First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Who

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#1 Mar 10, 2014
It was disclosed on fox 2 that a court employee called a juror and said that they got the wrong guy.
So a court employee, that knew a juror and their phone number, behaved wholly inappropriately. Well, why I am I not surprised?
Free Russ

United States

#2 Mar 10, 2014
Nothing surprises me coming from Lincoln County.

What's more disturbing is that a Juror admitted that they 'weren't 100%' in the Sunday paper and it was alluded to in the Fox 2 piece as well, but convicted anyway. Wow.

Wait until you see Dateline this Friday March 14...all about the Faria trial. Please everyone pay attention to what's going on in Lincoln County...they could do this to anyone.
commoner

Troy, MO

#3 Mar 11, 2014
"But juror Timothy Gehner said he dissuaded jurors by arguing that Hupp, who is disabled with a back injury, would have been unable to wrestle with and stab Betsy Faria."

That is from the Post-Dispatch article. Is he an expert or medical doctor that can determine whether her injuries are severe enough to prevent her from committing this act? Did he take into account that adrenaline can play into one's ability to do physical activity in times of high distress?
Interested

Maryland Heights, MO

#4 Mar 11, 2014
commoner wrote:
"But juror Timothy Gehner said he dissuaded jurors by arguing that Hupp, who is disabled with a back injury, would have been unable to wrestle with and stab Betsy Faria."
That is from the Post-Dispatch article. Is he an expert or medical doctor that can determine whether her injuries are severe enough to prevent her from committing this act? Did he take into account that adrenaline can play into one's ability to do physical activity in times of high distress?
Doesn't take back strength to stab someone over and over. If she was on the couch, no wrestling would've been required. Maybe there was 2 involved. This whole thing sounds like something from Tennessee.
Chk it--Russ

United States

#5 Mar 11, 2014
Free Russ wrote:
What's more disturbing is that a Juror admitted that they 'weren't 100%' in the Sunday paper and it was alluded to in the Fox 2 piece as well, but convicted anyway. Wow.
Wait until you see Dateline this Friday March 14...all about the Faria trial. Please everyone pay attention to what's going on in Lincoln County...they could do this to anyone.
Russ - who would 1 contact with information about the case ??
Criminal Come Upns

Kansas City, MO

#7 Mar 11, 2014
The producers at Dateline have been sent ALL the evidence of the stupidty in Lincoln County. It includes, but not limited to, drug abuse by local leaders, judges giving $50 exemptions on jury duty, drug court supervisors sexually abusing those in the program and missing ballots from a past judicial election.
All this is TRUE and FACTUAL. When it appears on Dateline this community will look unbelieveably stupid.
Free Russ

Troy, MO

#8 Mar 11, 2014
I can tell you this....

After all my conversations and contact that I've had with all the people from Dateline, I can confidently say that they believe that at least the Lincoln County justice system is run by a bunch of inept, corrupt hicks. This is the impression that I get from them--and they aren't too far from the truth from what I can see.
Chk it--Russ

United States

#9 Mar 11, 2014
Free Russ wrote:
I can tell you this....
After all my conversations and contact that I've had with all the people from Dateline, I can confidently say that they believe that at least the Lincoln County justice system is run by a bunch of inept, corrupt hicks. This is the impression that I get from them--and they aren't too far from the truth from what I can see.
Russ - do u have any contact information to pass along information about the case
Of Course

Troy, MO

#10 Mar 11, 2014
Criminal Come Upns wrote:
The producers at Dateline have been sent ALL the evidence of the stupidty in Lincoln County. It includes, but not limited to, drug abuse by local leaders, judges giving $50 exemptions on jury duty, drug court supervisors sexually abusing those in the program and missing ballots from a past judicial election.
All this is TRUE and FACTUAL. When it appears on Dateline this community will look unbelieveably stupid.
Well of course the LC community, leaders, and judges will look unbelievably stupid. That is because they are a bunch of trashy hillbilly hicks no matter their education and no matter the size of their bank accounts. Degrees and money do not cover up ineptness, fraud, drug addiction, racketeering, and pure unadulterated stupidity. It is about time Lincoln County gets the investigative attention they have earned.
Time and Channel

Troy, MO

#12 Mar 11, 2014
Free Russ wrote:
What time and channel is Dateline on Friday?
Free Russ

United States

#13 Mar 11, 2014
NBC Channel 5 primetime at 7pm.

Chk it--Russ...

Send me an email at:

shr3ds at yahoo dot com

Let me know who you want to contact and what kind of info it is and I can hook you up with who you would need to speak to. I don't want to openly leave other organizations contact information on this forum.
Belle

Wentzville, MO

#14 Mar 11, 2014
This is rubbish. there is no dateline on Friday. It would take more than 3 days to put it together.
Free Russ

United States

#15 Mar 11, 2014
lol...you're a fool.

I've been working with Dateline for 2 months on this. It is airing this Friday barring a MAJOR news event. In that case it will be rescheduled.

Why don't you tell me the name of the Dateline producer that you've been working with. I've been working with Cathy Singer--great lady. This is her 2nd Dateline piece.

Who is it you have been working with again Belle?
Panda

United States

#16 Mar 11, 2014
So is dateline reairing the same piece as fox2 or their own piece? Why haven't we seen/ heard about this in the community? Where are their trucks/ reporters? Nothing seems to get by this community, I'm just surprised no one has noticed or heard anything.
Trojan War Horse

O Fallon, MO

#17 Mar 11, 2014
Welcom to Lincoln county boys and girls. Do you really think this is the first person to get railroaded in the county? It has happened before and will happen again. Fox 2 the Post Dispatch or Dateline don't scare these people. because the world revolves around them. If you really want to get to the bottom of this murder find out the connection between the PA, the Judge and the last person to see Ms. Faria alive. This county has always taken care of it's own ans always will. They will close ranks, cover up, skirt the truth and come with in a gnats ass of breaking the law to protect their own.Mr Faria's real crime, he wasn't one of us. It was easier to pin the murder on him than to do a thorough and complete investigation. Besides he wasn't from here, he wasn't related to anyone, he had no real money and he could do nothing for them. There are three kinds of people in Lincoln County, the haves, the have nots and the wanna be's.
Yep

Troy, MO

#18 Mar 11, 2014
Trojan War Horse wrote:
Welcom to Lincoln county boys and girls. Do you really think this is the first person to get railroaded in the county? It has happened before and will happen again. Fox 2 the Post Dispatch or Dateline don't scare these people. because the world revolves around them. If you really want to get to the bottom of this murder find out the connection between the PA, the Judge and the last person to see Ms. Faria alive. This county has always taken care of it's own ans always will. They will close ranks, cover up, skirt the truth and come with in a gnats ass of breaking the law to protect their own.Mr Faria's real crime, he wasn't one of us. It was easier to pin the murder on him than to do a thorough and complete investigation. Besides he wasn't from here, he wasn't related to anyone, he had no real money and he could do nothing for them. There are three kinds of people in Lincoln County, the haves, the have nots and the wanna be's.
Yep. Just because I live in Lincoln County does not mean I want to be like the locals or mix with the locals. I mind my own business, go to work every day, and otherwise live what I consider to be a normal life. These locals on the other hand seem to think the we workers owe their lazy ass a NECAC home, a generous EBT, free food from the pantry, and all without them having to be tested for drug use and alcohol abuse. Why should we take care of dopers and drunks? I have no problem helping those that fell on hard times but, the rest are just heroine infused meth mouth junkies looking for free handouts and their next fix.
Free Russ

United States

#19 Mar 11, 2014
Dateline this past Saturday promo'd the Faria episode after the Sat. night peice.

The Dateline story will be a full hour and will feature everything more in-depth. The story almost got squashed when the PA refused to say anything about the case...which the Dateline people say is odd. Usually, they say, the state is confident in their case and willing to talk but not this time. They went ahead anyway since I figure they got pissed because of the stonewall tactics.
Walker road

United States

#21 Mar 11, 2014
So if Russ is innocent, who did this?
Free Russ

United States

#22 Mar 11, 2014
I don't know who did this. I just know Russ did NOT do it. He was with me and the 3 other alibi witnesses that night during the time when the murder had to have occurred.

Seems to me that the last person to admit to seeing her alive should have been looked at a little harder--that same person who not only has been shown to have lied to investigators, but also lied on the stand and then changed her story on the stand.

The same person who was changed to the life insurance beneficiary 3 days before the murder. The same person who apparently made a phone call to Betsy's phone while in Betsy's house right around the time of the crime when she initially claimed she was at home. The same person who said in a taped interview when asked by investigators what Betsy did when they got home from chemo said 'it happened so fast'. The same person who showed up unannounced to pick up Betsy from chemo when she was not supposed to that day. The same person who was raising money on the back of another cancer victim whose family didn't even know about it and certainly never received any money. The same (and only)person who told all the stories to the papers and police initially stating that Russ was abusive and threatening to Betsy. The same person that still controls all the life insurance proceeds from the murder yet is unrelated to the family and has made no apparent effort to give the money back to Betsy's family. I'm starting to detect a pattern here...

Maybe that person should have been looked at a little.
Betsys friend

O Fallon, MO

#23 Mar 11, 2014
Belle wrote:
This is rubbish. there is no dateline on Friday. It would take more than 3 days to put it together.
Dateline will air barring any major news incidents. I was one of the people who originally gave their producer information. She came to my house, along with several other people. Chris Hayes spoke of the upcoming Dateline show. There was a commercial for the show. What other info would you like?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy Birthday Leah Askey Chaney 3 hr Getalife 36
Say Yes To........ 5 hr Y all Dumb 6
Roman Oct 14 Hoosier Hunter 5
Trailer Park Busts Oct 13 Chuckie 28
How many Oct 13 Touchedbyanangel 2
YES to Sinclair Oct 13 voting 1
who is hung? (Jul '16) Oct 12 PAT 18

Troy Jobs

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages