troy mo. sewer problems over looked

Posted in the Troy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stinky situation

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#1 Feb 23, 2011
we've had many problems with the lincoln co. sewers with no fixes from anyone,they stink and leak into residents yards by the gallons.PATCHNG IS'T WORKING AND THE MONTHLY BILLS KEEP RISING!!!!anyone see or heard of similer problems? lets hear!!
Eric Bernabe

Wentzville, MO

#2 Jan 1, 2012
The lift station in my subdivision failed twice this summer in 2011. The CEO and executives (mayor and borard of alderman) of the "sewer company" feel that it is not their problem and refused to do anything to reimburse me or my family for our losses.

Two times before the board of alderman and still they won't accept responsibility for their incompetence.
The Wizard

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jan 2, 2012
My sewer line was never inspected while it was under new construction,, resulting in thousands of dollars of damage to my front yard and digging up my driveway. I was never connected to the main sewerline. And still have damage to my property that needs to be fixed. Please read entire post under Troy Alderman Ward 111.
Toilet Water

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2012
The Wizard wrote:
My sewer line was never inspected while it was under new construction,, resulting in thousands of dollars of damage to my front yard and digging up my driveway. I was never connected to the main sewerline. And still have damage to my property that needs to be fixed. Please read entire post under Troy Alderman Ward 111.
In the State of Missouri, sewer customers are responsible for the line from their home to the main. This is true of ANY publicly owned waste water utility, municipal or otherwise. You MIGHT have a cause of action against your builder, assuming it has not been too many years and they are still in business.

Who was your builder, by the way?
Toilet Water

United States

#5 Jan 2, 2012
The Wizard wrote:
Sorry! Several important questions to ask you.

When, exactly, was your home built?

Was the plat in which your home was built already within the Corp City Limits of Troy or was it annexed after completion?

Did you finance your home through FHA/VA/USDA? They require at least three inspections during the building process.

These dates are important as they relate to the adoption of the IRC, International Residential Code, for building and inspections.
The Wizard

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jan 2, 2012
The city is not responsible for damage that is caused by unforseeable events. Sewer lines that break during unsual hot or cold weather,, rain ect. That is not under thier control.
The city is responsible for damage they cause when they know full well what will happen if they don't prevent it from happening. The city knows that if they don't do a sewer inspection under new construction,, to make sure that you are connected to the main line on thier side,, that a sewer issue will arise. I was given an inspection paper by the city inspector befor i moved in saying my dwelling weas safe to inhabit. Only to find out they did not do thier job and I have a copy from the city showing no sewer inspection was ever done. Sewer connects to the main line cost $4,800 dollars for new construction,, which i also have a copy of. The connection had nothing to do with my sewer line leading up to the connection which was
on the city's property. Please read the facts on inverse condemnation and you will see what i am talking about.
The Wizard

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jan 2, 2012
You can get a copy of city inspections at city hall,, which state,, sewer lines can not be covered until the city has inpsected them. Also did you dig up your sewer line to make sure you had a connection before moving into your home. Even a professional inspection probably would not uncover something of this type. No this is not covered under home owners ins or sewer back up ins. City Hall hands out bulding permits,, to people who have done this before,, yet they are still building. Yes I live in the incorporated part of town. My property is worth much less than my neighbors and im still given the same tax bill they are. I have lost much.
Toilet Water

Wentzville, MO

#8 Jan 2, 2012
You see, this is what happens when you live in a backwards community. No rules exist and the rules that do exist have little or no enforcement. I am having trouble with a title company or lender issuing title insurance or closing on a loan under such circumstances.

If DNR-EPA finds out that homes are being added to the waste water treatment without accounting for them, they(the taxpayers)could be subject to HUGE fines for Clean Water Act violations. Permits are issued by DNR based upon the effluent generated by a certain about of taps, commercial and residential, allowed to the mains.
Tap Crap

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 2, 2012
Who can make City Hall comply to anything,,rules exist only for a tiny few and for thier benefit,, those we elected and thier cohorts
regretful citizen of troy

United States

#10 Jun 12, 2012
The streets are beyond horrible, the water is unsafe for children to drink, and sewage has been an on going problem for my family. Whether the sewage is in my finished basement or my landscaped backyard, these "people" half-ass everything they do. The creek that's 60 feet behind me flooded almost 2 feet up onto my house last year. My house is only 6 years old and these inbreds didn't even have the technology to foresee any problems. I'm fed up now(another sewage problem) and I'm not stoppin.
Redneck Pool

Saint Peters, MO

#11 Jun 12, 2012
All the extra dough we're coughing up for the Troy pool to run a huge profit will get redistributed to fix everything. That's how spreading the wealth around works and you will benefit from it soon.
regretful citizen of troy wrote:
The streets are beyond horrible, the water is unsafe for children to drink, and sewage has been an on going problem for my family. Whether the sewage is in my finished basement or my landscaped backyard, these "people" half-ass everything they do. The creek that's 60 feet behind me flooded almost 2 feet up onto my house last year. My house is only 6 years old and these inbreds didn't even have the technology to foresee any problems. I'm fed up now(another sewage problem) and I'm not stoppin.
Water Bill

Wentzville, MO

#12 Jun 12, 2012
im single,, in a month i wash about 3 loads of laundry, and the dishwasher 2 times,, my water bill runs about 46 dollars a month and im afraid to do more or i will recieve a 100 water bill. What's your water bill run a month and how big is your family. I am not able to get all my work done on such a rashioned amount of water.
anyone

Wentzville, MO

#13 Jun 12, 2012
Water Bill wrote:
im single,, in a month i wash about 3 loads of laundry, and the dishwasher 2 times,, my water bill runs about 46 dollars a month and im afraid to do more or i will recieve a 100 water bill. What's your water bill run a month and how big is your family. I am not able to get all my work done on such a rashioned amount of water.
I have a family of 5. I do at least 1 load usually 2 of laundry and run my dishwasher every day. I water my grass deeply every week and my garden every other day. My bill I just got was 100 bucks. During the winter it is usually about 75.
Stupid Townies

United States

#14 Jun 13, 2012
All your complaints circle back to one conclusion. Stupid, inept and incompetent leaders who have or had NO CLUE about how to grow a community. Obviously the builder(s) some of you purchased your homes from were criminals. They were not held responsible by the city for the quality of the construction.

Even with rules, like P and Z and building codes, they are only as effective as the people who enforce them. This is almost as bad as having no rules at all, which is the current situation in the unincorporated parts of the county.
Meter Reader

Wentzville, MO

#15 Jun 13, 2012
Stupid Townies wrote:
All your complaints circle back to one conclusion. Stupid, inept and incompetent leaders who have or had NO CLUE about how to grow a community. Obviously the builder(s) some of you purchased your homes from were criminals. They were not held responsible by the city for the quality of the construction.
Even with rules, like P and Z and building codes, they are only as effective as the people who enforce them. This is almost as bad as having no rules at all, which is the current situation in the unincorporated parts of the county.
I couldn't agree more,, working in lake st louis people would ask me where i live and when i say troy,, most say they wouldn't move here because of all the poor housing quality,, maybe we should hold the mayor who issues buliding permits along with the builders accountable for who moves into this county. Nobody wants to own a home with all the problems that come with them.
One More Time

Troy, MO

#16 Jun 13, 2012
Redneck Pool wrote:
All the extra dough we're coughing up for the Troy pool to run a huge profit will get redistributed to fix everything. That's how spreading the wealth around works and you will benefit from it soon.
<quoted text>
Explain exactly how you are "coughing up extra dough" for the Troy pool?

I want specific examples with the sources cited for verification.
grannygo

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#17 Jun 13, 2012
Speaking of water bills, my husband and I are on Social Security and we have our own well; no city water but we are hooked up to city sewer. Get this: since they can't monitor water useage to base sewer rates on, they charge us $32.00 per month for sewer. I hardly think we use near the amount families with more than 2 do plus I only do 4 loads of laundry a week. This has been brought up at city meetings but they more or less just say it is what it is.
Low Income

Wentzville, MO

#18 Jun 13, 2012
Meter Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more,, working in lake st louis people would ask me where i live and when i say troy,, most say they wouldn't move here because of all the poor housing quality,, maybe we should hold the mayor who issues buliding permits along with the builders accountable for who moves into this county. Nobody wants to own a home with all the problems that come with them.
They wanted low income people who would be dependent upon them for housing. You see, when the trailer parks were being ZONED out of existance or bought by developers in St. Charles County, several wise business owner/developers in Lincoln County figured it out.

It was a deliberate and planned occurance to create all the trailer parks in this area. There were no rules and as a result, no control. I compare it to the "Wild West" and no rules were ever created. They took HUGE profits from renters in the Mobile Home Parks and continue to.
Water Pressure

Wentzville, MO

#19 Jun 19, 2012
Has anyone had any trouble with thier water presure lately??
time to move

Saint Peters, MO

#20 Aug 17, 2013
I was paying $32 per month for sewer and that was to high. My last bill for July 2013........$166...for SEWER! FOR SEWER! Go to the board meeting on Monday August 19 and let them know what you think!!! City Hall at 6PM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hwy 61/47 Interchange Dangerous & Outdated 3 hr Im Thinking 15
hair care Sat oh come on 17
favorites (Apr '14) Fri sweet lips 23
Ameritas dental coverage Dec 19 Tony 1
Spoofing - Serious Legal Consequences Dec 19 Think 1
Questions concerning Ameren UE (May '10) Dec 18 mike 42
Mark and Pam Hupp are MURDERERS!!! Dec 18 FOR SURE 9
Troy Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Troy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Troy News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Troy

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:10 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:10PM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
NBC Sports 6:42 PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West