accomplish the same amount of work as the high school. It is just a different way if learning for people who couldn't comprehend. I went to this school and am now attending college. I had problems with students and the large class sizes at the high school and if it wasn't for New Horizons, I would not be attending college and moving on with my life. Just imagine how many more people would be on welfare and out committing serious crimes or using drugs and starting problems on the streets in town. It may not be the same standards as TBHS but it, by no means, a waste of tax money!
unknown

Wentzville, MO

#19 Mar 8, 2012
well wrote:
I'm assuming grammar and punctuation aren't taught at New Horizons? <quoted text>
Don't be such an ass. Their grammar and punctuation was just fine. It was a whole hell of a lot better than most young adults these days. At least this person uses vowels, most do not.
NHHSGraduate

United States

#20 Sep 11, 2012
When I went to New Horizons, school wasn't "2 hours". It was from 8:30AM-1:30PM, you had to stay longer in the day if you've missed a day or any time away from school. So I'm not sure why people are saying kids only go to school in their pajamas, stay for 2 hours, and walk around the track. When I went, we did actual book work, and had to go to school just like the rest of the kids going to TBHS. From my understanding, every highschool allows students to wear pajamas. Teenagers will be teenagers. Atleast they're not wearing barely anything at all, with their pants all the way down. Not ALL the kids are potential criminals. A lot of the children do better with more hands on learning, smaller classrooms etc. The "shooting pool and ping pong" is only an incentive program on Fridays towards if they attended all the days of the week, with no issues from the teachers etc. Or, it was also used with perfect merit cards for lunch. However, I do not know how things have been since Haan left (he left after my senior year), so I'm unsure how things are being handled there. It seems a lot has changed. But just because the new principle isn't handling things correctly, does not mean you have to blame the children, saying that they shouldn't have the chance that they are given. A lot of the children, not only have issues with big classrooms, and get more hands on learning at alternative schools, but they deal with learning disabilities, problems at home, working 2 jobs for a living and saving up for college. There's a lot of reasons. They're not all potential criminals. When I left, it's when they first started the computer program, which had no effect on my learning. I didn't learn anything new, and kids would google all the answers for the questions. In my opinion, they need to do away with the old program and fix things towards how they WERE. Yep, that's right! We'd google ALL the answers for the questions in the program. I know, because I did it a few times. If it wasn't for New Horizons, I would be a drop out and never would of been able to go to college and make something out of myself. However, it's sad that they've turned the whole curriculum into the computer programming, leaving easy forged answers, and little to no communication with the teacher and student. Pure laziness on the teacher and principles part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO AG Investigating 2 hr Shazaam 70
Motel mushrooms 3 hr Only one with morels 4
Grow the Tax Base 6 hr Tiger1 14
Commissioners address Republican Club Thu Jeesh 43
Jeffrey Hopkins, Kool-Aid is a snitch (Sep '12) Apr 19 Tommy Hopkins 13
Why do black people use the word finna? (Jan '12) Apr 17 Nobody 99
The thornhills Apr 17 Hossier 456 3

Troy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance