Chickens being kept in Whitetail Cros...

Chickens being kept in Whitetail Crossing Subdivision

Posted in the Troy Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JLo

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jul 28, 2010
Just wondering if there are any rules or regulations against keeping chickens in Whitetail Crossing Subdivision? Seems to me if they wanted chickens, they should not have bought a house in a subdivision. I'm sure the neighbors love the stench on these hot summer days.
Phoenix

Arkadelphia, AR

#2 Jul 28, 2010
Well it could depend on a few things, like is there a home owners association for the subdivision, if the homeowners signed any type of contract stating no farm animals, or if there is any planning or zoning where the property is located.
JLo

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jul 28, 2010
Home Owners Assoc there is a joke, so I guess chickens it is!:(
Phoenix

Arkadelphia, AR

#4 Jul 28, 2010
Oh one last thing, if the home was there and they had chickens before the other homes were built, it could be grandfathered in.
JLo

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jul 28, 2010
Nope, it is new...so no grandfather clause...but the chickens really do stink!
Checked

O Fallon, MO

#6 Jul 28, 2010
It's a zoning violation to keep chickens in a subdivision unless your a farming operation. Report it!
IcParent

AOL

#7 Jul 28, 2010
how many chickens are there?
Phoenix

Arkadelphia, AR

#8 Jul 28, 2010
Zoning violation, how, if this is located in LC there is no such thing.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Jul 28, 2010
Maybe the people can sell some chickens and pay for the tax levy increase coming up on Aug 3
Common Sense

O Fallon, MO

#10 Jul 28, 2010
My doctor lives in Ladue and has chickens in his backyard. That's organic and fresh eggs. More power to these folks.
Phoenix

Arkadelphia, AR

#11 Jul 28, 2010
I'm doing home schooling and my pay is fresh laid eggs, I would rather have those homegrown veggie also, they are better for you.
LC Voter

Foristell, MO

#12 Jul 28, 2010
The ways things are going I think we all should buy some backyard chickens and get back to gardening like the old days.Maybe less dependant and more independant to feed our own.
smart real smart

Wentzville, MO

#13 Jul 29, 2010
The people with the chickens live right behind me and I could care less, and I have never smelled a bad odor from them. Who cares, they are nice people and good neighbors.
CoolPapaB

Saint Peters, MO

#14 Jul 29, 2010
Phoenix wrote:
Lincoln County you can do what ever you want there is no real LAW in LINCOLN COUNTY and as far as BY-LAWS for a subdivision out here is the biggest JOKE ever there are none
smart real smart

Foristell, MO

#15 Jul 29, 2010
I have way more important things to worry about, than my neighbors having chickens. But I would appreciate some fresh eggs!!
Hannibal

Shirley, AR

#16 Jul 29, 2010
Chickens eat Tons of bugs of every kind including ticks, spiders, ...and baby snakes. They rarely have bad odors unless the pens are not maintained properly. They provide great watch dog services and fresh eggs beat store bought any day of the week......the problem is sometimes they produce too much of an abundance of eggs...talk to them and i'm sure you'll get a great deal on eggs. Beats going to the store. I'd rather have chickens as neighboring animals than a yapping dog...and marauding cats eat baby rabbits, and song birds of every species.
IcParent

AOL

#17 Jul 29, 2010
Im way out in the county . I have chickens, and the only way they smell is A) you dont clean the coop. and B) you have 100 Plus. being in a subdivision I would think they would have no more than 2o
I think the person is just jealious cause he/she dont have chickens.

I have a neighbor german shepard that keep getting in my trash,. 2/3 times a day . cops say to shoot it . but I have a heart and can not shoot a dog, unless it bites me .I wish they had a animal control out here in Lincoln county.
Phoenix

Arkadelphia, AR

#18 Jul 29, 2010
smart real smart wrote:
I have way more important things to worry about, than my neighbors having chickens. But I would appreciate some fresh eggs!!
Well I get about three dozen or so a week, if I get too much I will share, just let me know where you want to meet for the eggxchange lol.
NO relation

Saint Charles, MO

#19 Jul 30, 2010
Phoenix wrote:
HEY STUPID THE SUBDIVISION IS IN THE CITY LIMITS OF TROY AND THEY HAVE PLANNING AND ZONING
curious

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#20 Jul 30, 2010
When did Whitetail crossing become in Troy ciy limits????????? As NO relation stated..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Troy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Bass for Commission 22 min Questions 31
Pam Hupp gulity 15 hr armpitofmissouri 12
Missing woman 20 hr Capone 2
Is it illegal to have a swimming pool in my yar... (Jun '13) Sat 😉 18
pam hupp (Aug '14) Jun 24 Captain obvious 83
No more SHINES Jun 24 Captain obvious 2
Price Gnade Ford Closing Jun 24 Grenade 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Troy Mortgages